“Great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Naples Grande Beach Resort

You added Naples Grande Beach Resort to your Saves list
Naples Grande Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   475 Seagate Drive, Naples, FL 34103 (Formerly Waldorf Astoria Naples) (North Naples)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The staff was great! The beach was awesome! The room smelled musty. loved the bathroom - great shower! The room was large and the balcony was nice. It seems the furniture needs some updating. The pillows are to soft.
The front desk staff was very nice and assisted with dinner plans.
The parking was weird. We parked in the garage and then had to go up the stairs to get to the elevator. I guess they really want you to valet park.
The staff at the beach were very accommodating which made the beach very enjoyable. It was so nice to see the adult only pool!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hunter H, General Manager at Naples Grande Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Catherine, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you had a great time, however, I am concerned to hear that your bathroom smelled musty. We do hope you will view this as an isolated matter and that we will ensure our housekeeping team are addressing it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
BelleRiver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. My mother, 8 month old son and I stayed in a suite on the first floor. I requested a room on the second floor at reservation. When we arrived I was told the crib could not be brought upstairs. It was LATE and I therefore settled. When we arrived I noticed one dead dried up worm...Disgusting. I thought don't over react. Clean it up...your on the first floor. I looked around "the suite" apparently not good enough because in the morning I saw at least 5 moving worms and a few more dead ones. Shortly after taking a shower I saw a large cockroche in the room. Maintenence came confirmed it was a cockroche and not palmetto bug. I therefore, packed my things, picked my sleeping child up and went to check out. Where the unprofessional service personal at the front desk had the nerve to comment "what do you expect..you are in the wilderness". Hardly what I would call the wilderness after I valet parked my car!! Needless to say they didn't want to give me my money back and I had to speak to several people before it was resolved. I would never recommend or stay at this dirty, overated, hotel. I get sick even thinking about my experience there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Lisa, I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies for this experience. The manner in which it was handled was unacceptable and I will certainly address this with my Management team. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
Greensboro, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I will admit right now that I did not read many reviews of this property before we visited. Normally I do. So, I will not go into too much detail as many others have probably covered the basics. Make sure to read the bottom of review to see what we LOVED about our stay - and what we think you will, too!

First, we had two rooms. The first was a double in the main tower, 8th floor. Rather spacious although an odd, angular floor plan (corners were in weird spots and made for wasted space, but still spacious room). The water pressure was very high (as in stinging at times, but I am all for water pressure so no complaints here). Room was clean, but balcony was not and overall the hotel had a feeling of needing to be maintained better.

The second room was a Bungalow Suite. It was very private and quiet with it's own pool and parking is super close. The bathroom was updated and we LOVED the shower with ceiling shower head and high pressure hand held shower. BUT, the rest of it needs help. First, three separate light fixtures were not working. Second, there is a major caterpillar problem - as in 20+ a day! We called to let them know and they came by to spray. We also noticed them (dead) under the curtains and asked that they send someone to vacuum the perimeter of the room. We made this request 3 separate ways (call, note in room and stopping by front desk). It was never done. It was not a health issue; more of a nuisance, really.

Now, for the praise!!! The beach cabana staff (those guys who set you up with chairs, towels and water sports...) they KNOW how to provide 5 star service! My husband and I felt like the beach staff was the only group of employees that provided exemplary service - consistently! Our first day, we got to the beach in the afternoon and they greeted us and shared their special of a Beach Bed, two sand chairs, a table, two umbrellas and a cooler of ice along with kayaking or paddle boarding! We decided to reserve a spot for the following day and were so glad we did. We were out on the beach from 10am-6pm and had shade the entire day, ice to add to our drinks (and keep our bottled waters cold) and were close to the food and drinks! They came out and moved our umbrellas whenever we asked and constantly offered assistance. Every time we interacted with them, they would ask if there was anything else they could do for us. And, their parting reply would be something like, "It is our pleasure". (that is not the correct quote, but you get the idea). I felt like we were at a competitive hotel (without naming names) that is synonymous with 5 star service. Look for Luke (the manager who impressed us by working right along side his team of employees), Dylan and Devin - all who helped us out the most!

Other things we enjoyed? We had three kids and they LOVED the watermelon eating contest (complete with prizes!!!!) and the Sandy Candy at the pool for $5 each. In fact, they have a couple crafts going each day and we were impressed. Some are a bit pricier ($20 for a tie dyed shirt - but the colors were SO amazing that we considered making Night Shirts), but many were $5-10. AND, do not miss the Ice Cream Social if you are there that day! $2 scoops of ice cream and a toppings bar that you get to do yourself! While my daughter wanted ice cream with the works (M&M's, gummy bears, cookies, hot fudge and caramel, etc) I wanted a little candy. And, they said no problem! So, for $2 each, we got a little sweet tooth craving taken care of! It was a bargain and such a nice idea for the kids! Thank you WAN for that one!

Overall, we would stay again because of the beach experience, but we would want rooms in the main hotel until they fixe the caterpillar issue (just thinking, maybe there is not a problem in the 2nd floor bungalows.....Hmmm....worth asking if you are thinking about that type of room.) And, we will eat at Sophia's for Italian again, as well! WOW!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Amy, Thank you kindly for your review. We appreciate the time in which you have taken to list the pros and cons of your visit and were pleased to hear that overall we performed well. We will certainly share your comments regarding the caterpillar issue with our property operations office to ensure that it is addressed immediately. We hope you will accept our sincere apologies that you had to experience it in the first place. Thank you again.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Wonderful and very friendly staff. The aging room furnishings are made up for by excellent service and staff. I was down on business and must say I didn't make much use of the pool etc so I cannot speak to that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your compliments. We appreciate you sharing your experience on this wonderful site.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This property is a real mixed bag. The public areas are beautiful and first class. The rooms are less impressive and not everything they should be. For instance, the bathroom is large and has one of the biggest combination shower/tub you will find. However, they top it off with a cheap shower curtain that looks like a Hampton inn leftover and the shower head has years of sediment caked on it. Similarly, there is a large double sink vanity over which is a cheap lighting unit that is something one would find in a cheap motel. The room is large and equipped with modern technology. That is topped off with stained carpet, banged up walls that need a coat of fresh paint and furniture with peeling fabric. From a room standpoint, they should be doing better and could bring this property up to a higher ranking with a little attention and minimal expense.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brad, thank you for your honest feedback on your recent visit with us, I apologize for the delay in my response to your post. I wondered if it may be possible for you to send via private message your room number as it appears to need some attention. My assistant Donna will probably be the best to send it to at donna.cox@waldorfastoria.com

Please accept our apologies for this experience.
Brookfield, CT, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

A great hotel! Beautiful location with an ocean beach and multiple swimming pools with waterslide and watere falls. Gorgeous. Safe. Easy to locate. Warm and friendly staff. Beautiful lobby. Fun for vising kids and complimentary iced coffee at mid afternoon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Nina thank you for kind words! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

What made our trips (3 so far) to this facility special was the courteous attention paid to us by Bricen. He went out of his way each time to make sure everything was as it should be. Other employees on the front were not as helpful. He is a true asset to your corporation.

Room Tip: All rooms have beautiful views.