“Great food, service and price.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Thai dinning served by Thai staff, an elegant traditional dinning experience. All dishes prepared by Thai chefs using the finest freshest ingredients, each meal is cooked from scratch too your exact taste. Hear soft Thai music in the background while you enjoy a video display showing Thailand and our culture.
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
“Great food, service and price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have never been to Thailand, but this seems as authentic as it can get, based on my research and friends who have been to Thailand. I found the food of great quality. The service was fast and polite. I return regularly and will continue visiting this restaurant. If you are in NPR ypou should eat there.

• Visited January 2014
dwoody62, Owner at Thai Bistro, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you and welcome to Thai cuisine, so glad your friends introduced you to our place and the Thai culture, my wife and I do our best to make the dinning experience authentic.
So happy you enjoyed it.

NPR
“Fresh, clean, flavorful. Oh yeah...good price too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

See title. Not much else to say except this is a destination restaurant. Good price, great food, an awesome place to for a quiet quality meal.

• Visited August 2013
dwoody62, Owner at Thai Bistro, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your review, it really means a lot too hear such nice things about our place and know our efforts are appreciated, thank you again.
Dave and chawanluck
New Port Richey, Florida
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I never knew I liked Thai food... until I went to Thi Bistro. One meal and I was hooked. The food is amazing, the wait staff is attentive, and the authentic decor makes you forget you're in New Port Richey! Every time my family and I eat there, we plan our next visit before we even leave. If you haven't tried Thai Bistro, you're missing out.

• Visited February 2014
dwoody62, Owner at Thai Bistro, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your review.
Its always nice to see someone try our Thai food for the first time and learn how delicious it can be.
Some people may be afraid that its to exotic but really not, and as you found out everything is fresh and home made, we never use food services like the franchises.
Dave and Chawanluck
“Good food but a bit pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

As the title says, good food but a bit pricey for the area. Also, the pad Thai had maybe 4 shrimp in it. More meat would definately be needed!! Our servers were excellent but it took over 30 minutes to get our food. If you have kids, you know that's a recipe for disaster. Speaking of kids, I wouldn't even recommend bringing them here. We were the only ones under 60 and I got quite a few "looks" from the other patrons bc my children were a little too happy, I suppose.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dwoody62, Owner at Thai Bistro, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your review.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Not worth a top rank”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the positives. The servers were very friendly. The beer was cold. But honestly beyond that, it was just very mediocre Thai food. The appetizer sampler platter was all fried foods, and they had clearly been "pre-fried" and sort of re-heated. The entrees had cloyingly sweet sauces, some chopped veggie pieces were huge and generally not much flavor. The place smelled of fried foods and the decor was pretty dated. All of which would be OK if the food was better.

Visited January 2014
dwoody62, Owner at Thai Bistro, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for bringing you recent visit to our attention.
My wife and I always try our very best too offer a nice dinning experience.
We offer many appetizers that are not fried and perhaps more to your liking.
My apologies that you found our decor "dated", we hired craftsman from Thailand to hand carve a replica of a thai courtyard, I realize its not very trendy but most people seem to enjoy the culture.
I will pass your concerns along to my loving wife, and we again apologize that you did not enjoy you meal.
Perhaps you would like to try something more traditional like Thai curry, it is very tasty and healthy, and at lunch the meal includes a nice salad and soup, I hope sometime you will try us again.
Take care