“Andre's German Food” 5 of 5 stars

Description: German Executive Chef Andreas Thon
Daytona Beach FL area
“Andre's German Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Chef Andres offers a wide variety of authentic German food that is tasty and at a good value. The desserts are especially good.

Visited May 2013

New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I went there on a Saturday to pick up sandwiches to go. I told the lady behind the counter that I wanted a turkey and cheese sub with lettuce and tomato. She rudely informed me that they do not have "subs" and only sandwiches. Not sure why cause I saw plenty of french bread loaves that make great subs, so I said OK that's fine, I will have the sandwich. Then she informed me that they had no tomato. Really a DELI doesn't have them? When there is a grocery store right in the same shopping center, pretty sure they sell them. So at this point I said forget it, just give me my money back. So I went a few doors down to PJs (excellent by the way) and ordered 2 sandwiches to go, sitting there minding my own business when all of a sudden the girl from International Deli shows up at CJs and sticks her finger in my face and screams at the top of her lungs "YOU are the rudest b word I have ever met, NEVER come to my restaurant again." The whole place at PJs observed this - I couldn't believe she actually FOLLOWED me to another restaurant and made such a scene. So if you want that k ind of dinging experience go to International Deli.

Visited May 2013
US
“Excellent Schnitzel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I went with some friends last week for their Schnitzel night (Thursdays). The regular menu is available, but they also add four special schnitzels in both pork and veal to choose that are not on the menu the other nights. We all had different ones, and everyone was very pleased. I had the jaeger, with a brown sauce, and it was as good as any I had over in Germany. The potato pancakes are just okay, not crispy enough, and the beer selection, while small, has good beers. The atmosphere is more like a deli with tables, because that is what it is during the day. Service is quite good, and the waitress was friendly.Although I only rated it three stars, that is because of the atmosphere component and overall evaluation. If you are at NSB, I would strongly recommend trying it out (we will definitely go back again next year), and if you like schnitzel, go on Thursday nights. Reservations are needed that evening.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianhead Park Il
“great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Internation deli has excellent food. Any area would be lucky to have this place and in New Smyrna it is really exceptional. Good choices for sandwiches and other light lunches. Lots of food items to choose from that are imported and very good.

Visited February 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

While vacationing on New Smyrna Beach, a friend recommended we try this place. She said the schnitzel was amazing. When we arrived to this very small place, it was full and had a large group of 10 German people enjoying themselves. That was a good sign. The waitress was really hustling and the chef/owner was cooking and serving, but it all works well. And the only thing better than the Wiener schnitzel and spatzle is the freshly made pretzel rolls. WOW - the best you'll ever eat, I guarantee it.

• Visited March 2013