“Husband and I impressed at price, how quiet, and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seahorse Oceanfront Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Neptune Beach
Seahorse Oceanfront Inn
You added Seahorse Oceanfront Inn to your Saves list
120 Atlantic Boulevard, Neptune Beach, FL 32236   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Neptune Beach
jacksonville, florida
“Husband and I impressed at price, how quiet, and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I took a belated honey-moon and found this to be the perfect spot. We found it was very quiet, clean, and most of all could get his wheelchair in and out without problem. This is also a very secure hotel with access to pool and beach access via room assigned key. The associated bar was hardly made a noise and was closed around 9p. I guess

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Zealand/Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

We stayed here one night (passing through) in Room 220. Very nice room with a picture window view of the beach & ocean. Wrap around balcony so you could sit and watch the pool & The Lemon Bar or on the other side you face the beach & ocean. Clean and comfortable. Friendly check-in and check-out. Easy parking and just steps away to all kinds of cute places to eat, like the Sun Dog Diner which we loved too. The Lemon Bar is cute & fun. Wish they had munchies but it is only drinks. The Lemon Bar closes at 11pm except on (I believe it was) Friday & Sat. nights when they close at 12:30. Early close on Sunday too, I believe. They have happy hour beer for $2.50 draft and speciality drink for low prices periodically. (Their menu) We went to our room at 10pm, turned on TV and with the A/C also running, we could hear nothing from outside. Will definitely go again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights when we were in town for a wedding. I was nervous after reading some of the reviews on this website, but the hotel exceeded our expectations. The location is great -- it's right on the beach, with a nice pool, and within walking distance to lots of restaurants and bars in Atlantic Beach. The parking is free. Our room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean (although not completely modern and renovated). There was a small refrigerator in the room which was nice, and we liked the patio overlooking the ocean. We found the service there to be wonderful. All the people at the front desk were very friendly, and they were helpful with recommendations about where to get a bagel and coffee for breakfast. I consider myself to be relatively picky about cleanliness in hotels, and I did not encounter the problems other people on this site mentioned with unclean bathrooms or a moldy odor in the room. Also, although there are not hair dryers or irons in every room, the front desk was more than happy to give me both, for our entire stay, when I asked about it at check-in. We were not bothered by noise from the Lemon Bar at all, and in fact, we were surprised by how early the bar closes (I think at midnight). It is definitely not the most luxurious place we've ever stayed, but for the price and the location, we thought the room was more than adequate, and we would definitely recommend the hotel to others and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

My husband and I went with a group of about 30 for a family member's 21st birthday. Several of us had rooms at the Seahorse and also the Sea Turtle across the way. My husband and I were guests at the Seahorse. We were at lemon bar for a little over an hour when my husband went to the bar to order drinks for me and a few other family members. The bartender was a real jerk and refused service to him saying he was too intoxicated. He wasn't. Had a bit of a buzz yes, but not to the extent of intoxication. Well the bartender and two dorky little security guys called a cop over. Needless to say I was livid and gave them a piece of my mind. Keep in mind we were guests of the hotel. Well, after letting these idiots know that we would never be back we all left followed by three quarters of the other patrons I might add. We all ended up at Ragtime cafe across the street where they had an awsome band, awsome service and we were all treated with respect and dignity. Don't go to lemon bar. It's not worth your time

• Stayed April 2009
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

We stayed here for an easy April weekend getaway. This is an OLD hotel, in the sense that it is run down. All of the rooms have sliding glass doors that open to the beach. There is direct beach access, and a pool and bar that serves food. The rooms are rundown. The carpet is very old, but teh industrial kind. The bathrooms and kitchenette in each room are somewhat scary to go barefoot in. Beds are solid as rocks. Safety is a concern probably because this is a hotel for heavy drinkers an partying. So expect lots of late-night and early morning drunken noise. Occasionally, like last night, there was a visible fight between two drunks at the bar out our window. Across the street is a newer, high end hotel called The Ocean. I wouldn't bring my kids here. But if you are just looking for a nice beach, place to sleep, and don't mind the noise, I can see it. Pack your own hari dryer and iron, they don't provide those in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
South GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

A super beach getaway! My husband and I were looking for a 'no frills', reasonably-priced, clean hotel for couple of days at the beach and found just that at the Seahorse Inn. The room was spacious, cleaner than most (although the bathroom could have used a little extra attention) and the location was wonderful! The beautiful Atlantic Ocean was a very short walk across the dunes (via either the private access walk or the public access). The area is terrific...lots of great restaurants within walking distance.
Try Al's Pizza. Their lunch menu is very good and reasonably priced! Lee's Ice Cream is also a great stop.

The Seahorse Inn honors AARP discounts, but not AAA.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delhi, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

we stayed here on a business trip. the hotel is okay...nothing special really. we had a room on the 2nd floor with a great view of the pool and ocean. the room was nothing special at all. it had just a plastic-based shower and there were no real ammenities i had expected. but, the locaion and price was great!

• Liked — the location...
  • Disliked — no wow-factor...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Seahorse Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!