“Family Fav” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert
Northern, NY
“Family Fav”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Banana is a destination at least once or twice every time we visit. Try the Lava! Yum! We can't get enough!

93% Recommend
Norwood, OH
“Can't Wait To Go Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

I read reviews of this place on TA and thought I wanted to check it out. After dinner at Blackbeards we drove down US1 a found it easily. We always stop at Dairy Queen when in NSB, but figured we can get that at home let's give a local place a try. We decided we would go later in the week when we weren't quite so full. We made it there around 8:45pm not knowing how late they would be open. They said until 10. We made sure to tell the girls working there that we had heard about BSR through trip advisor. Don't know if they knew what it was, but seemed happy that we were there. It's a quaint little place that not only serves ice cream and gellotto, but hot and cold sandwiches. I didn't look at everything, but they definetly served more than just ice cream. Their ice cream case was amazing. You could tell it was freshly made. Really different types. The Anniversary cake was unlike any ice cream I've seen. It was vanilla with chocolate cake throughout. They said it was there biggest seller. We all got carried away when we saw the poster that had all of their specialty sundaes. OMG they were really big, good and messy. $3.99 each. I was hoping to go back and just get a dip or two in a bowl so I could really get a better taste of just their ice cream, but there were only so many days in the week. We just couldn't make time to return. They have outdoor seating with plenty of picnic tables or some seats inside where there's a/c. If you're in the mood for some good ice cream give this place a try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal
“Best ice cream around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

This place is a must when you're visiting NSB. All the ice cream is homemade, the food is all freshly made and the prices are unbeatable.

Edgewater, FL
“worth the drive for me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

Started coming for the delicious ice cream, and now often stop for lunch, Reasonably priced & yummy hot dogs, chili dogs, and panini sandwiches. I love their Cuban sandwich, too. I've tried the Valerie smoothie, it was great. The ice cream is delish! I could never understand why the line's at dairy Queen (bleh) when this little gem is only a few more block north. It's about a 7 mile drive from my house, but I'll pass up the dairy queen anytime for Banana Split Republic!