“Beautiful property!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Beautiful property!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here on business/pleasure trip to Naples in February 2013. Reserved through online travel site since none available on hotel site. Requested room type not available on arrival so front desk recommended "club room" across the street. Upgrade terms were agreed to but upon check out the charge was much higher. Asked to speak to manager and repeatedley told that someone would contact me. After one week of this the charges were corrected. I assume this must have been reluctantly by the management since they would not talk to me. I am grateful that they eventually made this right. The hotel is beautiful and the club area is absolutely fantastic in almost every way. The staff was polite and accomodating and the location in Old Naples is excellent. Our stay was unfortunately somewhat ruined by our experience at checkout and the way in which the management would not speak with us about their error. Thankfully in the end, they did the right thing. Not sure I would choose this again unless terms are clearly defined in advance in writing.

Room Tip: Two double beds/king probably means two double beds. Would not expect two double beds at this price...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am thrilled to hear that enjoyed our new Club Level! I am terribly sorry about the miscommunication of the upgrade charge. Normally our upgrade fees are on a nightly basis, and it is very possible that it was not displayed to you as that. We do feel the we did the right thing by amending the charges to your card. I am sorry that this ruined you experience with us. We hope that you come visit us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

From the moment we entered the inviting and glamorous lobby, we knew this was going to be great! The staff,exquisite rooms,and atmosphere are exactly what we were looking for. We will not only be back hopefully sooner than later but will be reccomending The Inn on Fifth to all of our friends.

Room Tip: we truly enjoyed the room on the roof top pool deck
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am happy that you spent your Florida vacation in Naples at our hotel! Being able to walk out of your room on to the sunny pool deck is such a wonderful thing. Thank you for your generous comments, and we too hope to see you sooner rather than later!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had a very nice time. Very clean and the people were friendly. Great location. I wish they had coffee in the morning but they do have Starbucks in the room, I'm not a big fan of coffee makers in the room. We will stay there again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comment on the in room coffee makers, we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Maine, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at the Inn on Fifth for its location. I had high expectations noting the recent renovations and the reviews on TA. Unfortunately, I was slightly disappointed. It was nice to see the renovations, but to me it felt very cold and uninviting. And it also cost a lot more than the resort we had just left on Marco Island the night before (which had been wonderful). I guess 5th Avenue makes the price increase.

We also had the unfortunate experience of being in the elevator when it broke and fell! Upon arrival, I had mentioned to my husband the low quality of the elevator, the slowness and the uncleanliness; but we certainly didn't expect to be on it when it actually broke! Luckily, it only lasted for a minute, otherwise it could have been a very scary experience.

Even with the location, we would not return. The room did not meet our expectations for the price and the overall atmosphere was not very welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am terribly sorry about your elevator experience. We immediately had Taylor Elevator come out to service the elevator. Taylor Elevator fixed the issue, and reported that the elevator is in working order. I am sad to read that you did not find our renovations appealing. We hope to see you again, and that you keep us in mind for any future Downtown Naples trips.
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms and lobby are tastefully redecorated in elegant black and whites. Our room faced 5th Avenue where the palm trees are laced with twinkle lights, magically lighting up the night sky. We enjoyed the separate shower/toilet room and the large balcony to enjoy our morning coffee. The pool area is a lovely respite from the busyness of 5th Ave. and the beach is just a short 10 minute walk through a lovely neighborhood. The complimentary valet parking was a plus. Our only complaint would be the noise issue from the nearby bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our property. I am glad you were able to experience Downtown Naples to its fullest! Along with the complementary valet service, valet will also shuttle you down the beach with all your gear. I am sorry to hear that a nearby bar disturbed your stay. If you can report the nuisance to the front desk, sometimes they can alleviate the problem. Thank you again for choosing the Inn on Fifth, we hope to see you soon.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the newly opened concierge suites across the street form the hotel. The rooms are beautifully finished - high end materials, fine linens and comfortable beds. The Concierge staff are attentive and friendly and the food and beverage service is excellent. This is the perfect base to explore Naples in foot!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very generous comments and review! I will pass on your complements to our concierge team. They do outstanding job to make every guests' stay memorable and special. The concierge staff and everyone at the Inn on Fifth looks forward to your return.
Northport, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a very good spot if you want to be walkable to many restaurants and shoppes. Pool deck is very nice. Lovely area to visit and lots more within just 5 minutes by car. Beach is further away, so if your looking for more of a 'resort' feel, this is not the right choice. The room is nice. Bed very comfortable. Small outside deck is a nice plus. Surprisingly, there was nothing in the room in the way of a mini bar, or even bottled water although the customary vending machine was easily accessible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and our very comfortable bedding. From the hotel you are able to comfortably walk to 33 different restaurants, art galleries, and boutique shopping. Unfortunately our standard rooms do not offer a mini bar, but our Club Level suites offer a wide variety of food and beverage presentations at no charge to Club Level guests. I would love to assist you on your next stay with us. Please feel free contact me via email at nickf@innonfifth.com, so we can discuss your needs and the right room fit for you. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Inn on Fifth? Share your experiences!