“Disappointed, except the location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Maine, New York
“Disappointed, except the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at the Inn on Fifth for its location. I had high expectations noting the recent renovations and the reviews on TA. Unfortunately, I was slightly disappointed. It was nice to see the renovations, but to me it felt very cold and uninviting. And it also cost a lot more than the resort we had just left on Marco Island the night before (which had been wonderful). I guess 5th Avenue makes the price increase.

We also had the unfortunate experience of being in the elevator when it broke and fell! Upon arrival, I had mentioned to my husband the low quality of the elevator, the slowness and the uncleanliness; but we certainly didn't expect to be on it when it actually broke! Luckily, it only lasted for a minute, otherwise it could have been a very scary experience.

Even with the location, we would not return. The room did not meet our expectations for the price and the overall atmosphere was not very welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I am terribly sorry about your elevator experience. We immediately had Taylor Elevator come out to service the elevator. Taylor Elevator fixed the issue, and reported that the elevator is in working order. I am sad to read that you did not find our renovations appealing. We hope to see you again, and that you keep us in mind for any future Downtown Naples trips.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The rooms and lobby are tastefully redecorated in elegant black and whites. Our room faced 5th Avenue where the palm trees are laced with twinkle lights, magically lighting up the night sky. We enjoyed the separate shower/toilet room and the large balcony to enjoy our morning coffee. The pool area is a lovely respite from the busyness of 5th Ave. and the beach is just a short 10 minute walk through a lovely neighborhood. The complimentary valet parking was a plus. Our only complaint would be the noise issue from the nearby bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our property. I am glad you were able to experience Downtown Naples to its fullest! Along with the complementary valet service, valet will also shuttle you down the beach with all your gear. I am sorry to hear that a nearby bar disturbed your stay. If you can report the nuisance to the front desk, sometimes they can alleviate the problem. Thank you again for choosing the Inn on Fifth, we hope to see you soon.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the newly opened concierge suites across the street form the hotel. The rooms are beautifully finished - high end materials, fine linens and comfortable beds. The Concierge staff are attentive and friendly and the food and beverage service is excellent. This is the perfect base to explore Naples in foot!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very generous comments and review! I will pass on your complements to our concierge team. They do outstanding job to make every guests' stay memorable and special. The concierge staff and everyone at the Inn on Fifth looks forward to your return.
Northport, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a very good spot if you want to be walkable to many restaurants and shoppes. Pool deck is very nice. Lovely area to visit and lots more within just 5 minutes by car. Beach is further away, so if your looking for more of a 'resort' feel, this is not the right choice. The room is nice. Bed very comfortable. Small outside deck is a nice plus. Surprisingly, there was nothing in the room in the way of a mini bar, or even bottled water although the customary vending machine was easily accessible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we greatly appreciate your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and our very comfortable bedding. From the hotel you are able to comfortably walk to 33 different restaurants, art galleries, and boutique shopping. Unfortunately our standard rooms do not offer a mini bar, but our Club Level suites offer a wide variety of food and beverage presentations at no charge to Club Level guests. I would love to assist you on your next stay with us. Please feel free contact me via email at nickf@innonfifth.com, so we can discuss your needs and the right room fit for you. I look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in Naples several times and the Inn on Fifth most every time. Hadn't stayed there since last year. In addition to adding an all suite building, they remodeled the entire hotel and every room. All new colors, paint, furniture etc, very nicely done. Naples has always been a favorite stop, the Inn on Fifth just made it better.

• Stayed February 2013
Nick F, Guest Relations Manager at Inn on Fifth, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property, we greatly appreciate it. Thank you for all of your generous complements. We look forward to your next stay with us. If you did not have a chance to tour the Club Level building, please ask! We would love to show you.
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Only stayed one night, and it is very central for downtown shops and restaurants, but for $500 a night, pretty poor. They guarantee a room by 3pm, and sure enough at 3pm sent me up to the room, only poblem was it had not been cleaned so I had to wait outside for 30 mins. In the morning I found out that there was no room service until 11.30am, to be fair this apparently only happens once or twice a week - still it would be nice to be told in advance.
On expressing my feelings to the front desk it was pretty clear that no-one wqas very interested - from my experience usually means, bad management.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We take every review, whether it is good or bad very seriously. I am very disappointed to read that your check in and check out was handled in such a poor manner. Even after 3PM a guest should never be sent up to a dirty room. I apologize for the lack of empathy that was shown at the front desk, this needed to be handled in a much better manner. I hope that the concierge was able to recommend a wonderful spot for breakfast..Please contact me via email at nickf@innonfifth.com. I would really like to know more about this incident. I hope you choose to stay with us in the future, and I look forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My short stay in this hotel was wonderful..The room staff did a fine job of keeping the rooms clean. The pool area is real nice and quiet although the hot tub temperature is rather low...it is a real nice hot tub but not hot enough to be enjoyable...All the staff was very helpful and friendly.
I was happy that they have free SELF parking attached to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoy our roof top pool deck. I do apologize about the hot tub being a low temperature, maintenance is actively working to fix this. A luxury of free parking and complementary valet is a such a minor detail that makes any guests stay that much more enjoyable. We hope to see you again in the future.