“Perfect for business travelers” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Tampa, FL
“Perfect for business travelers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

As a regular guest I can highly recommend the Courtyard by Marriott in Naples, FL. I consider this hotel a home away from home since I "live" there 4 nights a month for business. The location is right in the middle of town, so is convenient to beaches, shopping and their famous zoo!

I am always greeted with a warm welcome and a smile; the staff is eager to please, from the front desk to the maintenance & restaurant staff.

If you want luxury bedding, it is here. Extremely comfortable and filled with pillows. I love the shower, very invigorating! Of course if you have time for the pool and hot tub, this is the place to relax.
The gazebo area offers a quiet place to just chill and offers beautiful swaying palm trees with local vegetation.

The wireless internet connection is the easiest I have found by far. The Courtyard even offers an online service for print ing documents, which at times comes in handy for me!

Bottom line, a great home away from home with a great value!

• Liked — comfort & safety
  • Disliked — exercise equipment is old
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. We have family at Pelican Bay so most of our days were spent there. We only needed a room for the night and this was perfect. We had previously booked at the Staybridge across the street but upon check-in decided to change. The room they showed us there was dark and smelled of vinegar. But the facilities were way above average otherwise.

We payed $146 per night (plus 10% tax) which included the breakfast buffet. It was mid-week so we got a discounted rate. The standard king room was very small so we asked for to be changed to the double. MUCH better. Huge room on the first floor with a Sony Aquos flat panel TV. Room #105

All the amenities were suburb. There was a free internet station in the lobby along with gourmet coffee station. Breakfast was excellent and the restaurant was truly elegant with dark wood paneling and a gas-log fireplace. I do not know if they served lunch or dinner but you are right on RT 41 so there are numerous restaurants within a short walk.

The pool was very small and run-down looking but we did not use it. With all the fantastic beaches close by, who needs it?

I would definitely go back. We looked at three other hotels on the strip and this was the nicest (if you are just looking for the room). The other hotels had much nicer facilities including free-form pools, video rentals and miniature golf. If you have small children and are looking for more of a 'resort' feel you should definitely move across the street.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jorgelugo, General Manager at Courtyard Naples, responded to this review, March 10, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtard by Marriott in Naples. We truly love hearing from our guests. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to your return in the future!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

This hotel has been the best hotel I have stayed in Naples so Far. After trying the other Marriott hotels I found that this hotel has the best Front Desk Staff in Naples and the Best Breakfast. The room are a little out dated but nothing major. Carol at the Front Desk checked me in the morning even after it said that check in time was at 3:00 pm. Overall this hotel is the best in Naples.

• Liked — Front Desk and Pool
  • Disliked — bathrooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2007

I am a Marriott Silver Elite member and mostly stay at Courtyards or other Marriott properties...this was NOT to the standards. Upon checkin at 3pm, I was not acknowledged by the front desk clerk, Carol, I had to say hello, and she just said "last name" as if I was bothering her. It took her 15 minutes for check in, my King Bed guarantee was not requested, she just said, "we dont have the King bed ready yet, how about two beds?" By 3pm, I would expect my room guarantee to be ready. I took my key and headed to the room(405). Two small double beds, I immediately called to the desk, and another woman answered to tell me we have plenty of Kings, come down and we will set you up. So back down, and a new crew was at the desk, more cheerful and human than "Carol". I proceded back up to 406, and the room was small, overlooking the dumpster. VERY bad shape, very musty/moldy smelling, carpet was wet, A/C was loud, stains on the walls, hand print on the wall by the bed. Very dated bathroom and sink area, the light in the toilet/shower was very dim, shower curtain rod was coming off the wall, pillows were extremely flimsy and thin, bath towels/hand clothes were like you would find at a Super 8, like sandpaper thin and worn.
Absolutely NOT what I expect from a Marriott. Found out this was a Franchise owned by Ocean Properties, but figure they would at least be held to the same standards!?
When in Naples, I will try the other hotel choices, which there are plenty of.

• Disliked — Rooms, Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

Booked room through Travelzoo @ $79 with breakfast for 2. Typical quality room although hotel grounds were very small. Hotel is directly on Rt 41, but no highway noise. Had trouble with the AC unit, very noisey, however, after two tries to fix the unit, the AC unit was replaced with a new unit. Guest service people were very pleasant and helpful. Would stay again at the Courtyard.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Naples? Share your experiences!