“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Navarre
Mcallen, Tx
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We stopped in early one day for a planned stop on our way to Disney. The Beach there is really beautiful (especially the sand) I think it's called sugar sand. We went to the beach one afternoon and again in the morning before we left. The hotel was very nice and what you would expect in a hampton inn. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The pool was very nice and clean also. The hotel is about 3 miles from the bridge to the beach. The beach was pretty empty when we went. We ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday's in Mary Esther about 10 miles away. We paid $111 plus tax.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We picked this hotel, because it said it was at 5 minutes from the beach. Turns out they meant 5 minutes by car (which was actually more like 10 minutes).

The room was vey nice and clean and had everything you migh need. Compared to other hotels the room (King Bed) was bigger then usual and everything was very up to date. Unfortunately the internet connection was terrible! We were at the second floor, but had virtually no wireless signal. When hooking up to the cable, you would expect it to be fast, but it wasn't. My webmail took about 4 minutes to load...!!!

Finally we got done a little early so we decided to check out a day early. We did so approximately 3 hours after checkout-time and they charged us a FULL night. The lady at the desk didn't really want to do it, but her manager made her. It was very unfriendly and poor from a customer service experience.

Bottom line: very nice hotel, nice and clean rooms, friendly personell, unfriendly management, bad internet and poor location.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Room was nice and very clean. 5 minutes from beach. My only warning is to call the hotel ahead of time to make sure that the room description on the online site you purchase from matches what you think you are getting. I was traveling with a toddler and was under the impression that my King Deluxe Suite would have a sofa bed, refrigerator, and microwave and all there was was a King size bed -no couch at all, no refrigerator or microwave. The online site translation to the hotel does not necessarilly match. The staff told me that I only requested a King size room -or at least that was what they received. Despite that this is a really nice hotel, I could have gotten more for 150/nite. So, just be sure that you know what you are getting. Oh, and the hot breakfast only included meat one day during my 3 day stay...mostly powdered eggs, cereal (hot and cold), and bread. products. Didn't even have waffles...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

The most outstanding thing was the beds, I very rarely can sleep in hotel beds, and I have stayed in all kinds of hotels, for the price I payed I got more than I expected. Navarre beach is very close and its beautifull. The employees in this hotel really care about you, unfortunately a very rare thing this days.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
mattytude
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

As a Hilton Honors Platinum member, I stay in many Hampton properties each year. To be honest, I stayed at this location because of the low number of points it required for 2 free nights. Navarre, although beautiful is kinda halfway between Destin and Pensacola, so it has limited options for dining, shopping, nightlife and entertainment. Now that really has nothing to do with the hotel, but I thought I would include the info for those wanting to be close to the major beach destinations.
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, as its one of the new designs interior wise. The rooms are well done and modern in style and a big change from the tired old Hampton look that many of the older properties have. The breakfast dining area is large and nicely appointed as well as the business center and "Suite Shop" conveinience store.
My only complaint and reason for not giving 5 stars was the lack of wireless internet. There is no reason that any major hotel chain should not have this service provided to its guests, remember it's now 2009 not 1999...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
youngstown, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn this past week and enjoyed everything about it! The ladies who set up the continental breakfast in the morning do such a wonderful job...everyone at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. We stayed in a King suite and it was fabulous! Plenty of room...flat screen TV, mini bar area, separate living and vanity area. It is only 5 minutes from Navarre Beach....which is gorgeous, by the way! We would not hesitate to visit there again. There's also a great little outdoor church to attend on Sundays in the parking lot of the public beach..Navarre Beachside Church.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

This hotel, I think, is the best one that I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very nice and quiet. We were on the first floor, right next to the lobby and heard nothing outside of our room our whole stay. The breakfast was good as well. Although I was a little confused when the brochures and things said "hot breakfast". The "hot breakfast for one morning was a sausage and egg biscuit and for the next morning was a scrambled egg and ham mixture with biscuits. I was thinking that they would have the whole deal bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, etc. but what food they did have was great. Just don't expect a huge hot breakfast. The beds were very very comfortable. The only thing that we did not like is the feather pillows were very very uncomfortable. We had read a previous review and brought our own pillows and I was very glad that we did. And lastly I really did not like the fact that the hotel only has showers (no bath tubs) just because it was very hard bathing a 3 month old in the shower. But other than those small things, our stay there was great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The rooms and sleepingn arrangements
  • Disliked — No bath tubs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Navarre? Share your experiences!