I'm an honest reviewer and never review on a personal bad experience, it messes with an owners hard work. I rarely give a 3, but I'm struggling with more here even though this is a really nice hotel, with good staff. It really is nice,with many returning customers. Here's why:
- the beach is a 12-15 minute walk from the hotel. We knew this, we have stayed before. There are golf buggies to take you to the beach (see below), which all sounds fine. But in practice if you want to go to the beach it's a bit of a nuisance. We like to mix the pool and beach and this was a hassle. Think carefully before booking, especially if you have small children. We are very fit people and it became a pain. If you forget something, which I did, it took me over an hour before I sat down!
- the beach buggies are meant to run every 4-5 minutes. This never happened, ever. It was 10 minutes and on a busy Sunday the queues were 20+ minutes. They need to have better timing and service to the hotel.
- beach costs: if costs and money are not important to you, this won't worry you. you get a sunbed at the beach as a hotel guest, great, but an umbrella is over $30 per day when you add in tax and tip. Small cabanas more (bigger umbrella). They offer a special package of king loungers, 2 umbrellas and a water sport all for over $180 (inc tax and tip) a day!! They really could do with a drinks service on the beach.
- food: at the beach it's not great. Buy a sandwich anywhere and it will be better. The pool food was better, but expensive for what it was. Expected. Good for convenience. Breakfast was very good, $140 for four people.
- we had lots of problems with our billing, hotel package etc. I wouldn't stay for this reason alone. In my view they still owe me money and I'm bored of trying to get it and discussing it.
- nice gym, but no air con?? Why on earth would you not have air con.
- general: could do with more elevators; self parking at $15 a day is not great; closing the pool twice in the afternoon for conference visitors is poor. This needs to be thought through.
Whilst we wouldn't stay here again, there are plenty of positives if you want a nice hotel in Naples, there were plenty of returning guests.
- the rooms have been nicely decorated recently. All new, decent size too. Nice beds and patio furniture. TVs good, bathrooms lovely and products nice. Room safe (though it's been placed at 5'6" to 6' high, why??!!) and a fridge. Really useful (cvs is 2 mins away stock up with water). A coffee machine, but no good for anyone that likes coffee.... Plenty of storage.
- views: the views from higher floors are nice. I prefer the north side of the building. Less sun in the day and nicer view of the water, less buildings in front of you. Nice size balcony too. I asked on check in for this and got the wrong side, they then refused to move us. Busy apparently.
- pool: the pool is great for kids, a slide that kept them entertained for hours. Large and plenty of loungers and towels (both free). There is a nice adult pool too. A kids club, $49, operates too. We didn't use it but seems ok. Cocktails were nice, $12-15 each. They closed the pool twice at 4pm, not ideal if you are staying a few days.
- common areas are very nice and there are hundreds of seats for various occasions. The bar is really nice and spacious. A real plus.. Breakfast is in a nice area, whist a little expensive was good. Reception is lovely. Shop seems ok, expensive. Took 20 minutes to buy a stamp, so don't be in a hurry.
- gym: the gym is excellent, lots of quality machines, some water (ran out twice), towels and TVs. Spa looks nice but didn't use it.
- staff: we found the staff overall to be very nice and helpful. I was helped out a few times and nothing bad to say. The only issue is one of my problems isn't sorted, but I've given up. Breakfast staff were excellent.
- property : really nicely kept property and gardens
If you like the pool; money isn't too much of an issue; and you like newer style hotels, most of my concerns won't worry you, for you this review is a 4 out of 5. It is nice. For us, the issues with the beach/buggies; the issues with putting us in the wrong room/package problems; and the other concerns above are enough for us not to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naples Grande Beach Resort is Southwest Florida's insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what's the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Naples Grande Spa and inventive dining options. It's also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Naples Grande Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples