“Spacious room with kitchen area, on the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Spacious room with kitchen area, on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have family in New Smyrna Beach, and so have stayed in town many times before in different types of accommodations. My parents stayed at this hotel years ago when it was under different ownership, and based on their experience I was a little nervous about staying here, despite good reviews. I should not have been worried - TripAdvisor reviewers did not let me down.

Check-in was quick and easy. We stayed on the 4th floor, and our room was clean and very spacious. The room had a hallway which connected the bathroom to the right, which was spacious enough for several of us getting ready in the morning; a bedroom with two good-sized beds and a nice-sized closet; and a living area on the left. The living area included a sleeper sofa, chair and coffee table, a square dining table with three chairs, and a kitchenette area with a nice-sized fridge, microwave, and cabinetry (no stove or oven).

The spaces were clean and while I wouldn't exactly call them fancy, they were nice and comfortable - not outdated or worn at all. Best of all, the balcony was large enough for a couple of chairs and had a great view of the beach. It was on the cold side while we were there, but I can imagine that in warmer weather it would be wonderful to open the door and hear the waves crashing on the shore nearby. I was pleasantly surprised by the room and could see staying here for a week or more on vacation - there was enough of a condo feel to make breakfast and lunch in the room, and then go out for dinner. Which, let's face it, is part of vacation...not cooking every meal.

The two things that kept me from rating this property a little higher? First, that there is not an included breakfast (which is not unusual for Best Western affiliated properties), although there is a restaurant on property and other options nearby. I just prefer that included in a hotel. The other thing was that we did experience a glitch upon check-out. We were overcharged on the room by a substantial amount. Luckily, my husband thought something seemed strange about the rate compared to what I had mentioned, and brought it to me. I confirmed the issue and brought it to the attention of the desk staff, who were nice about it and immediately corrected the problem - so it was not an issue in the end, other than a slight delay in our departure. The rate was correct on the document when I checked in, and I had the confirmation to show them, which was fortunate and probably helped speed the correction. However, this is a plus in the customer service area for me - mistakes happen, but it is how they are corrected that counts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richard V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you and I'll gladly take your 4 Bubble score. You did a great job describing our hotel and your reason for your score, thank you.
Richard Vyse GM-CHA
VP Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Kamloops, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during Speed Week. Family with 2 young kids. Everything was great from lots of parking, comfy beds, quiet room to a cheap good breakfast.
Friendly staff and right on the beach with great view...thanks we will be back

• Stayed February 2013
Richard V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much. I love the "King of Queens" and glad we had a celebrity with us. Seriously, we appreciate the nice comments and very excited your stay was a very good one. We appreciate your business.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Best Western in New Smyrna ? Don't let the name deter you from experiencing a fantastic, modest size hotel on a clean, white beach that stretches approximately 13 miles and is not crowded like Daytona! I was pleasantly surprised to arrive into a newly renovated hotel with smiling staff greeting me immediately. (love the southern hospitality) . My room faced the ocean (as most do);but I had 2 balconies. The suite was spacious and tasteful. The restaurant also faces the beach and is very affordable. Boutiques and restaurants just a quick walk north on the beach.This was well worth my trip from Toronto, Canada. See you next year.

Room Tip: There are only a few suites that have 2 separate balconies: 1 off bedroom and 1 off sunken living/de...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I'm so pleased your stay was a great one. We do try extremely hard to make sure our guests leave happy. Thank you very much and hope we can serve you again real soon.

Inverness, Florida, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stay at this hotel every trip to NSB. Staff is wonderful, views are perfect, nice beach to walk on, across street from a great fresh bagel shop for breakfast (cash only), short distance to nice dinners at The Garlic.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Richard V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for being a guest at our hotel again. We do try very hard to make each and every guests stay a great one. Can I ask you to email me personally at hinsb@msn.com to discuss your review further please. It will help us do a better job and really want your input as a returning guest.
Thank you.
Richard Vyse GM
& Staff
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in February 2013 and had a very nice suite with nice ocean view and balcony. Room had recently been upgraded and the front desk staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Will definitely be back to this property.
Larry - Oswego, NY

Room Tip: Was on the 8th floor in a room they just finished remodeling. They are working on some other rooms o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
It truly makes our day when a customer leaves our hotel a happy guest. We know we've done our jobs and appreciate your very nice comments. From my staff and myself, "Thank you, it was our pleasure".

denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

great location on the beach, walking distance to mulitple restraunts, very clean and friendly staff, sleeping area is seperate from living room area - good for families with young children. all rooms face ocean with balconies .Great restraunt on site for breakfast

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Richard V, General Manager at BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
What a nice way to start my day is hearing from our hotel guests. I too, like the room set ups with the seperate bedroom and our little restaurant serves great home style food with the very best view of the beach.
Thank you very much.
Richard Vyse
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel has been recently renovated and the room was well presented, large along with a microwave, fridge and a small amount of plates, cups, cutlery. With the grocery store just across the street, it provided a great location to pick-up breakfast and lunch items to enjoy in the room/on the balcony. Within a 15-20 minute walk to Flagler provided you with endless restaurants, bars and shops to choose from. The Boston Fish House and Upper Deck were directly across the street for easy meal access. All of the staff were very customer oriented and the housekeepers always provided outstanding cleaning services along with plenty of towels and amenties each day. One day we asked not to have our room serviced due to sickness and the next day she asked if I was feeling better....I was very impressed with this. Having worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years I know when a hotel takes good care of their employees because it shows - from the front line staff, maintenance staff all the way along the line. We will definitely be back and our 14 days stay was just perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning. Getting such a great review from someone who has been in the business as long as you have is quite a complimnet. Thank you. My staff does try hard to satisfy our guests.
We look forward to serving you again hopefully real soon!
Richard Vyse
VP Hotel Operations

Been to BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!