“Short comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Michigan
“Short comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room was very nice and clean. I did not care for the small pillows but otherwise I was satisfied. We only slept there 2 nights. It was quiet and a good location for visiting family.
The carpet could use to be replaced but it was not an issue. They supplied all the basic needs like shampoo and coffee.
the lobby was very nice. I would stay here again but probably will not visit the area again. It was a good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey. We are so pleased that you found our rooms to be a good value with all of the needed basic amenities. We are currently working to upgrade the rooms including the carpet, which you mentioned. We truly appriciate your comments and hope that if you do ever get the chance to come back, that you will be surprised by the progress in improvements to the hotel. Thank you.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've never met so many people who loved their job so much! From the front desk to the maintenance people, I felt genuine warmth, welcome and dedication to excellent service.

I'm very happy to see the hotel is getting a facelift. Even though there was a lot of painting and upgrading going on, it didn't inconvenience me at all. I look forward to my next trip.

Hugs to all at Quality Inn New Port Richey.

Room Tip: The rooms off the courtyard are the nicest experience if you are traveling alone or have a family. T...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Wende, thank you so much for your recommendation of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey! Our staff are a hardworking but easygoing group. They understand that there are always challenges that come along but they take it in stride and try to make sure every guest leaves happy. We are pleased that our renovation projects did not disrupt your stay. We have been working diligently to try to improve the hotel and we hope that next time you return to the area, you will be pleasantly surprised by all that has been done. Thank you!
Destin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very nice pool and spa area if warm. Room 100 has an old loud ac unit. I switched to another room with newer quite ac unit. Room 104 was a handicap room. Why they gave me that one, I don't know, but ok. When walking in you smell a musty smell. When walking toward the bathroom the smell goes away. I also rented room 102 for a friend, he said it was fine. All staff were friendly. I looked into the bar twice and no one there. (But it was a Wednesday)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were not able to use the pool on your visit. It is heated so you can swim year round but some guests just choose to soak in the hot tub instead. Our staff will fix the A/C unit in your first room. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.
Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here based on the price. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They have a restaurant on premises with reasonable prices although we did not eat there. We also did not use the pool or hot tub. The bed was comfortable and the a/c was cold. Old carpet, old bathroom.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Arlene, thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be a good value and that you enjoyed the comfy bed, friendly staff, and cold A/C. We are still working to update more in-room features and are slated to replace carpet in most of our rooms by the end of the year. We are sorry that we could not meet all of your expectations at this time but hopefully you will return after our renovations are complete to enjoy the finished rooms. Thanks,
Conway, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay in New Port Richey as we were attending a memorial service for my brother in law. We were very impressed with the hotel staff and the quality of treatment we received. We especially enjoyed the breakfast and the service we received by Terri our waitress. She answer any question about the area and spoke very positive about the hotel. Thank you Quality Inn and we will recommend you ion the future. Mitch

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Micth, thank you for your compliments to our Quality Inn hotel of New Port Richey. I am sorry that you had to visit the area under such somber circumstances but am pleased that our staff could help to make the trip a smooth experience. We hope that you get to return to the area for better reasons on a future date so that you can explore the many great attractions around New Port Richey.
Silicon Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've been staying at this Quality Inn for just about 10 years now, when visiting my dad who lives nearby. It's been a good price for a decent room. They've recently taken down at least some of the odd plywood 'closets' that had been built sticking out of the wall, the room I stayed in this trip (late October 2013) had a new flat-screen HD TV, all of the lighting fixtures worked, and they've changed their cleaning products to less toxic varieties.

As I was checking out, I mentioned that while the HD TV was nice, I would have preferred that they went next door to Bob's Carpets and used the TV money to replace the carpets. They're truly awful; so awful, that I refuse to go barefoot around the room. The nice lady at the front desk (Judy, I think) said that starting very soon, they will be replacing the carpets in 52 of their rooms. If you go in the next few months, make sure you request a newly carpeted room.

As others have mentioned, there are nowhere near enough electrical outlets, and those that are in the room are not convenient to anywhere you might need one. I wound up plugging in my hand-helds at the bathroom sink (after unplugging the hair dryer) since those were the only 2 outlets I could reach without rearranging the room furniture.

Around 10:30 PM my last night in the room, I heard incredibly loud music coming from the pool/bar area. I thought it was some karaoke event at the bar, but when I called the front desk to ask about it, the clerk assured me that the bar was quiet; it must have been some guests blasting their tunes. She must have taken care of it, because within 5 minutes, the music was gone. Great customer service.

So, pros: All the staff are nice and professional, the rooms are clean, the wi-fi is free and reliable, the hotel is well-priced, and very convenient. Cons: The rugs (soon to be fixed in 52 rooms), electrical outlets, and the restaurant (oy, the restaurant... stay away... just... stay away).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with newly-replaced carpet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
MK, thank you for your review. In the past year that our hotel has been under the new management, we have made may changes (including the flat screen TVs that you mentioned). We are currently working on the carpets (but they take longer to install than TVs). We are also aiming to add charging stations on the bedside stand by January so that guests can have all the outlets needed to charge their many devices. We understand that the hotel has many areas for improvement but we are working diligently to chip away at our to-do list and provide the best value possible to our guests. We hope that you come back again in a few months and can see the new changes that will be in place by then. Thank you again.
Panama City Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a really nice hotel and very comfortable. The one and only complaint my husband and I had is there are no where near enough electrical outlets. The flat screen tv has a plug that only works on the top part of it's outlet and the plug is so big you cannot plug anything else in. So no computer or the lamp by the desk is not able to be used. The only other feasible outlet is behind the easy chair. There is really nowhere we could recharge our cell phones except by the sink--not a great place. Underneath the vanity is an outlet but is impossible to reach without getting on your knees. We moved the ottoman by the tv and I would think it has never been moved for cleaning--underneath it was dirt and what looked like little bits of either food or trash. The bedside lamps spark when turned on. Otherwise our stay was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments. As you mentioned, people today have many deceives to plug in and having handy outlets is a must. We are in the process of purchasing nightstand charging stations with spots for both three-prog plugs and USB charging slots. We are hoping to have these all installed within the next few months. We hope that you can return someday and try them out. Thank you!

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!