“Sea BLT heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bay House

The Bay House
799 Walkerbilt Rd, Naples, FL 34110 (North Naples)
(239) 591-3837
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bay House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 800 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Naples
Cross street: Highway 41
mount airy, maryland
“Sea BLT heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I love The Tavern at the Bay House. They have redone it since our last visit. We were a party of 8 and sat at round table just outside the entrance to the bar. They don't take reservations for the Tavern but we were there at 5 just in time for bar happy hour prices. It is valet parking so hubby who likes to park his own car had to live with it. The outdoor seating is beautifully done as well and the interior is warm and welcoming. There was a small group playing in the bar but it wasn't intrusive to our conversation. Hubby picked the $30 full course menu with an excellent Crab Bisque soup, a very small fillet and bread pudding desert. I too enjoyed the bisque and tucked at the bottom of the menu found The Sea BLT, a scrumptious combination of lobster, shrimp and crab on top of fried green tomatoes and a very good portion. I enjoyed leftovers! Sampled a friends desert that had Alabama as part of its title, sooooo good. The menu prices are hefty so this is a once a season visit, but the bar would be fun to enjoy happy hour prices and listen to the music.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milford, Connecticut
“Nice view but the prices are out of whack”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went for lunch in February. Not a very interesting menu. Pricing in my opinion is out of control. As an example 13 raw clams on the half shell for $29.00. Other equal restaurants offer clams at about $1.00 each.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Went there with the regular group for Easter Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

First, and update to my last Shula's report, two of our group were there for lunch on separate occasions and said it was excellent.

So now, The Bay House. I'd never been there before so it was all new to me. To start, the server Miranda in addition to being very beautiful, was also good at her job. All the orders came out as requested. The rest of the staff too, seemed to have the choreography or handling a busy room down pat. That is very important. There can't be any wasted motion by the staff or the whole thing will break down. And what I assumed was the manager was also out on the floor keeping things moving. As we left I asked if he was running the place and he said yes. He looks like Glenn Beck.

All reported their appetizers were top drawer. I had the fried oysters and shared with the group, they were darn good.

I also had the steak, it came some sort of thin potato slices with blue cheese. It too was a perfect medium cook. I always order medium because to do anything else I've learned is to flirt with disaster. Rare means sometimes it is too chewy to bother with and well done can mean you get a piece of coal.

The steak was about the largest thing of its type I had ever seen. Couldn't finish it! You also get a broccoli soufflé in a separate dish.

I sponsored the desserts for the table first was the chocolate, I thought it good, but some just okay as the plate was passed around to the other 4 in the group. But everybody had seen beignets on the menu and were talking them.

I saw Miranda near the table and got up quietly and asked her to bring an order of that. They were more popular than the chocolate thing, but either was very good.

All in all I would place this in the top 10 or even 5 of the places I've been to in this area for those "special occasion" meals. Very clean, good condition kind of place. Plate coverage and presentation were also top drawer.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NIAGARA ON THE LAKE
“One of the Best in Naples (No, The Best)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Have you ever had a perfect meal. If you have, it was likely at the Bay House in Naples. For starters, try the warm lobster salad. For mains, try one of their many signature dishes. Lobster pot pie is outstanding, Or try the unique surf and turf. Its braised ribs and jumbo shrimps. Or try the very unique seafood sausage (yes really). There are several other delicious items we also tried. Sharing was the order of the day. If you still have a desire for something else, try the deserts. Amazing!!! Try the individual baked Alaska. The serving staff are excellent (Helen et all). The manager, John, knows how to please people. A perfect evening for all seven of us.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A lovely place to dine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went on the advice of friends. Its off the beaten path but cozy and private. It was much bigger than I expected. We sat in the tavern and enjoyed apps. The band was great and service excellent.

Visited April 2014