“I wish I could rate it a zero” 1 of 5 stars

+1 386-426-2080
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Description: Flagler Tavern has been a must-visit destination for locals, families, beach-goers and music lovers since 1928. Nestled amongst picturesque Flagler Avenue in New Smyrna Beach, our iconic beach house is the ultimate location, offering something for everyone.
“I wish I could rate it a zero”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to this restaurant while on vacation last week. I have NEVER been treated with such disrespect. The waitress Heidi is the unhappiest person I have been around in a very long time. The whole dining experience was a nightmare from the start. Words cannot explain how disrespectful and flat out rude Heidi was. The unbelievable evening experience leaves me to warn others to not visit this establishment.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

“Nightmare--We should have left before ordering”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was with Randy R and 9 other family members on July 4 at the Flagler Tavern. The menus were thrown at us. The waitress stomped back and forth all night....the floor shook. We were treated like trash. In reading several of the other reviews on this place, we aren't the only people who think that the service is horrible. It took 2 hours for a fish sandwich. The waitress blamed the kitchen. We were the only people in the restaurant. We should have gone to Captain Ds. Our orders were messed up and the waitress got mad at us. Of course, we were charged 18% gratuity. At the end of this fiasco, one of our party wanted to talk to the manager and contest the mandatory tip. We went back into the restaurant and were confronted by our "waitress". She told us that the restaurant was closed. She then asked us if we were "going to hit her". She then called my friend a bad name. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it myself.
We are the most docile, easy to please people in the world. This was ridiculous. I work too hard to be treated like this. There are better restaurants in NSB to spend your money. Bad...bad...bad...Never again.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great for People Watching”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have not eaten here yet, but sitting on the balcony, enjoying a cold one and people watching on Flagler Ave. is great.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando
“Terrible experience...rude, classless and ignorant staff..beware!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've never been treated so poorly or spoken to more rudely than I was by the door guy and staff at Flagler Tavern!! I am legally disabled and have a certified service dog who goes pretty much everywhere with me. Over the July 4th weekend he accompanied me and my friends to Flagler Tavern. The door guy let all of my friends in ahead of me, and when I got to the door with my service animal he refused to let me in! He told me they don't allow animals in their establishment, and even after I pointed out the blue "service dog" vest my dog was wearing he told me he would not be allowing me in. I tried to argue my point and explain that legally my dog is allowed to accompany me into any "public accommodation", but this man (who by the way stood well over 6ft to my 5'3 petite frame) came literally inches from me and began trying to intimidate me and "heard" me out the door. I've never been so embarrassed nor have I ever been so blatantly disrespected by anyone. As I turned to leave, he added that he wasn't going to let me in just because I claim to have a certified service dog. I told him I had my dog's ID badge and paperwork (although by federal law I don't have to provide it) but when I pulled it out he refused to even look at it and told me it wasn't enough. Said the burden of proof lies on me to prove to him that I'm disabled!! I will NEVER return to this establishment again and I want everyone to be aware that they apparently think its okay to degrade, debase and talk down to their customers. You're definitely better off going to one of the many other, classier bars or restaurants in the area!!! Stay away!!

New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
“Worst ever experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was so bad, and right from the start, we thought there had to be a hidden camera and we were on one of those practical joke shows. To our horror, we found it was real. Our waitres, Heidi, was rude, curt, annoyed and in short, the worst waitress I've ever seen. By far! She caused Flagler Tavern to lose any future business from our entire family. Don't go there unless you don't care how the wait staff treats you.

Visited July 2013