“Hiking & Biking” 5 of 5 stars

florida
7 attraction reviews
“Hiking & Biking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A great place with many hiking and biking paths. Near parking lots are busy, but it's easy to hike out & have the park to yourself. There are well maintained hiking trails and maps with a variety of habitats and some unique sights. Parts have camping and horse trails.

Visited January 2013

Harbor Bluffs, Fl
19 attraction reviews
“Roomy camping sites.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

These are expansive flatlands, typical Florida. That makes rather unchallenging hiking unless you go in the summer to practice surviving the heat. Decent birding and very good camping sites.

New Port Richey, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“very nice,well kept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very pretty park, very big, perfect for the family, hiking,camping, swimming, its all there! They have things going on all year,all the time! Nature watching is fun, you can sometimes sit and wait for the deer to come out..Christmas card lane is so nice drivethru lights set up in the cabin area..just a nice place to be.

Visited December 2012
Concord NH
26 attraction reviews
“Great place to ride your bike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We love to come here and ride our bikes and have a picnic - a wonderful park. Saw some sand turtles too!

Visited May 2012
11 attraction reviews
“Great place for a run, jog, or bike ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

While training for my half marathon I found it hard to run 13 miles around my neighborhood. This park has a long straight path through the wilderness that you can run/jog/bike to your hearts content. It goes for miles. As many times as I used this trail I have only seen one armadillo and I think it was more scared than I was, lol. Although, I do occasionally have the feeling of being watched (like by a bobcat) so bring your mace if you have it. The jog around the park is nice too and there are a couple of smaller trails. It does cost $2.00 to park but you can buy a yearly pass. I only go about once a week so the price doesn't bother me. I try to stop a car coming in and give them my parking pass so they don't have to pay. I don't usually let my kids go to the playground because they get so dirty from it. But, the playground is pretty huge and there is a handicap playground and swing too. They also have a large field that is nice for the kids to run around or play football. They also have pavillions with grills and I believe they also have a nature center.

Visited October 2012