The hotel is located within a beautiful residential area and is close to restaurants and within walking distance of an upscale shopping mall. The grounds are beautiful and the lobby area is very chic and modern, but cold and unwelcoming. Our room on the 9th floor was spacious, with a large balcony and great view of the city and a glimpse of the gulf waters between the condos in the distance, but once again, the décor was chic but uninviting. However, the marble bathroom was spacious and had a large garden tub and a separate shower. It also included a safe, mini fridge, and coffee maker. The room wasn’t as clean as I expected it to be. There was dust on the headboard of the bed, and in the dresser drawers, plus I found several dark hairs around the sink and near the tub.
This property has a lovely terrace area and the pools are very nice. The gym is large with the usual cardio equipment and weights in addition to a steam room and shower facilities.
This hotel is not a beach front property. The beach is actually a 15 minute brisk walk from the pool area. There were golf cart shuttles constantly running between the beach and the hotel, but we noticed there were often lines of people waiting to take the shuttle back from the beach. Still if you don’t mind walking, there is a beautiful, shaded boardwalk between the beach and the hotel.
I would rate customer service at this property as only average though the lady working at the transportation and activities desk, the young men working the beach rental area, and the Sunday evening bartender all provided excellent service, excluding those three areas, the overall customer service was just O.K.
I’d heard so much about the Waldorf-Astoria brand and was looking forward to our stay. Sadly, I have to say that this hotel did not live up to my expectations of the Waldorf-Astoria resorts and I was disappointed with our visit. Nevertheless, it is located in a gorgeous area of Naples, FL, the beach is beautiful, the grounds are lovely, and if I could get a good rate, I would probably stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naples Grande Beach Resort is Southwest Florida's insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what's the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Naples Grande Spa and inventive dining options. It's also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Naples Grande Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples