“One night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seahorse Inn Beach Side

Seahorse Inn Beach Side
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Smyrna Beach
Seahorse Inn Beach Side
You added Seahorse Inn Beach Side to your Saves list
423 Flagler Avenue, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in New Smyrna Beach
Orlando, FL
“One night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

July 6, 2007

I guess it's all in what you want. If you stay at the Seahorse it's not for the room, no pool, no phone, no pets. It was clean and convenient. It's for it's location. Most people are there for the shops, beach and bars. I know we were. I don't mind going to the 7-11 for coffee and ice. I enjoyed our night there and will go again and again. I hate the big places and big prices. I hope the Seahorse never changes.
Sharon

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — A/C
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

Just stayed at the Seahorse Inn over June 29-July1 weekend. This is an old motel just off the beach (no views) that may suffice for an overnight but not so much for any length of time. The floor is old linoleum, a bit dinghy, and the walls are 'wood' paneling. Our bed linens were clean, the bathroom (shower only) was clean with some spots of missing grout in the shower stall. Had a mini-fridge that cooled but the ice trays never got solid in two days. The TV worked, didn't try the microwave. The air-conditioner (window unit style) was marginally effective at best. There was a dresser with 6 drawers and an open closet area with some hangers and a luggage rack in it. Also a small round table and two armchairs. There is not a coffeemaker for every room - we asked for one well in advance but didn't have one until the night clerk took one off another visitor's room (evidently they weren't using it). The day clerk suggested we go to the 7-11 for morning coffee. Room had an ice bucket but there is no ice machine on the premises (yes, you could go to 7-11 for ice, too). The night clerk was sweet enough to go empty her own personal ice trays from her apartment into my bucket.

There is a lack of hotels in the immediate area due to current building restrictions, and I read in the local newspaper that they were planning to change the restrictions from a limit of 24 rooms to 95 rooms, however any proposed new hotel construction will have to conform to some location restrictions, so I don't think there is going to be much competition for the Seahorse Inn anytime soon. I suppose I would somewhat unenthusiastically return here for a quick visit to NSB, as I'm not about to spend the $$$s required for the condo associations.

• Liked — proximity to Flagler Ave and to the condo where my friends were staying
  • Disliked — a bit dinghy, poor a/c, missing coffeemaker, overpriced
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
orlando florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2007

The Seahorse Inn is right at the beach on Flagler St, not on the beach but right there. Older 1940's circa MotorInn is how i would describe it. (You park in front of your room).

Very dated but very clean.

My wife and I were staying at the Holiday Inn and found this little gem and moved.

If you are looking for clean and affordable close to everything this is the place.

• Liked — price and cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Northville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2006

This little motel is nothng fancy, but a perfect place to spend time at the beach and roaming Flagler Av. It is a one story brick motel from the 40's, I think. The rooms are simple, but very clean. It has a great charm about it. The staff is so friendly and we had a great time chatting with them and the many regular guests. If you are looking for a resort, this is not for you. But if you are looking for a cute, no frills place, right on the beach...go for it. We paid 85 a night with taxes and fees.

Beautiful sandy beach is within a 100 meters as well as great shops and restaurants. We recommend The Beacon. The staff makes you feel at home, food is great, good prices, and very clean. It is a local favorite. There are great shops with staff who are happy to give you any information about the town and its history.

Been to Seahorse Inn Beach Side? Share your experiences!