“Didn't quite do it for us - read some useful detail below” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Naples Grande Beach Resort

You added Naples Grande Beach Resort to your Saves list
Naples Grande Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   475 Seagate Drive, Naples, FL 34103 (Formerly Waldorf Astoria Naples) (North Naples)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 nightly resort credit
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Naples
London, United Kingdom
“Didn't quite do it for us - read some useful detail below”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I'm an honest reviewer and never review on a personal bad experience, it messes with an owners hard work. I rarely give a 3, but I'm struggling with more here even though this is a really nice hotel, with good staff. It really is nice,with many returning customers. Here's why:

- the beach is a 12-15 minute walk from the hotel. We knew this, we have stayed before. There are golf buggies to take you to the beach (see below), which all sounds fine. But in practice if you want to go to the beach it's a bit of a nuisance. We like to mix the pool and beach and this was a hassle. Think carefully before booking, especially if you have small children. We are very fit people and it became a pain. If you forget something, which I did, it took me over an hour before I sat down!
- the beach buggies are meant to run every 4-5 minutes. This never happened, ever. It was 10 minutes and on a busy Sunday the queues were 20+ minutes. They need to have better timing and service to the hotel.
- beach costs: if costs and money are not important to you, this won't worry you. you get a sunbed at the beach as a hotel guest, great, but an umbrella is over $30 per day when you add in tax and tip. Small cabanas more (bigger umbrella). They offer a special package of king loungers, 2 umbrellas and a water sport all for over $180 (inc tax and tip) a day!! They really could do with a drinks service on the beach.
- food: at the beach it's not great. Buy a sandwich anywhere and it will be better. The pool food was better, but expensive for what it was. Expected. Good for convenience. Breakfast was very good, $140 for four people.
- we had lots of problems with our billing, hotel package etc. I wouldn't stay for this reason alone. In my view they still owe me money and I'm bored of trying to get it and discussing it.
- nice gym, but no air con?? Why on earth would you not have air con.
- general: could do with more elevators; self parking at $15 a day is not great; closing the pool twice in the afternoon for conference visitors is poor. This needs to be thought through.

Whilst we wouldn't stay here again, there are plenty of positives if you want a nice hotel in Naples, there were plenty of returning guests.
- the rooms have been nicely decorated recently. All new, decent size too. Nice beds and patio furniture. TVs good, bathrooms lovely and products nice. Room safe (though it's been placed at 5'6" to 6' high, why??!!) and a fridge. Really useful (cvs is 2 mins away stock up with water). A coffee machine, but no good for anyone that likes coffee.... Plenty of storage.
- views: the views from higher floors are nice. I prefer the north side of the building. Less sun in the day and nicer view of the water, less buildings in front of you. Nice size balcony too. I asked on check in for this and got the wrong side, they then refused to move us. Busy apparently.
- pool: the pool is great for kids, a slide that kept them entertained for hours. Large and plenty of loungers and towels (both free). There is a nice adult pool too. A kids club, $49, operates too. We didn't use it but seems ok. Cocktails were nice, $12-15 each. They closed the pool twice at 4pm, not ideal if you are staying a few days.
- common areas are very nice and there are hundreds of seats for various occasions. The bar is really nice and spacious. A real plus.. Breakfast is in a nice area, whist a little expensive was good. Reception is lovely. Shop seems ok, expensive. Took 20 minutes to buy a stamp, so don't be in a hurry.
- gym: the gym is excellent, lots of quality machines, some water (ran out twice), towels and TVs. Spa looks nice but didn't use it.
- staff: we found the staff overall to be very nice and helpful. I was helped out a few times and nothing bad to say. The only issue is one of my problems isn't sorted, but I've given up. Breakfast staff were excellent.
- property : really nicely kept property and gardens

If you like the pool; money isn't too much of an issue; and you like newer style hotels, most of my concerns won't worry you, for you this review is a 4 out of 5. It is nice. For us, the issues with the beach/buggies; the issues with putting us in the wrong room/package problems; and the other concerns above are enough for us not to go back.

Room Tip: North side, high up
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It is a beautiful property, very nice rooms and quality restaurants in the main area. The staff is friendly and helpful. I thought the pool areas were average at best for a nice property like this. The walk the beach on the board walk was quite nice and beautiful. The beach restaurant is Greek and the food is average. The free towels and chairs at the beach was nice, although I could have been spared being upsold on how they were running specials everyday to get you to spend money on nicer chairs and umbrellas. We enjoyed our stay overall.

Having run a business where full disclosure of charges is not only common, but required, I have a hard time with how this hotel conducts business. We drove up to check in and were informed there would be a $25 per day parking charge. No problem if it was disclosed on our confirmation document, but it was not. I have a real problem with the small percentage of hotels who conceal their parking fees until you arrive. the parking is $15 if you do not park valet. That is just a sneaky and bad way to conduct business. WARNING: the main hotel elevator does not go down to the parking level. You must carry your luggage up one flight of stairs before you hit the lobby elevator. Or you can pay the valet to move your stuff up to your room. Those 2 unexpected first impression occurrences did not sit well with me. I threatened to leave and check into the Ritz which had openings. The front desk manager was very nice and credited my parking fees. I had no problem paying the parking fees if they were on my confirmation. I had a problem with the lack of full disclosure.

I received an envelop delivered by FEDX to the hotel. At checkout, there was a $10 fee on my bill for them to receive my package. REALLY? $10 to receive an envelope. Nickel and dime me to death.

Overall, a nice experience and a 4 star property. Management should read these reviews in an effort to improve how they conduct business.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view that is close to the water, not at the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Central Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

From the moment we checked in we knew this would be quite a nice experience. Attentive and knowledgeable staff quickly checked us in and answered questions we had regarding accommodations. The room was quite spacious, newly renovated, clean and had a fantastic view. The bluetooth connection to the stereo - for streaming music and making phone calls - was a welcome surprise.
We had dinner at the "Catch of the Pelican" - the seafood dishes we ordered were excellent.
By the way, the walk to/from the beach, through the mangroves, was a great way to start the day.
As a business traveler I have stayed in some great places over the years and I have to say that this was certainly among the top experiences.
Will certainly visit again at the first opportunity.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Donna C, Executive Office at Naples Grande Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
KJ thank you so much for your kind review, it was really great to hear that you had an enjoyable visit and I couldn't agree more that a walk on the boardwalk first thing is a really great way to start the day. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your time and albeit for business, we hope to see you again, perhaps for a little R&R this time.

Regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is beautiful and in great location. Staff is very friendly. David, the guy in the front desk gave us a great service and was very helpful and kind. The kids loved the pool, the game room, and of course the ride on the gulf car that takes people to the beach. They were so excited! Also, another thing that amazed us was that they fix the room more than once a day, which is great! We can't wait to go again.....

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback on this wonderful site. It was great to hear you had a good time but even better to hear the children enjoyed their time with us! David is really a great member of our team and we will be sure to share your compliments with him. Being from Miami we do hope to see you more often and if I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Donna Cox.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend for a work conference / reward travel.

The hotel is very nice, the bell hops and front desk are helpful and great to deal with.

The hotel looks great, has a shuttle to the beach, has a nice spa, a workout center and multiple pools and dining options.

The food and drinks are relatively expensive but not much more than you would expect in a resort hotel in Florida.

I recommend this hotel if you want to spend a bunch of money for a great place or if you can get your company to pay for the trip.

There is a Keurig single cup maker in the room and the room we stayed in had a separate whirlpool tub and shower. Our room had a great balcony and was very nicely furnished.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It was great to hear you got to accompany your girlfriend while she attended a meeting here and we were very pleased to hear you had a good time. Perhaps if you come back on a vacation you may be able to enjoy a little more of what we offer and I am always happy to assist in making any arrangements.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff at this resort hotel were always available. Francis, our Bellman, has been with the hotel for 10 years and was extremely helpful upon our arrival. The location of this hotel is perfect for us as it is not downtown and located a short distance from all of our favorite places, with only a short drive either way - North or South.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool and the Gulf
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Mary thank you for your continued loyalty to our property and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We will be sure to share your compliments with Francis, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

PROS:
Newly renovated and spacious rooms

Great coastal and gulf views from the rooms

Beach access

Multiple pools

Great food at the many restaurants and bars

Awesome customer service (thanks David/Heidi/Amber from front desk, Liz from pool bar, and Dohl/Heidi/Diana/Daisy from Spa)

Beautiful spa with organic products, private pool/spa/sauna, meditation loung, and fresh food (Spa has amenities for men and women and salon can service kids and adults 8 and up

Close to shopping and other restaurants

Excellent conference facilities and ballroom

Beautiful lobby

Hotel has a kids club with activities for an added charge

Wi-Fi in room (included in resort fee)

CONS:
The rooms can be rather expensive and the higher you go, the better the view (hotel has 18 floors)

Fine dining is terrific, but the prices of all the restaurants and bars are very expensive

The beach access is not that close (due to protected Preserve), but they have a tram that takes you free of charge

The hotel provides you with lounge chairs and towels at the beach and pool, but there is quite the added charge at the beach, $31 -$150, for umbrellas, cabanas, and queen loungers. The cabanas at the pool gives you loungers, TV, water, etc but at a hefty price of $275 for the day.

No alcohol is allowed on the beach

Depending on the season, you need to get to the beach or pool as early as possible to get a lounger

Bring water bottles to the beach, they don't really give you any.

They charge for valet service $25 and even to self-park $5 per day

OVERALL:
This resort has everything you need for a great time from romantic sunsets to a kids club. The customer service is OUTSTANDING! A special thanks to Amber Mooney for making my stay extra special.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a room on the upper floors as they have the best views. Try to ask for an...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your candid review. We really appreciate the manner in which you have listed both the pros and cons of your visit and we will be sure to review your comments with our Operations Staff. In addition, thank you for singling out some of the team that made your stay extra special, please be assured that they will be recognized for their efforts.

Been to Naples Grande Beach Resort? Share your experiences!