We just spent 7 days at the Ritz Carlton Naples... and this experience will now be the gold standard by which we measure other hotel stays in the future.
If you want heaven on earth - folks, this is the place.
I don't know what was better - the facility - or the impeccable, no-attitude, unobtrusive, helpful service.
My husband golfed at the Naples Tiburon course and loved it. I visited the spa for a facial (Kathy is fantastic) and also for a manicure/pedicure. The spa is everything you would want it to be, peaceful and elegant.
This hotel is located perfectly. You can see the beach and water from most every room. The balconies are small, but adequate for sitting outside with two people to read the paper or just sit and look out at the magnificent view.
There are two pools. Both were quiet... even the kids pool was well managed.
There was live music every day at the resort, either a singer by the pool (loved it) - or every day/evening in the tastefully decorated, elegant lobby. Usually someone was playing the piano in the lobby. There is high-tea daily in the lobby. We liked to sit in the lobby when we returned to the resort after having dinner in downtown Naples. Guests tended to sit quietly having coffee and tea later in the evening in the lobby.
The room was clean and beautifully decorated. We got housekeeping service twice daily. The turndown service was nice and included chocolates, the room dimmed and classical music turned on softly and set a nice atmosphere. If I was to post a "wish list" for the room - double sinks in the bathroom would have been nice and the towels were not very plush for a resort of this prestige.
Also - for some reason, Verizon Wireless phones do not work in the rooms. (My AT&T Iphone did work). But Verizon Wireless works elsewhere in the resort.
Do be aware that valet parking is mandatory. You cannot self-park your car and they do charge you $25/day to do this. We were initially annoyed, but they did a very good job of having our car waiting and accommodating us in many ways with the valet parking. The valet guys were incredibly nice and there were many of them. When they see you pull up, they approach every door of the vehicle and you are nicely taken care of.
We didn't realize it until the third day, but there is complimentary coffee and tea each morning outside the Terrace Restaurant - which is at beach level. That was nice to discover. Also there is complimentary drinks (I think it is mango juice and also lemonade) in the lobby during the day.
There is a nice shop at lobby level that sells gelato - many flavors and designer chocolates. Also another lobby shop sells newspapers and other necessities.
We did not eat at all of the restaurants. We ate twice at Gumbo Limbo, which I highly recommend. You can see the beach and water, you eat outdoors and the food is very good and not super-pricey. We also ate at the pool - similar food to Gumbo Limbo, but smaller menu.
The real winner at this hotel is the staff. We travel a lot. We have never experienced such helpful, kind, perfectly mannered staff. Other hotels should send their staff here for training!
And lastly, there is nothing stuffy about this Ritz Carlton. My husband hates stuffy, hovering, overbearing haughty service at hotels. This Ritz Carlton was not like that at all. They got it just right.
We highly recommend.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Hotel Naples
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Hotel
- Naples Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Naples
- Ritz Naples
- Ritz-Carlton Naples
- Naples Ritz-Carlton
- Naples Ritz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the pristine white sands of Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, The Ritz-Carlton, Naples is a Five Star, Four Diamond beach resort that appeals to today’s sophisticated traveler with an array of pampering amenities. With stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico, the resort offers a variety of innovative dining experiences, a luxurious, 51,000 square-foot world class spa, two heated pools, a high tech entertainment lounge, an interactive environmental children’s program and a wide selection of beach activities and water sports. Only three miles from the beach resort and accessible by a convenient hotel shuttle, the 295-room Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort is ranked as the #1 golf resort in Florida by Conde Nast Traveler magazine and as one of the 15 best luxury golf resorts in North America by Golf Digest. The golf resort is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses at Tiburon and hosts the annual PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.