We spent 6 nights at the Waldorf in Naples, Florida. I'd read the reviews on Trip Advisor so not quite sure what to expect. We've stayed as a couple at 5 star resorts in Mexico and Thailand but never at a Waldorf. Have to say I was pleased about the whole experience. We booked on-line through an agent and got good prices for a partial gulf view with a king-bed. The check in staff were efficient and helpful, just to advise that they take $100 per day off a credit card as a deposit when you check in - not just a swipe of the card.
The room was large with a really comfortable king size bed and balcony overlooking the pool. Fridge with coffee making facilities, glasses/cups/ice bucket/safe - usual things. Nice plush robes were in the closet. The bathroom was great - big bath, shower and double sinks with large make-up mirror.
The pool was quiet whilst we were there and we had no problems finding a sun-bed. Towels are provided at a pool-side kiosk which has a water with lemon dispenser (nice touch). There is a small bar there which serves drinks/snacks. The beach is a walk away down a stable boardwalk but you can catch the golf carts that go up and down regularly. The beach is very shelly and was busy the day we went. Waldorf guests are provided with a bed with a matress and towels. Umbrellas are about $25 a day (inc. tax). The beach bar does get really busy but the service was quick once we ordered our food.
As you might expect the drinks at the Waldorf were expensive, we were charged $27 for two Long Island Iced Teas. But thats the norm at 4/5 star hotels. The buffet breakfast let the Waldorf down a bit I thought. There was no egg station that I could see and there wasn't a huge amount of choice, however the food that was on the buffet was fine. I would have just liked a bit more choice in items for the price we paid ($47 for two breakfasts with coffee).
We parked in the self serve car-park which was fine for us so I can't comment on the valet parking.
So all in all we enjoyed our stay at the Waldorf. All staff were polite and helpful. The Waldorf was easy to find and a good base for us to explore the area. The Naples trolley stops at the resort but we had the car so used that to get around. We went to the Silverspot cinema a couple of times for a movie and dinner combo and had a great time. Also we went to a local minor league baseball match to watch the Miracles play Dunedin and had a great evening. Tin City shops and the Cheesecake Factory restaurant were both great to visit and we've put Naples and the Waldorf down on our list of places we'd go back to.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldorf Astoria Naples is Southwest Florida’s insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what’s the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Waldorf Astoria Spa and inventive dining options. It’s also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.