My family-husband, 3 kids ages 6-10 and parents spent the week at the Ritz for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful vacation. The highlight of this property is the grounds. The pools are beautiful, grounds perfectly manicured and beach is great. I gave this a four star rating and not a 5 star rating because the rooms are a bit tired and dated. That said, I would definitely go back and are planning our next trip.
Some highlights-Gumbo Limbo-is the most beautiful place to have dinner, literally on the beach front, watching the sun set. They have heaters to keep you warm and the food is amazingly good for a beach restaurant with lots of fresh fish options. We also ate at the grill (just my husband and I for our anniversary) and it was top-notch, amazing service. Also, the lobby restaurant is outstanding with live music every night and a beautfitul christmas tree the say after Thanksgiving-great wine selection. We really didn't even need to rent a car.
Service was great. We had a bump in the road upon check in, but the rooms manager was nice enough to get that fixed for us-I believe her name was Sandra? Sorry, I can't remember.
Also, I worked out every day and Mayvis was a doll!! Love her, always smiling, super helpful. Made me want to work out in the morning. Chelsea was great with the kids. She did a great job, but we have been to other resorts that had a better selection of kids activities during the day. Some were great-the football game, tug of war, tie-dye shirts and sand craft-but needed a few more better options, especially during a huge family week like that. I also wished the Wonders program could be for an hour or two-I didn't want to have to check my kdis in for the entire morning-but they would have loved to be able to partake in the feeding of the animals, etc.
One other person to mention was Malcom (again, I may not be getting this right) but he works at the family pool and was extremely attentive and always very helpful about getting us chairs.
Overall, the restaurants are great, service is great, grounds are beautiful, gym is great, spa (we had pedicures) was great..only areas for improvement are the rooms need updating and the kids activities need to be a bit better thought out for busy weeks like that-and be able to participate in some of the activities at Wonder without having to check in for a 3 hour time period.
We will be back...
if you go, make sure to have a few meals at gumbo limbo-get there about 45 min prior to sunset and also we rented a deckboat from the marina-highly recommend that for a family-there is a great beach you can take the boat to for a picnic.
oh one other person to mention--the beach attendant from south africa-super friendly and provided great service!!
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Hotel Naples
- Naples Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Naples
- Ritz Naples
- Ritz-Carlton Naples
- Naples Ritz-Carlton
- Naples Ritz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the pristine white sands of Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast, The Ritz-Carlton, Naples is a Five Star, Four Diamond beach resort that appeals to today’s sophisticated traveler with an array of pampering amenities. With stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico, the resort offers a variety of innovative dining experiences, a luxurious, 51,000 square-foot world class spa, two heated pools, a high tech entertainment lounge, an interactive environmental children’s program and a wide selection of beach activities and water sports. Only three miles from the beach resort and accessible by a convenient hotel shuttle, the 295-room Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort is ranked as the #1 golf resort in Florida by Conde Nast Traveler magazine and as one of the 15 best luxury golf resorts in North America by Golf Digest. The golf resort is home to a pair of 18-hole signature Greg Norman golf courses at Tiburon and hosts the annual PGA TOUR Franklin Templeton Shootout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Olotels, getaroom.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.