“Decent Courtyard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 58 Hotels in Naples
South Portland, Maine
“Decent Courtyard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you stay at Courtyards as a Marriott member you may find this one slightly lacking. A guess - this hotel looks like it was bought and renovated by Marriott. The rooms don't have quite the same layout as others in the chain. The rooms are quite large but the bathroom is small . I hope the management looks at the tub - very slippery! The room needs a just a bit of work to get them them to the standard - carpet needed cleaning and bathroom some paint. On the plus - there was a soccer tournament in the area and many families staying in the hotel but I never heard them! The staff was very nice and the Bistro area was nice (my favorite part of Courtyards!) Overall you can't go wrong for a the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Naples, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
I would like to thank you for your suggestions, especially regarding the tub and will certainly see that we address the issue. We are very proud of the renovation that just took place in the last 9 months with a full lobby/restaurant and room renovation. Unfortunately, the size of the bathrooms cannot be altered as it is a structural issue. Hopefully the beauty of Naples and all it has to offer, draws people from their rooms and out into the city to explore. If you find that your travels bring you this way again, we could offer you a balcony to enjoy the view and the warm weather and perhaps that would offset the bathroom size.
Thank you as well for your comments regarding the Bistro Café. I believe the restaurant is not only a plus for our guests in the hotel, but for the community as well. Because we are so centrally located on US 41 N, locals can enjoy a quick Starbucks on their way to work or Happy Hour each day on the way home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Borne, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel was very good. The people who are working at the reception are very helpfull and friendly special thanks to Carol from Michigan.
Hotel is clean fine swimingpool. And beside THE hotel there is à very good Mexicanen restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Naples, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. If you find yourself in Naples again, please come stay with us!!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The old saying you get what you pay for, we were only in Naples for a couple of nights, so it done its job. Nothing fancy, breakfast stops early - but Blueberrys next door.

The staff are very nice - its just a okay hotel, 10 mins from the 'old town' $10 each way in a cab.

But its about $100 per couple per night - so its pretty cheap.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Overall a very nice stay at the hotel, check in as easy as i prepaid via travel site, they only needed a credit card for extra charges , gave me my room keys and i was off to the room. the room itself was reasonable for the price. I had a small patio for which i could stand and look outside, the full opening door was nice i sat there with a beer and watched a storm roll in. the bed was clean as were the sheets and pillows i always check(little ocd) I only have a few issues which is why my rating isn't higher. One my drain was very slow to go down. i dont take that long of a shower to have it be near the tops of my ankles , little nasty having standing water while im trying to get cleaned. The next is when i traveled it wasn't in high season yet they gave me a room right next to the elevator?, i heard it until i fell asleep and then a few times after.... I would have called to have my room changed but was only there one night and didn't want to bother. Overall a good stay. The staff at front were also very nice.

Room Tip: request a room not near the elevator ,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Naples, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Naples. I certainly hope during your next trip to Naples you will stay with us and the storms will be less frequent and the room will be far from the elevators. I assure you we have quiet rooms throughout the hotel that would help make your stay more enjoyable!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

As you walk in the staff greets you with a smile, I had the special Florida resident package which included a great breakfast. They recommended the Swan River Fish restaurant which is a great place to eat. I used the pool which was nice and clean. The Bistro is an ok place to have a quick dinner and a nice breakfast. The menu is a little bit on the small site, however it’s ok.
One problem in the bistro, which I pointed out to the staff, is when they gave me the bottle of ketchup the bottle insides top was very dirty, the ketchup bottle cap was hard to get off because it was disgusting looking with old ketchup caked on. I found this problem with several bottles. This is a no no. The staff was busy watching TV instead of paying attention to the customers, they never came over to ask how the food was, burger overcooked, nor did they clear the table when we finished eating. I finally cleared the table myself.
Overall the place is ok, the bottom of some of the quest rooms looks like they have been beaten up, and even the bathroom door in my room was beaten up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Naples, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are delighted that you chose to stay here with us while traveling to Naples, Florida. Thank you for your input and observations regarding the Bistro Café and the guest rooms. We will certainly address the issues and during your next stay with us you will notice the improvements. Again, it is our pleasure to have you as our guest.
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

During our holidays in Florida we decided that we want to visit Naples as well. This hotel had been recommended to us, we decided to give it a try, and we were not disappointed.
First and foremost the staff should be mentioned. They were great; they bent over backwards to accomodate our wishes and they were always incredibly helpful. There was no fridge in the room, we asked for one, five minutes later we had our own fridge. We needed another hotel for our next stay, they did not rest until they had found us a great reservation; so the staff was a great boon to the hotel already.
The rooms were nice and spacious, fairly clean, very quiet and with very good beds. Pool area was also good, not too big and not too small, just the right size for a quick dip.
Also the hotel was conveniently located, it was just a couple of minutes to the next beach, to the center of Naples and to good restaurant.
Only thing we were not too impressed about was the breakfast, since this has been outsourced.
But we enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to prolong our stay, again something that was quickly and efficiently sorted out by the reception,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Naples, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your stay in Naples, and hope if your travels bring you back to the United States and Naples, you will once again choose to stay with us.
We make every effort to assist our guest no matter what their request, and we are so happy that you recognized this during your stay.
The restaurant is run by our hotel, and although its concept is relatively new, we pride ourselves on the healthy options we offer to our guests and the happy hour we serve daily from 5 -7 pm.
I assure you on your next visit the Bistro will measure up to your expectations.
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just got back from my weekend retreat at the Courtyard Marriott Naples, and as usual, I left feeling rejuvenated, rested and happier than when I arrived.I've come here many times for a weekend getaway from Boca Raton and it is a great location to explore Naples and the gulf coast. The staff is genuinely friendly,very helpful, and accommodating. Angela was her usual helpful self, friendly and kind. Anneris was great at getting my room ready for me. Carla in the cafe was so much fun to talk to, and the food was so good at the cafe, that I missed my reservation at the Italian restaurant nearby (oops) I will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Naples, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
The entire staff at The Courtyard by Marriott Naples is very appreciative of your loyalty to our hotel.! It is a delight to have you as a guest and we look forward to a return visit very soon.

Been to Courtyard Naples? Share your experiences!