“Fried Seafood Delight” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Ontario
“Fried Seafood Delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Went for lunch with my teenage daughter who is a novice seafood eater and she left a believer! She LOVED her Grouper sandwich while I was in heaven with my fried oyster sandwich. Went back a couple days later for a repeat! No atmosphere and they really could use a cleaner to do something about their washrooms.......The other thing that disappointed me was that the fish counter doesn't sell local fish!

Visited July 2012

New Smyrna Beach
“Great fish sandwiches and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Oceans Seafood is both a restaurant and a seafood market. In the restaurant, try the fish sandwiches. In the market, go for the smoked mullet (or smoked anything) if they've got it. All the other fish and shrimp are fresh too. In the frozen food freezer, try the duck breasts. Take home and marinate for a day or so in olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice. Then, wipe off marinade and grill. You'll be amazed at the taste and want to do it again. Duck breasts are pricey but worth it now and then.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Smyrna Beach, FL
“Takes me back to the days of my youth ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a fairly small restaurant on the beachside with a similar parking lot. Wife and I went for dinner on Tuesday evening, not too crowded. There are about 12 tables and also a retail seafood market. First thing I noticed was there are no waitresses. I went up to the counter where they have a single sheet menu, black & white. I guessed that's also where you order since there weren't any signs.

We split a "Beachside Combo", which is shrimp, scallops and fish of the day. You can get it fried, blackened, broiled or grilled. The drinks are self-serve -- water, soda or tea. The combo was $14.79. Also available are various seafood dinners (with 2 sides), shrimp, chicken fish and clam baskets. Similar sandwiches are available. Sandwiches and basket range generally from $6 to $8.

I got our fried combo with fries and cole slaw. The dinner was delivered in a large styrofoam "to go" box with an additional small box full of fries. I guess if you're going to split a dinner, you better bring a couple of paper plates along (although I did notice they have some small flat styrofoam trays.)

As far as the food itself, the scallops were huge, silver dollar round and an inch thick. Fish of the day was swordfish - plenty of it; And of course 5 or 6 shrimp. I was not impressed with the batter they used as it fell off the scallops. The scallops were "melt in your mouth" (not much substance) but not a lot of flavor. I found the shrimp okay, but my wife thought they were over-cooked. The slaw and fries were unremarkable. All in all, there was enough to eat, but we were underwhelmed with the taste and flavor. If we go back again, I'll call ahead to see what the fish of the day is.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Quick and simple”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The seafood was fresh and delicious. You order and pay ahead of time and they bring the food out to you. This is a come as you are restaurant. They serve the food in styrofoam containers in case you want to take anything left over with you. An inexpensive place to get seafood. A sort of fast food seafood spot. The salmon which was delicious and the even serve burgers for those in your group who don't care for seafood.

Titusville, Florida
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We first ate there about a year ago and the seafood is extra fresh each time. Large variety of menu items with many dips and salads available too. I usually take a cooler and pick up some items from the seafood case to take home. The prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly.

You can't go wrong at Oceans Seafood!

• Visited June 2012