Just to familiarise you with the location of the complex, and it's nearness to the beach:
1. The beach itself.
2. A row of condos, immediately adjacent to the beach.
3. South Atlantic Avenue; a wide road with center median.
4. The Oceanwalk Complex.
I have included some photos to give you an idea of the distance of the complex from the actual beach.
I rented a 3rd floor condo in Building 11 at the Oceanwalk Condo Complex, from April 26th 2010 for 10 nights.
There are about 16 condo blocks in the complex; they are not all in line, they're at various angles to each other; so I would say that Building 11 is the third row back from South Atlantic Avenue.
This meant for me, about a 10 minute stroll from leaving the condo to reaching the beach; younger or fitter people I'm sure could make the trip in half the time! That may present a problem if you want to take a lot of gear with you down to the beach.
I did, however, see some people with some kind of 2-wheeled beach cart, that they used to take all their gear to the beach.
But I don't know if these carts are generally available to the condo renters.
The condo itself was of excellent specification; nicely furnished, comfortable beds, LCD TV's, full kitchen applicances, air-con, balcony, etc.
A real home from home!
The condo itself seemed to be well insulated, so I heard no noise at all from the neighbors.
You may experience noise, however, from the condo block facing yours (people talking noisily, shouting, from their balconies, etc.) if you have your balcony doors open; the sound seems to be contained and reverberates between the blocks.
There are 2 Rec Buildings; this is where the heated swimming pools, gym rooms, etc. are located.
There is also free wi-fi available in the 2 buildings.
The complex itself was very clean and tidy, the gardens well kept; there are even dog-bag dispensers for people who have dogs on the complex.
I suppose you could call the complex a gated community; there are 2 entrances - North and South Gate - you need to have either a remote or the access code for the keypad to enter the complex.
Once inside the complex, there is yet another remote that opens the shutter to your building's parking garage.
Elevator/stairs to all floors.
All in all, I was very pleased with my choice of condo; I would not hesitate in staying here again, and I recommend the Oceanwalk Condo Complex to you!
- Also Known As:
- Oceanwalk Condominiums Hotel
- Oceanwalk Condominiums Hotel New Smyrna Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanwalk Condominiums, located on the south beach area of New Smyrna Beach, Florida, offers its residents and guests an unparalleled experience. Our beautiful, state-of-the-art complex faces the Atlantic Ocean and is centrally located to provide easy access to the area's shopping, dining, golfing, boating, recreational and nature activities, and much more. New Smyrna Beach is the nearest beach to the world famous attractions such as Walt Disney World, Sea World, Epcot Center, and Universal Studios. These popular Florida family vacation spots are an easy one hour and 15-minute drive from New Smyrna Beach. Daytona Beach, with it's exciting night life, great shopping, motor sports, and motorcycle activities is just a short drive north. Oceanwalk Condominiums features modern, spacious rooms in a variety of floor plans - one which is sure to be perfect for you and your family's lifestyle. Our luxurious condominiums feature spacious master bedrooms, guest bedrooms, master bathroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, and more. Each condominium building has common elevated sun decks on the first floor level and a rooftop observation deck. Oceanwalk Condominiums also offers a gated entrance, covered parking in secured gated garage, walking access to the nearby beach, and easy access to the Nature Walk. ... more less