“Still Going Strong” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: New Smyrna's oldest and most award winning restaurant. Established in 1946 and has been a landmark destination ever since. Wine spectator Best of Award of excellence since 1993. Florida Trend magazines top 200 for more than 15 years. Great seafood and Angus beef.
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Still Going Strong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Norwoods for years. We especially love their wine festival in December. This is a great place to eat with very reasonable prices. I usually get the two lobster dinner and she enjoys the bone in NY strip. Try this place you won't be disappointed.

Winter Springs, Florida
“Very Good Food and a Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were staying in New Smyrna for the weekend and wanted seafood, so I searched TripAdvisor and found Norwoods to be the highest rated seafood restaurant near us. We had about a 15 minute wait which wasn't too bad for a Saturday night around 8:00. We had a drink at the bar while we waited. Once seated the service was prompt. We had a Seared Sesame Tuna appetizer which was good. My wife ordered the Hog Snapper, Mediterranean style and she loved it. I had the 2 Maine Lobster special which was only $26 for 2 whole lobsters that were about 1-1/4 lbs each. It was also very good. We capped our dinner off with a lava cake for dessert. The menu had a great variety, and if we're in the area I would certainly go back to try some different things.

Visited October 2013
Covington
“Always on Our List”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Norwoods is always on our list of restaurants to visit when we are in the New
Smyrna Beach area. Last night my husband had fried oysters and said the breading was a little heavy and very salty, but still a good choice. I had fried fish tacos which were delicious. The touch of pineapple was superb. A side salad was $2 and more than worth that price. My husband had his usual gumbo which he said was delicious as always. Beautiful location and excellent service!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The only bad thing about eating at this restaurant was that we ate there the last night of our vacation. Wonderful food, awesome service by our waitress Lollie. The recommendations she gave were right on. And then.........dessert oh my homemade Carmel ice cream, lava cake and white macadamia mousse was wonderful. Wish we would have gone there a little earlier in the week. Highly, highly recommend!!

Apopka, Florida, United States
“Fantastic early bird and even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have had the pleasure of renting a beach condo for most of the last two weeks. Not much for cooking we have tried most of the local restaurants. We keep going back and back and back to Norwoods for Happy Hour (11:30am to 6pm, needs to be 7pm) at the bar. They have an impressive list of Appetizers and believe me we tried them all and have not been disappointed in any of them. The unbelievable thing is that all the apps during the times above are 1/2 price and this is every day of the week. Along with the drink specials it is impossible to beat.

Our service has been wonderful! From Brandy, April, Jackie to Richard and Dennis, everyone has been just great. I would recommend them and Norwoods to anyone who wants a good meal and great experience. It has been our go to place for the two weeks we have been here and we will come back.