Visited in January 2013.
The Good: check in was friendly and courtious, they had our room ready (we checked in after 5pm so that wasnt a concern). there is a resort fee, but it includes internet so not a big deal and it is published on their website. We were given two free wine tickets upon check in which was very nice suprise.
Gulf facing Room was very clean, and there was a compliemtary fruit basket on the desk. the walkout balcony was terrific, great place to have the friut. the bathroom is pretty amazing with soaker tub and huge stand alone shower all marble tiled. double sinks were nice. high end ammenities.
the pool area is tremendous with two pools (one for adults only). there is a pool bar but I didnt use it. We took the clam pass behind the pools which has a 3/4 mile walk to the beach. there are multiple shuttles if you dont want to walk. the beach is amazing, white sand and an area where you can get chairs and lounge around if you like.
On to the areas that could use improvement. The bed was a bit saggy and I would think that maybe it was time for a replacement. Clock dimmer left the clock either too bright or unreadable at night (this seems to be a hilton problem chainwide).
Breakfast buffet was a bit of a disappointment. the eggs had clearly dried out and there was no chef on duty to make omlets. for the price we would have been better ordering fresh food from the kitchen rather than the buffet. I would recommend giving it a quick glance before making the decision to get it.
Wait service was great, waitress refilled all beverages without us having to ask her and cleared the plates. I think the staff at this hotel really go out of their way to make sure guests have a pleasent stay, the room for improvements should be addressed but in no way will keep me from staying here again. this is a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Naples Grande Beach Resort is Southwest Florida's insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what's the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Naples Grande Spa and inventive dining options. It's also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Naples Grande Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples