“I love this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brooksville, Florida
“I love this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stay here a lot. I love the suites and the pool and hot tub. The only things are I always have to ask for more towels only 2 left in room for 4 people and they run out at the pool and don't put more out until the next day. And I request extra pillows when I make the reservation and have to call the front desk after I get to the room. I always reserve the same suite so they should know to put the extra pillows in the room. The pool is very nice at night. I like the lighting inside the pool.

Room Tip: The suites aren't that much more than a poolside room and they are really nice and twice the siz...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing with others the good experiences that you have had at our Quality Inn of New Port Richey. I apologize for the issue with the towels request not being communicated. I have asked our hotel management to look into it so that this will not happen again. The lighting in the pool that you mentioned is LED lighting and we are pleased to be including this green technology throughout various parts of the hotel to support our green goals. Thank you again!

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Stafford, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel has been renovated at some point but still has the look and feel of an old style hotel. Rooms were quiet and clean. The suite setup worked perfectly for us. We honestly did not spend much time at the hotel except to sleep and shower. The pool looked very nice but we never had a chance to enjoy.

Room Tip: Choose the suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Byron, thank you for your compliments for our Quality Inn of New Port Richey. We did indeed renovate less than a year ago and have put in over $700,000. We continue ongoing improvement and will work to try to modernize the hotel and offer nicer accommodations than ever. We hope that if you return to the area in future, you again come on by and see how we have changed and evolved. Thank you!
Pensacola, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at 4 different Choice Properties during a week vacation and this was one of them. Has nice rooms and staff. The outside hot tub was great and well needed. The only bad thing that I can say about this property is that out of the 4 different Quality Inns in which we stayed this was the only one that did not offer some form of breakfast, other that that it was very nice.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the inside close to the pools. It is much quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our Quality Inn of New Port Richey. We are so pleased that your family enjoyed the hot tub and pool. We are so sorry that our restaurant was not yet opened when you visited. We are finishing renovations so that we can reopen with a whole new look within a few short days. Them we will be able to provide a quality breakfast menu as well as other options. Thank you again for your review!
Hudson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had the poolside room, it was very clean & comfortable. The Hotel has a great cocktail Lounge & very reasonable prices. The hotel is near the beach & shopping Mall & several great restaurants. The hotel will open up it new restaurant very soon. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Choose the poolside rooms, they do not face the street & are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ron, thank you so much for your compliments to our Quality Inn or New Port Richey staff. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us but are sorry that you didn't get to see the remodeled restaurant unveiled. As you mentioned, there is a local beach only 3 miles from the hotel. Most folks are unaware of Green Key Beach which is a lovely little place with a children's playground, sandy shore, restrooms, sometimes food vendors, and a very safe and shallow descent into the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Thank you again for your review!
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First room had a leaky tub faucet and an inch of stale water. Refrigerator door was rusty. Next room was by the pool and the pub, where the crowd was drunk and noisy at 11 pm. Same deal with the refrigerator and the shower curtain had sickening black spots.

If you plan on getting drunk enough in the pub, this place will work for you because you won't know where you are anyway.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
John, I am very sorry for the cleanliness and maintenance issues that you encountered at our hotel. We try to keep every room in good condition and it sounds like this was not the case with the rooms that you were in. We are constantly improving and are always willing to move guests or give compensation when things go wrong. We are truly sorry that we could not make things right with you while you stayed with us.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is wonderful and its location is even better. This hotel is close to everything to include a Walmart, Publix, Red Lobster, Starbucks, McDonalds, IHOP, Denny's, Dunkin Donuts, and let's not forget Cracker Barrel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your review of our Quality Inn of New Port Richey! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the many nearby dining options. In addition to great dining and shopping, we are also close to great attractions like Clearwater beach, Tarpon Springs, the Tampa Aquarium and other great day trip destinations. Thank you.
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Despite the fact I live within walking distance to this business (Behind Southgate), I booked a room for my sister and I when she came to visit. Because we couldn't go far away as my brother in law was visiting with my Mom along with my niece and nephew staying at my home. I booked the room so that my sister and I could have "Girls Night Out" alone and away from the kids, husband, mother etc. She lives 350 miles away, so we don't get to spend much time together anymore as she works and has her children to look after. So, I took this opportunity for us to just chill out one night by ourselves.

I saw where one reader commented that the place was "old". I don't know what criteria they use for "old", but I know when I moved to this area (Gulf Harbors) this hotel was NOT built until a few years AFTER I moved here. I am sure that Management if they read this can verify when they opened. I do know it had to be after 2000 and I have been in this area since 98.

We had a wonderful room (accessible) as I am wheelchair bound. The bathroom and shower were so large, that it could be converted into a bedroom with little problem...ha ha !

We had dinner at "TRIO'S" their signature restaurant and also had breakfast here and we were NOT disappointed.

The lobby is inviting and spacious, the pool area was very relaxing and inviting and the service from all the staff from check in, to the dining room, until check out were all wonderful.

I must say that even though I live a hop, skip and a jump away of this hotel, it is a pleasure knowing that should I have out of town guests, I would have no problems in booking them a room here. There is another hotel down the street which I shall not name, but I stayed there when they were doing work on my house....the accessible room I was given was a TRUE NIGHTMARE !!!!!!! There was an old wooden bat holding up the bathroom sink........YES, the sink was falling off the wall !!!!! They did not have another room or an accessible shower and did not even have a shower chair in their inventory for me to use. So you can imagine how great it was to see how much care and concern that QUALITY INN & SUITES took in designing their accessible room !!!!!!!!!! In fact I loved their bathroom so much, I wish I could rent the room on a yearly basis and move in...ha ha ha ! In addition, the cleanliness of Quality Inn is noticed from the lobby, to your room and elsewhere. Management truly takes lots of pride in this facility.

Ther ONLY comment I can make that would be negative is the fact that for a disabled individual to gain access to the hotel lobby from the driveway, one has to go to the far southern end for the cut out curb. If it is raining, I can not just get out of the car under the Porte Cochere and access the hotel. But if that is the ONLY shortcoming, I can live with it. That is why they sell umbrellas !!!

If anyone is contemplating making reservations here at QUALITY INN & SUITES--------DO NOT HESITATE. You will NOT be disappointed as they do things the correct way here !

Room Tip: If you are disabled, you will be very pleased with the accessible room.
Green Features: The grounds and rooms are very clean and I am sure behind the scene's the environment is friendly. There was no odor from the chemicals they use to clean which is often the problem with many places that are NOT friendly or green.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
LeeAnn, thank you for your extremely flattering review of our Quality Inn & Suites of New Port Richey. Our hotel is actually a bit older (built in 1974), however, our management took over it about 9 months ago and pumped nearly 3/4 of a million dollars into renovating it. We continue to make major improvements for the convenience and comfort of our guests and are flattered that you found it to be such an ideal place to stay with you sister. We do hope that next time you have family stay with us, that you get to come by and see how much more we have done to improve. We are currently renovating the restaurant to further improve our guests' experiences. Thank you!

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!