“Don't book it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6826 US 19 North, New Port Richey, FL 34652-1743 (Formerly Econo Lodge Gateway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in New Port Richey
Trinity, Florida
“Don't book it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Like an earlier review, i too had the unfortunate opportunity to meet the longer term tenants when i was unloading my car. I told them i didn't have beer and quickly decided my girls needed to lock the doors when i wasn't in the room. This wasn't a one-night motel for most of the people who stayed there. The grounds were nice, looked like it was recently rehab'd but we didn't enjoy it as we kept to our room. Also worthy to note, if you are towing anything....you wont find parking or an easy entrance/exit due to the one parking exit. The room was ok, tile floor which was the best feature, loud bathroom fan and a bar fridge that didn't get cold. We ended up moving to the Quality Inn across the street for our next night. Check in took way too long....i was the only one in the lobby but it still took them 15 minutes to get a key. Lobby associate needed training but was solo.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Have stayed here 3 times in past years as I head South. New management this year...and they have upgraded rooms. My room at
$45.00 included new counter top with kitchen sink, microwave, refrigerator. Matching table and chairs
Great for extended stays. Pool area was lovely. Front desk staff were eager to help. I will definitely stay here again. A+.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I booked a room here for 1 night. Immediately when I got out of my car and walked to my room, I was met by a girl who asked me if I was "working" tonight. Then a few doors down were some guys smoking and drinking with the usual profanities. I immediately locked myself in my room and held my phone by me all night. The front desk is rude as the call you the next morning 15 minutes prior to check out time to make sure you leave, and to top it off the guy doesn't speak English well and gets frustrated with you if you can't understand him.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Room was OK, most service also OK. We had booked for a week. 7 motorcycles checked in at One AM, then left for food and returned at Two AM with the usual revving on and on. The room above us was occupied by people with a dog, that howled and whined while they were gone (mostly at night). We asked the young girl at the desk what were the quiet hours and complained about the dog. She screamed "If you don't like it, check out". No way to treat a paying guest even if you have PMS. Plus my wife woke up on three successive nights with bites and big welts-itching and burning. Can't say for sure bed bugs, but something. This area of US 19 has very little to offer for clean and safe motels at reasonable rates.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Not bad at all but I think it'll be a lot better when renovations are complete. My only complaint is that parking isn't so great and breakfast isn't allowed to be brought into the rooms. Pool area looks great. We'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!