“Another one bites the dust ...” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
New Smyrna Beach, FL
“Another one bites the dust ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Don't bother going here. I thought this was going to be pretty good, but never got there. Must not have been very good. This restaurant is: CLOSED.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Awesome, interesting food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place is a tiny bit pricey but well worth it. The atmosphere is super fun, with TVs, a sushi bar, a lounge, a regular bar, and outdoor area. It's very hip and has a surfing theme. There is fun music and cute wait staff. The food is EXCELLENT and great portioned. They really try hard to be different and succeed with innovative meals and things that you think might not go together, but works! I can't wait to go back and try something new. Their conch corn chowder is INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS, go for the bowl. I've even just ordered it to go (huge portions there too)! Highly recommended, for the food, experience, and atmosphere.

Visited March 2012
“EAT DRINK PLAY AND REPEAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I decided to come back to JJ fins one more time and I was very pleased with the changes. The menu has been revised and the staff has been polished to better their profession. I was very happy that I came back and every thing was better. A new menu and better staff. Excellent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
“Wasn't Impressed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Not your typical bar food, the menu was impressive, however the descriptions and the actual product were not what we got. When you order a Bruscetta Flatbread with fresh tomato, basil and gouda cheese, with balsamic drizzle that's what you expect. What we got was flatbread with pizza sauce, some kind of cheese, (may have been gouda) and what appeared to be canned diced tomato, sprinkled with basil flakes and no drizzle, all this for $9, a little overpriced I think. If we wanted pizza we would havle gone to a pizza place. The black and bleu burger was ok, however they used some type of cheese sauce as opposed to real bleu cheese, and the lettuce appeared wilted, usually burgers are served without the top on, so you can see what you got this was served together so you really couldn't see what you got. Overall, I would expect a waitress to be a little concerned when you order something and don't eat it, instead she asks if you want a box, really. Yes we took a box so we could show our son what this place calls bruscetta, (He cooks at an italian restaurtant), he thought it was a cheap pizza. Needless to say we won't be back too soon, or at all. I'm guessing after a few beverages anything would be acceptable.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Avoid this place place at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

What a horrible Mother's Day brunch. It should have been clue when we saw other patrons bringing their dogs into the resturant, but they went to the outside bar so we didn't give it a second thought. The waitress Kristina was incompetent and rude. She had a difficult time splitting a bill between two different families. When we pointed out her mistakes, she argued with us and then said "I guess, I'll change it." Our main courses were average but our sides were ice cold. My son ordered a medium well prime rib steak($15). It was raw and yes an argument insued with our wonderful waitress. Don't waste your time or money at this place and Kristina get a new profession.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere