“That's Amore went above and beyond for my husband's party” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“That's Amore went above and beyond for my husband's party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Planning a surprise birthday party for my husband in New Smyrna Beach while I lived in Orlando was not an easy task. I purposely chose an "off" weekend and party times so that I would be able to find a restaurant willing to accommodate our needs. But, to my dismay, none of the 6 restaurants I called would allow me to reserve space even when I offered to give them a deposit. UNTIL I called That's Amore. Chad contacted me right away to discuss the food and drink, and, most importantly, he wanted to know how he could make the day special for my husband. They worked within my budget and provided 3 appetizer options, 2 salad options, a meat and vegetarian option and bottles of red and white wine. Everything was served family style. A few guests show up late and our head server, Cheryl, made sure they had their appetizers and salads. Cheryl was INCREDIBLE. She managed a team of servers and made sure all of our needs were addressed and was always respectful of all the guests. Thanks to Chad and Cheryl, my husband had the best surprise party ever!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Dean Martin would be proud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great food and great suggestions by the waitstaff. Best Sangue de Giuda around. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is the size of the portions. They could be bigger and with more side options.

Pinellas Park, Florida
“I’m in love with the service, and the food’s pretty good too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I walked from the Hampton Inn where the manager told me I should eat here after asking where I should go that I shouldn't miss as I was only in town 1 night.

I sat on the patio at a deuce by the door. It was 5:4pm on a Tuesday night.the breeze was wonderful (they have ceiling fans not on or needed) I was wearing shorts and a casual shirt with flip flops, no problem.

Travis was my server for the meal. Wireless is weak but secure with an offered password. The warm bread was immediately offered with a plate of oil, light spice and too much balsamic. The bread isn't covered so it gets cold quick.

I ordered a caprese salad. It was quite large but nicely done. It had a decent amount of almost ripe tomatoes and fresh greens with pieces of mozzarella as large as the plum tomatoes and I washed it down with an ice cold Stella with a frosty glass while Frank Sinatra and 50's music played in the background for my ears and kids on skateboards frolicked in the park across the street for my eyes.

The Entree arrived with great timing and looked wonderful. I ordered the special of the day which was mahi mahi, with angel air, rock shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes and capers. The fish was a about a 5oz portion. It had good flavor and was not at all fishy. The pasta was cooked correctly. The sundried tomatoes, capers and limited broth were meh, it actually tasted a bit removed, like each component was cooked individually then presented. The shrimp were a joke. They were not cleaned, still in the shell, and they smelled like "fish". There were only 4 of them. I did make an attempt to clean then with my fingers and try them with the dish but I decided against it after trying a bite of one.

For dessert I tried the cannoli which is made in house like the tiramisu (I don't care for coffee so it was out). It is a large chocolate chip cannoli with a great delicate crust and the right amount of filling to satisfy any sweet tooth.

Overall, even though the entree was a disappointment, I would still recommend this restaurant based on two things. First, the staff, who were very friendly, even the young chap who bussed, seemed genuinely concerned with my needs and of course, the service with Travis was genuine, caring and professional, behavior quite welcome in this day and age! Oh, and they are dog friendly on the patio!
The second reason is actually the food. Little things like; too much balsamic, covering the bread when you bring it out and cleaning and peeling the shrimp can be easily fixed.

So if you happen to find yourself in the mood for Italian while visiting this area check this place out.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Awesome eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I saw That's Amore and decided to eat there with my wife. We had a great waitress. She was excellent. She got the order right and I don't do garlic. I asked that it be free of garlic. She made sure it was to my liking. The food was great and an ample amount. So if you want a good meal for a great price. Go to That's Amore. You will be satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Smyrna Beach
“Better Italian In the area than this one”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Tried this one out a couple weeks ago, long wait for food, no happy hour, and a little expensive for the quality of food served. Just go across the street if you want real quality.

• 2 of 5 stars Food