“Great value, surprisingly great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Niceville
Thomasville
“Great value, surprisingly great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I typically stay at Hamptons and Residence Inns when I travel. After staying at this hotel for a couple of nights, I will always consider Comfort Suites. This location in particular impressed me. My room was well below $100 per night, a great value considering that a hot breakfast (similar to Hampton) is available as well as an evening social hour that serves beer and wine (similar to Residence Inn) and appetizer-size food that could pass as dinner. The food at the social hour was catered by a really great local restaurant that has high ratings. All staff I encountered were friendly. They took me in on short notice. The rooms and common areas were very clean. My room had two beds, a small refrigerator, a nice flat screen TV, a sitting area, and a good sized bathroom. Everything was up to date. Walls could use some touching up, though. If you are working at Eglin, this hotel is incredibly close and your best bet in the area for the value. You really get a lot for the $85 or so you pay per night.

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Suites E, General Manager at Comfort Suites at Eglin AFB, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised as you normally stay with other brands. We work very hard to stay in the top 10 ranked Comfort Suites in the US and continually look for ways to make our guests' stay even better. Looking forward to having you stay with us again!

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

the location and price were perfect for my needs. the room was clean and large enough to be comfortable for a week's family- illness stay. Adrianna and Austin were very friendly and welcoming. the breakfast was good and plenty and the staff was great. i would also like to thank the maintainance man who helped me with a broken suitcase lock. i will stay there again.wish i had known about the " get one night free when you stay for 10" deal. i could use the help.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very friendly service. I was traveling with my mother, who has trouble getting around, and they were careful to provide us with a full handicapped suite for her. Provided advice on where to do for dinner. Beds comfortable, rooms spacious, breakfast pretty good too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Weaver, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three different times for a week at a time and simply enjoy staying here. The staff is always excellent and the hotel is always clean and fresh. The free breakfast is always great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Katy, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family stayed at the Comfort Suites twice in 10 days. Excellent value. The rooms very large. The hotel was extremely clean and the staff was wonderful. The free breakfast wasn't great, but they had coffee and juice. Restaurants and stores are located nearby. I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hughesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I originally stumbled onto the Comfort Suites two months ago only because a hotel down the road was overbooked and when I arrived I was told they would not be able to honor my reservation. They told me they would book me at the Comfort Suites. I was not thrilled as my perception of the Choice Hotels group was that they were lower end hotels. BOY WAS I SURPRISED! The Comfort Suites in Niceville is clean, fresh, and has the brand new look to it. The hallways are wide, the rooms are large, and the breakfast is well done. Free internet with NO PASSWORD! Fresh cookies also. I saw a pool though did not use it. My next trip to the area was a few days ago and I specifically chose Comfort Suites. When I checked out, they eagerly held my bags for me while I caught a ride with a co-worker to go to a meeting that was being held at another hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

There are two Comfort Hotels in Niceville less than one-half mile from each other but what a difference there is between the two. You should first know the price is not the same. If you are looking for a budget hotel that is many years old and needs a major renovation choose the one on Highway 85. You you don't mind spending $20 dollars more and staying in a top rate, very clean and comfortable hotel, choose the one on the Parkway. When I arrived I was met at the door with a warm smile and pizza, hot wings, beer and wine in the dining area. Then I was introduced to my very large room with a King bed, big screen TV, lounging area with a sofa, wireless internet, desk, and very large and spotless bathroom. I choose to be on the top floor (3) because I don't like people walking over my head when I am trying to sleep. It was so quiet I almost slept late the next morning. Breakfast downstairs was great. Eggs, sausage, toast, coffee, juice, fruit, and much more. A computer/business area is also located downstairs next to the dining area. You can pay less for a hotel in Niceville, but you will get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor in the rear of the hotel. You are away from the noise of the highway, ve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites at Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!