let's just say I did have a good time.
I arrived to the hotel late in the evening and proceded to check-in without a hitch. The reception staff was very receptive and helpful. She was as much interested in where I arrived from as I was to see where I had arrived.
She checked me in and I went to my room. The room was the closest to the reception area than any room I have ever had at any hotel. The good news was I could not here any of the noise outside. The bad news was the room smelled like smoke. I immediately went to the front desk as it really was so close and asked if there was anything to freshen up the room. She told me that it most likely smelled the way it did, because it had been closed up all day. She also was able to provide me with a kind of generic Febreze, which was nice.....after spraying the whole room, its belongings and pushing open the window and sliding glass door the room began to smell better and feel more comfortable.
In the morning, I proceded to go out by the pool and have fresh coffee and donuts. The refreshments were complimentary, however out of respect for any other guests....one coffee and one donut was not quite enough. Please do not get me the wrong way. There was not a limitation to how much you could have, however I did not want to look like a pig. Since we are on the food subject, most evenings the "resort" did serve samples of dinner which may get you a bit full. And, if you still are hungry.....I recommend the bbq restaurant just out the front of the hotel to the right. It is about a block or two (2 minute drive, 10 - 15 min walk).
The beach is nice. It was very flat and you can walk forever if you like.
It was not the best hotel in the world, but far from the worst. I would return if I am in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Beach Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- Coconut Palms Beach Hotel
- Coconut Palms
- Hotel Coconut Palms Beach
- Coconut Palms Beach Resort
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Coconut Palms Beach Resort 2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.