We have family in New Smyrna Beach, and so have stayed in town many times before in different types of accommodations. My parents stayed at this hotel years ago when it was under different ownership, and based on their experience I was a little nervous about staying here, despite good reviews. I should not have been worried - TripAdvisor reviewers did not let me down.
Check-in was quick and easy. We stayed on the 4th floor, and our room was clean and very spacious. The room had a hallway which connected the bathroom to the right, which was spacious enough for several of us getting ready in the morning; a bedroom with two good-sized beds and a nice-sized closet; and a living area on the left. The living area included a sleeper sofa, chair and coffee table, a square dining table with three chairs, and a kitchenette area with a nice-sized fridge, microwave, and cabinetry (no stove or oven).
The spaces were clean and while I wouldn't exactly call them fancy, they were nice and comfortable - not outdated or worn at all. Best of all, the balcony was large enough for a couple of chairs and had a great view of the beach. It was on the cold side while we were there, but I can imagine that in warmer weather it would be wonderful to open the door and hear the waves crashing on the shore nearby. I was pleasantly surprised by the room and could see staying here for a week or more on vacation - there was enough of a condo feel to make breakfast and lunch in the room, and then go out for dinner. Which, let's face it, is part of vacation...not cooking every meal.
The two things that kept me from rating this property a little higher? First, that there is not an included breakfast (which is not unusual for Best Western affiliated properties), although there is a restaurant on property and other options nearby. I just prefer that included in a hotel. The other thing was that we did experience a glitch upon check-out. We were overcharged on the room by a substantial amount. Luckily, my husband thought something seemed strange about the rate compared to what I had mentioned, and brought it to me. I confirmed the issue and brought it to the attention of the desk staff, who were nice about it and immediately corrected the problem - so it was not an issue in the end, other than a slight delay in our departure. The rate was correct on the document when I checked in, and I had the confirmation to show them, which was fortunate and probably helped speed the correction. However, this is a plus in the customer service area for me - mistakes happen, but it is how they are corrected that counts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western-Oceanfront Hotel & Suites is located directly on the Atlantic Ocean. Our balconies offer a breath-taking view of the ocean where you can enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the sun rise or enjoy the activities on the beach. Our Seascape Restaurant has the coast's best view of the ocean with spectacular sunrises. In addition to our beautiful beach, you can view shuttle launches or rockets from the Cape or visit Orlando's attractions, both of which are a short drive away. The Best Western-Oceanfront Hotel and Suites is host to a myriad of events during the Daytona 500 and Bike Week. Our Best Western-Oceanfront is a 100% non-smoking hotel and look forward to serving you soon! We love our guests and we will treat you right! Please note: guests must be 21 years of age or older to check in. We no longer accept pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New Smyrna Beach (Daytona Beach) Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- Holiday Inn Daytona Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Holiday Inn