“Zen Forrest =Zen For rest” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rochester Hills MI
“Zen Forrest =Zen For rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This Asian fusion restaurant is our favorite Pasco County Fl dining spot when we
Are snowbirds in winter. Chef Victor Wang prepares fresh, healthful, delicious Asian fusion food in a quiet, softly lit atmosphere. Servers are excellent and quiet as well - no clattering dishes here!

New Port Richey, Florida
“My favorite place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Zen Forest is New Port Richey's hidden gem. It's small, intimate, and amazingly good. It's not unusual for Chef Victor to come out and check if everyone is enjoying their meal. The food is unique and very delicious. It would be hard to pick my favorite, because everything is so good. Go with a small group and everyone order something different and then share!

Port Richey, Florida
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We always have had a wonderful meal here. The food is fresh and tasty. A wonderful twist on the norm.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa
“Loved it! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm from New Jersey and just moved down here to NPR. I've been looking for a great Asian restaurant "like home." Well, we found it! Zen Forrest is excellent!

I started the meal with wonton soup. I expected a small cup of wonton soup, and instead was served a large bowl of soup. It was amazing! I had so much that I shared it with my husband.

Next, we had edamame! Excellent!

Next, the salad... Very flavorful house dressing.

I ordered the pork lo mein, and my husband ordered sesame chicken. I have only one slight complaint... I felt the lo mein was too salty, otherwise, it was excellent! My husband's dish, the sesame chicken, was phenomenal, and I was eating off of his plate. The chicken was cooked perfectly, and had a bit of a crunch to it. It wasn't anyway like the sesame chicken I've had up north, which is deep fried and has lots of breading. Next time, I'm either going to get the sesame chicken or the orange chicken. Can't wait!

Everything was perfect, and I can't wait to go back! We couldn't eat dessert, but she offered us chocolate mousse, or pistachio cheesecake! I'm sure both were wonderful! Next time!

The service was excellent also! LOVED IT! :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cooking outside of the box!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A few weeks back Chef Victor did a special diner with Peking Duck as the main attraction.He is one of the most creative chefs that I know to date after being in the food industry for 25 plus years.Aside from the Peking Duck being off the charts great the accompanying dish were so great and seasoned perfectly. my wife and I have been eating in his restaurant for several years and we have never been let down by Chef Victor. Just remember its not only diner , but also lunch so well priced and tastey you could never go wrong.

• Visited November 2013