“5 times- all good” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 179 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Greek
Description: Open for breakfast and lunch only.
Description: Open for breakfast and lunch only.
Sarasota, Florida
“5 times- all good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I generally come in 1-2 times per week. The owner has always been cordial and the the younger family members that work there (hisband and wife) have also always been attentive and friendly.
I have always ordered breakfast and they cooked it as exactily as ordered. I have had one issue on most of my visits. That is the home fries have not been hot. It would have been a near perfect breakfast if they would just make sure the potatoes were hot when served.
The lunches that passed my table all looked very good whether salads or sandwiches and I hope to try some soon. The owners appear to care about the cleanliness and service and thats very important. When I visit a restaurant that looks dirty and the owners ignore the dirt and don't care about service then I never go back. Is it knock you socks off amazing? I would say no but its been good, good menu, as well as reliable and clean. I will keep going to Madison as I am very satisfied.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Port Richey, Florida
“The Madison is consistently good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I noticed the horrible review on here, and was surprised that it was allowed to go up with such childish insults and blatant lies. Let me tell you a little secret - Tom (and many other restaurant owners in the area) is the type of guy that doesn't suffer fools lightly. I'm talking about people that come in with the intention to complain and get something free, people that make a giant mess and pass that off as part of the waitstaff's job to clean excessive messes, etc.

Workers at restaurants aren't your personal servants, and should be treated with respect.

The customer ISN'T always right - especially in cases where they abuse the privilege of eating in a nice restaurant. These restaurant owners have no problem directing you to the exit if you are one of these types of people, and I applaud them!

NOTHING ruins a good meal like some whiner that is obviously looking for a freebie. We are all PAYING customers, and you have to pay as well. Grow up and take responsibility for yourself. It's embarrassing to see grown adults play this childish game and honestly expect everyone to swallow it.

NOW, on to the review of this wonderful restaurant!

We go to the Madison at least twice a week. While there, we see the owners of several local restaurants dining there (that should tell you something!)

I prefer a place where you can get anything on the menu, no matter what time it is. The Madison is just such a place.

Tom, the owner, is from Greece and always greets you with a smile. Once you come in a few times he'll tell you "you're late!" if you're later than usual. I caught him one day - we were already seated, and he came in and I said "you're late!". He jokes with the customers and waitstaff and is a cordial host.

We have not found a single item on the menu to be less than satisfying - From the Monte Christo sandwich (which would feed 2 people), to the Tom's special platter (tasty chicken with greek salad), to the crunchy Cuban sandwich - it's always top quality and tasty.

We usually arrive before 10AM with our 3 year old. He's usually hungry so we have an 'emergency egg' that we have delivered to him within a couple of minutes. Lately we have been stuck on getting the Tom's special platter because it is such a flavorful and filling choice. Tasty grilled seasoned chicken with a greek salad and fries or rice. The rice is really good to take home as another meal (with some chicken) for our toddler.

The entire restaurant is in excellent condition - I can't name a cleaner place with such comfortable decor. The booths are in excellent condition (not all ripped up), the restrooms are tiled and spotless, the kitchen is in view through the pass-through window where the cooks pass the food to the waitstaff. Everything is clean and orderly.

The only downside to the Madison is that they are only open for breakfast and lunchtime. Still, it makes you appreciate it more when you open the door and are greeted by the friendly staff, Sit at your usual table (if it's open, of course!), and order something guaranteed good off of the menu.

You will enjoy your meal here, and if you're local, you'll probably be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Port Richey, Florida
“Friendly place with variety of choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The owner, Tommy, greets you in New York style. Since we are now regulars, I love his sarcastic humor as he banters back and forth with customers, making them laugh and feel welcome. They only serve breakfast and lunch but offer an interesting variety of meals. My husband enjoys the omelettes while I enjoy the eggs with bacon. I think they have the best bacon in the area, made fresh, not that gummy premade bacon at most places. Lunches are also tasty. I've had the Pancho Villa wrap, chicken with grilled onions and peppers and really liked it. Burgers and sandwiches are also a great choice. Everything we've eaten there has been fresh and comes hot to the table since he has an attentive wait staff. They also offer daily specials that are a good value. I would gladly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Fantastic Food and You Are Treated Like Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

If you are ever in or traveling through New Port Richey, don't miss out on breakfast or lunch at Madison Restaurant. Owner Tom greets everyone with a smile. Great food, great service. The staff is wonderful. The French Toast, Banana Pancakes and Tuna Melts are delicious. This is a gem!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Greek food?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice clean place and very busy that seems to be a good sign. The inside was clean and bright and we were ushered to a table quickly. The waitstaff was also quick and attentive. I ordered a greek salad and realized it did not come with potato salad - that is extra. I have never had a greek salad without potato salad. The spinach pie was good. My husband had the philly cheese steak and he said it was average. Big steak cut french fries were good. The prices for what you get seem high. The owner who previous postings say he is so nice was loud and rather obnoxious.

• Visited July 2013