“Outstanding location; ALMOST perfect hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Inn on Fifth
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   699 5th Avenue South, Naples, FL 34102   |
Ranked #5 of 58 hotels in Naples
Rockville, MD
“Outstanding location; ALMOST perfect hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Inn is perfectly situated in Old Naples, right in the heart of everything. There are millions of restaurants, shops and cafes surrounding the hotel. [The hotel has its own pub (McCabe's) and steak/seafood house (Truluck's), neither of which we had a chance to try.] The hotel staff was friendly and everything with check-in and check-out went efficiently. Our room was large, with a nice terrace and a fridge. Lots of plugs in the room (for modern electronics), a good closet, TV, and a room safe. There was an attractive pool, though it closed early (dusk; not sure why).

The areas less than perfect were few, but worth mentioning. There is no morning coffee brewed in the lobby in the morning, and I think in 2013 in this category of hotel that is a minor league mistake. (The little coffee pot in the room isn't up to current standards, and while there are probably literally a dozen coffee shops in walking distance, I don't think it asks too much to have self-serve regular brewed coffee, decaf coffee, and hot water in the lobby in the morning.)

Also, the air-conditioner in our room was a built-in wall unit (rather than central A/C), and our first two nights it was not quite able to keep up with the 90+ degree weather. (On our third and last night we determined that the room was laid out so that the cool air from the A/C was being directed beneath the writing desk right in front of it; we angled some magazines to redirect the air flow upward and away from the desk which promptly made the room much cooler. This ought to be easily fixable by management; it would make guests more comfortable and it would likely save the hotel money on energy by permitting lower temperature settings in the room.)

A couple of the fixtures in our bathroom were loose (shower, door handle), which were of no consequence, but maintenance or housekeeping should catch that sort of thing.

The hotel is very contemporary in decoration, which while not our taste, is very likely the taste of many people, so we couldn't in fairness object to that.

All in all, I'd give the hotel an "A-", which I feel is a very good grade, just not quite perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I greatly appreciate the honesty, detail, and time you put into your review. I have notified housekeeping of the loose fixtures and since then have been taken care of. I will present the complementary coffee proposal to management, as well as the AC issues. This upcoming summer we are planning to install new A/C units. We hope that you visit us again in the future. If you would like to contact me, my email is nickf@Innonfifth.com.

645 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Everything was lovely. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more pleasant.
It is in a GREAT location,close to many nice restaurants and shops. Valet parking.
Beautiful pool area with lounge chairs.
Everything is very clean and well kept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful testimonial. I happy to read that you enjoyed yourself while visiting us in Downtown Naples. We hope that you visit us again so that you can explore more shops and restaurants!
Darlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was a wonderful week staying at Inn on the Fifth Club Suites. These being recently built to a very high standard. We had previously stayed at the hotel 8 years ago.
We were offered a good deal for upgrading, having previously booked a room at the hotel prior to this visit.
On arrival we were given a tour of the new suites and they are stunning, from a small rooms to the Presidential suite(just a little bit to big for our needs!). We opted for a suite which was beautifully styled and very, very comfortable;also having a balcony which allowed us to enjoy the sun on an afternoon. The only niggle would be the wardrobe was a little on the small side.
The staff could not do enough for guests. Always so pleasant and welcoming.
The 3rd floor was a delight where breakfast(continental), snacks and afternoon aperitifs with food are served, all included in the price. Champagne and nibbles were lovely on the roof terrace or if you wished you could take drinks and food back to your room. The roof terrace is a great place to relax and have a dip in the hot tub. Towels were provided.
The suites are situated in the best location, where access to shops and resturants are in abundance. Free Valet parking across the road at the hotel makes life a great deal easier and the valets are just brilliant at being pleasant and efficient.
From this location it is easy to walk to the beach (10minutes) and to Third Street (20minutes)for even more wonderful resturants and shops. If you do not want to walk there is a chaffeur service.
Guests are permitted to use the Spa at the hotel , but we didn't quite make it there therefore unable to comment.
Cannot say enough about this place - just made a wonderful place to holiday.The suites are exceptional and we would highly recommend them.

Room Tip: Room 275 on the second floor for a good view of 5th Street and for sunshine in the afternoon.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you very much for such a detailed review! I am glad you have revisited us since your last stay 8 years ago. We have done so many changes from remodeling the original hotel from top to bottom, and then the new addition which you so wonderfully described. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and patronage. We hope that you visit us again real soon.
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We booked our trip through Southwest vacations and got a tremendous deal for the 5 days four nights. The Hotel was exactly like it is pictured on line. The staff and valets were SO nice and helpful, recommending a few of the local restaurants. The beach is a 10 min walk and the Inn is right in the heart of the shopping area. The room was clean and very confortable. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience at our hotel. I will pass on your complements to our staff and concierge that made your vacation so very special. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our central location here in Downtown Naples. Thank you again, we hope to see you again in the future.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in a regular room, not a suite. Our room was furnished in a very modern style but was quite comfortable. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The location can't be beat with numerous shops and restaurants in any direction. I really appreciated the free valet parking and the valets were also very friendly. We also enjoyed the outdoor pool and large sundeck. I had 2 minor complaints and that was that some of our wall outlets were too large so the plugs would literally just fall out of them when trying to charge our ipad or phones and while our TV worked, many of the control buttons did not, so we couldn't ever pull up the guide to see what was on, we had to scroll channels. But those were minor inconveniences and I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of a parking lot and while a pool view would have been prettier, we would have t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. Thank you for the complements to our decor, and to our staff. The weather has been wonderful for enjoying the pool and sundeck, I am happy that you were able to enjoy it. If you could please provide me with your room number by emailing me at nickf@innonfifth, I will make sure maintenance takes care of the two things you mention here. Thank you again for staying at The Inn on Fifth, and we shall see you very soon!
Martinsburg,WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with another couple the first week in April and were very impressed with the property. We were able to get a great deal through Southwest Vacations which was surprising, since it was still high season and many families were in Naples on spring break. The hotel was very clean and rooms were standard size, although ours had a very large walk in shower and our king size bed was AMAZING...VERY comfortable. Closet and drawer space was plentiful and our room had a small refrigerator. We were fortunate to have a pool view, just a very small juliet balcony, though. We had no problems with our air conditioning but our friends said theirs seemed to not be as cool as they would have liked. Valet service was always quick and attentive, able to use the luxury SUV to take us to and from 3rd Street area twice, arrived for pick up within minutes of placing call. Front desk staff a little aloof but able to answer our questions. We did find it odd they would not accomodate our friends with a room with a king size bed without an increase in price, since they bought the same vacation deal we did and they ended up with 2 double beds instead. Housekeeping was always pleasant, efficient and did a good job. Rooms were very quiet and 2 of us commented we didn't hear a single sound until the last night, when we heard just a couple of doors closing.Two of us used the spa and received excellent 90 min massages, although the spa area is more day spa feel than luxury resort spa atmosphere. Fitness center had both cardio and weight lifting equipment, seemed well lit to us. The pool area is very clean and numerous lounges and chairs and tables available, towels are provided. If they would put in a pool bar, it would be perfect! The area around the hotel is filled with several blocks of restaurants and shops. LOVE the 5th Ave Coffee Shop and Diner for breakfast, Yabba Island grill has good food and EXCELLENT frozen drinks, Truluck's offers a very nice dinner menu and atmosphere and Vergina served excellent Italian food. McCabe's was our only disappointing eating experience. Our dinner there left us wanting, as they were out of the soup my friend wanted, then they had to come back and tell myself and my friend they were out of the appetizer we ordered and what we substituted simply was not that tasty. They also make a horrible Pina Colada. We hoped to try them for breakfast one morning but they were closed, no explanation as to why by hotel staff, although according to everything we read, they should have been open and serving (they were open every other morning at that time). We think McCabe's is a fine place to have a beer and listen to music, but would skip them for food, too many other great choices nearby to settle for mediocre. All in all, Inn on Fifth provided us with a lovely stay, especially for the deal we were able to get through Southwest. We would definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a detailed review, I greatly appreciate the time and the detail you put into sharing your experience at The Inn on Fifth. I am pleased to read that you took advantage of the amenities that we offer. The complementary valet service is wonderful for dinner transportation on Fifth Ave and Third St, letting you fully explore the 33 restaurants that surround our property. I appreciate you bringing the inconstant service and food to my attention, I will make sure that this is known. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to your return.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife and I just spent three nights at the Inn on Fifth. The hotel is very stylish with marble and white leather furniture. We were very impressed by the staff who could not have been more friendly and helpful. Old Naples is beautiful with nice independent shops and restaurants, and the beach is about a ten minute walk straight down Fifth.

When you walk out of the hotel you are immediately into everything. I was not too keen on the idea of the Irish pub which is part of the hotel, BUT, we had a great night in there listening to the music and after a couple of pints of Guiness even I was singing and dancing!

So ... Go there and don't worry about anything. It's too easy to pick on small negatives when overall it was great.

I hope you find this helpful. Stephen

Room Tip: Front rooms noisy because they front the Avenue, pool facing rooms quiet and handy, lower price room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Stephen,

I greatly appreciate your review, I find each and every review helpful. I am glad you enjoyed our central location in Old Napes. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope that you stay with us again in the future. If you had any issues at McCabes Irish Pub, please feel free to contact me at nickf@innonfifth.com

Been to Inn on Fifth? Share your experiences!