“A hidden gem..... fresh food, great staff, fair prices” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Moncton, Canada
“A hidden gem..... fresh food, great staff, fair prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went there for lunch. The food was delicious, the portions great, the staff amazing. It is a true hidden gem since it is not easy to spot "on a drive by". I noticed a lot of regular customers there. The staff handled everybody with kindness and a smile. All food is prepared fresh. Try the Butternut Squash soup - you will go back for seconds.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Linda D, Owner at Grand Plaza Cafe, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Millie,
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We take great pride in the food we present.
We are glad you noticed how "fresh" everything is!

New Port Richey, Fl.
“A Gem in Trinity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten in many restaurants over the years and this one ranks right up there with the best. For lunch try the pastrami. It is piled so high, you'll have to get a doggie bag. The signature sandwich is also a favorite. For dinner, try the cheese and parsley with rapini. The owners are all over the restaurant to insure a great experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Linda D, Owner at Grand Plaza Cafe, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
W's pal,
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit at Grand Plaza Cafe. Thank you for taking the time to respond!
“Fatty Corned Beef!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I ordered the corned beef sandwich. It came out loaded with corned beef but when I looked at it and took the bread off the top it was also LOADED with fat, lots and lots of fat. I was shocked because that is supposed to be their specialty. I told the waiter, he said something like the stuff on my sandwich must have been cut from the end (?), he ageed that it was too much fat, and he went and got me another one. This one came out loaded with fat also (but not AS much). I really like lean corned beef, I understand that some fat is inevitable, but even the second sandwich was waaay too much fat. My family said that some people like the fat. I gave this place an average review (instead of my 1 star) because my family all enjoyed their food (they did not get corned beef). Maybe I hit it on a bad corned beef day, but I won't be going back to find out.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Odessa, Florida
“Mile High Corned Beef on Rye!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

You gotta go a long way from New Port Richie to get a better deli sandwich than they serve here. Corned Beef or Pastrami or a combination of the two which is my favorite--that way I don't have to choose!

We've probably eaten here 40-50 times since moving to the area three years ago and I think they ought to change the name. I just don't see this as a "cafe," which makes it sound like a coffee shop. It feels more like a comfortable "bistro" and the food is great from breakfast through dinner. We probably go for breakfast more than any other meal because my wife adores the quiches they serve. At dinner she raves over their crab cakes while I love the Linguini with white clam sauce. Mmmm.

The service is always friendly and attentive and the atmosphere warm and inviting. There's also a few outside tables where we sometimes use for breakfast when we have our dog with us. Great place; highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
home
“Great sandwiches!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Really the best deli sandwiches around. High quality corned beef, pastrami, and fabulous marbled rye bread. Just like I used to get in the garment district in L.A.

Visited July 2012