I stayed here for a week in early January 2013 for some R&R from the damp, dark English winter. The weather was glorious, and overall I had a nice time. The building is a bit old (60s or 70s build, I'd say) and it has not been a Waldorf for long, but the refurbished areas are fine.
Good things: good location (you can walk to the mall), well-kept grounds, free self-parking, attractive public areas especially the entrance atrium, friendly and attentive staff (on the whole), comfortable bed in a very spacious room and three pools.
Gripes: I know it was the holiday season which is peak season for families, but when booking I had taken comfort from the fact that there was a pool allegedly dedicated for "quiet relaxation" by adults.
Unfortunately the families who dominated the hotel took no notice of this and the supposedly "quiet' pool was full of screaming, splashing children (as well as some screaming adults - I don't know what part of "No Diving" people don't understand) despite the fact that the family pool (three times the size) was available.
Several appeals to the hotel staff to sort this out fell on deaf ears. I was twice promised attention from the hotel manager but it never arrived.
In the end the self-made solutions turned out to be (1) the lap pool, which is separate from the two main pools and was a lot quieter, and (2) the end of the holidays. I'll know better than to travel that week next year.
Is it too much to ask for a quiet life?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldorf Astoria Naples is Southwest Florida’s insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what’s the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Waldorf Astoria Spa and inventive dining options. It’s also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples