Late night stop on a longer road trip. First, let's start with the good...
1. Found a last minute deal ($10 off) with HotelTonight mobile app.
2. Pet friendly, for only $15 extra.
It pretty much goes downhill from there.
First, upon check-in the person (Jeff) couldn't find the reservation, even though we showed him the reservation confirmation number on our phone. He just didn't know what to do. Since the hotel was only about half full, you might think just book us a room at the advertised price and forget about the reservation, but that sounded like crazy-talk to Jeff.
25 minutes later (I don't know how we kept it together during this time), possibly by miracle, a room key was provided and we were off to unload the car, with baby, dog, and a few bags.
Upon entering the hotel at a far end-entrance, we realized that this was certainly all budget and nothing more. Windows were dirty, carpet was really old, musty, and stained badly all over. Even though this is Florida, and no smoking is allowed in any hotel room (and we got a non-smoking room, to which I thought was strange) as we opened our room door and stepped in we could instantly tell it was definitely a smoking room. Outside our door was a no smoking placard, and that same placard was in the room next to the phone, and the clean, empty glass ashtray. There was a second identical clean glass ashtray on the other nightstand table, which was obviously cleaned by the room cleaning staff. We thought about changing our room, but after the experience at the front desk, we figured it would take another hour to get that done, and we were already very tired from driving a long way and it being late already.
Ended up eating a frozen pizza (DiGiorno) bought from the lobby freezer. The rooms do have microwaves and mini-fridge.
Before long we were asleep (on the ancient, collapsed and very uncomfortable mattress) and then up in the morning. Free continental breakfast - there's a plus. Slim pickins, but coffee, milk, cereal, toast, banana, and waffles (the kind you make yourself) was a welcomed sight.
We got the heck outta dodge quickly, and hopefully we won't find ourselves there ever again.
There was a pool that we didn't use, and I think it had a small fitness room, but can't recall.
I've been in worse places, but this one was ranking among them, even if slightly better.
I would have rather spent an extra $25 somewhere else for at least a better room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn Neptune Beach Mayo Clinic NE offers the best value at the beaches. We are passionate about taking good care of you. That's why we offer a broad range of services and amenities to make your stay exceptional. Enjoy our delicious complimentary Daybreak Breakfast featuring Biscuits and Gravy, Hot Waffles, Florida's Natural Juices, Fresh Fruit, Cereals, Bagels, Muffins, Pastries, Fresh Coffee and Tea. Days Inn Neptune Beach Mayo Clinic NE is conveniently located less than a mile from the beach - a few miles to the internationally renowned Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida and near the Mayport Naval Station. Inquire about our free Mayo Clinic Hospital shuttle. We also offer Pet Friendly rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn Neptune Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Neptune Beach Hotel Neptune Beach