We just returned from a 4-day stay at the Waldorf where our expectations of service were not even close to being met. Aside from the rooms needing a cosmetic update, their functionality and maintenance was oppressive. We reserved a bungalow which gives more of a condo feel, but the bathroom door wouldn't lock or close completely, our shower control was stuck on an unusable high heat (maintenance came out twice to address it and got it from scorching hot to cold and told us not to touch it because there was nothing they could do), and our A/C broke our first morning. They begrudgingly agreed to move us at 11 PM to the last available room in the tower and were still charged the bungalow rates since they couldn't adjust post-check-in. We weren't given a hotel credit, a complimentary breakfast or any sort of offer for our continued inconvenience and discomfort.
The nice thing about the property is the beach is clean, though as others have said, you pay a $30 resort fee for towels, I suppose, and $25 for a beach unbrella on top of that. There seem to be a lot of families and is very busy on the weekends. It's about 10-20 minutes from good local restaurants and the parking is free so that's also a plus. The rooms are large though outdated and rooms were pretty quiet given the sell-out crowd. The spa is great. A few of the staff we interacted with were also friendly, in particular Tonia at the Concierge desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naples Grande Beach Resort is Southwest Florida's insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what's the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Naples Grande Spa and inventive dining options. It's also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Naples Grande Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples