“Used a coupon for breakfast but won't return” 2 of 5 stars

6823 State Road 54, New Port Richey, FL 34653-6019
727-847-2900
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: Pnone: 727-867-2900 Serving Breakfast & lunch. Voted best breakfast in Pasco County.
Concord NH
“Used a coupon for breakfast but won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We will not return here as we felt it was lacking in the cleanliness area. Breakfast was good and quite reasonably-priced but the tablecloth was very sticky. Wait staff not friendly either.

“Good eggs and sausage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Although the place is older, the food is great. Nice people too. The owner greeted me and made me feel very welcome. I'll b back..

New Port Richey, Florida
“Home Cooking - No dishes to do.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Windmeal Inn is a cute little storefront in a Tudor-styled mall decorated with kitschy pictures, plaques and sayings. We found it through an online search of brunch places in New Port Richey. We were greeted by the owner, Cindi, with instructions to “sit wherever you like.” Coffee was served quickly, a rich brew served in large, hefty mugs, not those little diner cups. Three waitresses, and Cindi herself, all work together to make sure that no one waits for anything.

The Windmeal serves only breakfast and lunch. Prices are exceptionally reasonable, and, contrary to the adage, you get much more than you paid for. I had eggs Benedict. They were perfectly poached, the hollandaise was rich and creamy with just enough lemon. The hash browns were crispy and light. My partner had a mushroom and cheese omelet which was generously portioned and very tasty. The corned beef hash was excellent. I also saw some steak sandwiches being served to another table. They looked delicious.

Everyone is friendly. Definitely a family operation (one of the other waitresses is Cindi’s daughter) and I imagine her husband, Pete, is in the kitchen. Toward the end of our meal Cindi asked if we were new to the restaurant, told us a little more about it, and generally made us feel very comfortable while bragging just a bit about her business of which she every right to be proud.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Comfort food and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I frequent several restaurants in NPR for breakfast, the Windmeal is one of my top picks. My family has been eating there since Pete and Cindy opened the place. It's family run by people who care about what they're doing. You'll instantly feel very comfortable among the kitschy decor and home cooked goodness.
I've eaten my share of sad, dry, and uninspired omelettes. But the Windmeal does it right. My eggs are always plentiful and cooked beautifully with tasty fillings. They have fantastic home fries that are seasoned and just a little spicy. They are such a nice contrast to the bland chunks of potato you'll receive elsewhere. They also serve a nice cup of coffee. My husband loves the eggs benedict, home made chili, and every lunch sandwich he's ever touched. My children will eat their toast, sausage, and eggs at breakfast, which is no small feat. It's one of the few places that I feel comfortable bringing all 4 of my kids without stressing out.
The keep a cabinet of coloring books, crayons, and toys that the kids can pick from to keep them busy while their food is being prepared. It's such a fantastic idea, I'm surprised other places don't do the same.
If you're looking for a filling and tasty breakfast or lunch in a laid back atmosphere, the Windmeal is a great choice. They also do takeout orders if you're on the go and don't want to resort to drive thru. They cater to families, bikers, solo diners, church groups--pretty much anyone who appreciates comfort food.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, VA
“A true "down-home" eatery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We went there a couple times for breakfast -- everyone knows everyone else, the staff is friendly, and you get a real decent breakfast for a reasonable price. Over the past few years we've eaten breakfast there a number of times, and the food is always top-notch. A good value for the money, and it's convenient -- it's located in a small shopping plaza just off the main highway.

• Visited December 2011