I was pretty excited to attend a conference that was planned at a Waldorf. Having recently stayed at the Orlando Waldorf at Bonnet Creek, I was expecting something similar. I was disappointed. While there is a gorgeous lobby and common area, the room was definitely not a traditional, high end Waldorf type room. Bed was comfortable, sheets were nice, but everything could use an update. I have heard that there is a new owner and that there will be a significant upgrade in the next year. If so, I will look forward to visiting again.
My biggest complaint is that this is a hotel that hosted a convention but without any of the traditional conference services. I actually had to go to the back of the hotel package room and pull out my own 75 lb conference case and lug it to the conference area with NO ASSISTANCE. So a woman in heels was forced to pull this out herself while the bellman (not sure if he was a bellman) watched. This isn't the kind of service I was expecting.
I had room service one night and it was great, breakfast downstairs the next morning was also good, but a little pricey.
I'd definitely stay again, the service was good except for the conference package issue, the property just needs a facelift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naples Grande Beach Resort is Southwest Florida's insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what's the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Naples Grande Spa and inventive dining options. It's also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Loews Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Naples Grande Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples