“4 Star Hotel with 5 Star Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50/Night Resort Reward
Ranked #33 of 58 hotels in Naples
Waterloo
“4 Star Hotel with 5 Star Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here from November 10 - 15 as part of a small conference and would stay here again when in Naples. Was a little concerned after reading reviews but did not hear a single complaint from any of our 150+ attendees.

Yes some parts of the hotel are a little tired (parking garage, some of the exterior stucco, hallway/room carpets etc...) but nothing offensive. Occasioanlly hot water not very hot.

What makes this hotel so terrific is the staff. Staff are the best of any hotel or resort I have stayed at. We were blown away and this was the consistent opion of our group. GM is to be commended for achieving such a high level of service.

Lobby, restaurants, bars, are excellent 5 stars. Great spaces that allowed for multiple functions without tripping oiver each other.

Pool area and beach are really nice with great spaces for those with or without kids.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to the Naples area. Great for business, couples or families.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WaldorfAstoriaNaples, Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator at Waldorf Astoria Naples, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. I apologize for the items noted that need touching up, and am happy to let you know that we are starting to redo the parking garages early next week. We constantly look for areas that we can improve and are happy to continuously make our resort the best choice for our guests both vacationers and business groups alike. I appreciate your kind comments and will share it with our team. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we truly hope to welcome you back very soon!

1,614 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent three nights for a business conference.

Here are the highs:
7) Strip steakhouse on site
8) free parking

Lows:
1) the hotel needs some updating in the rooms (I stayed in 621) and pool
2) poor elevator layout from the perspective of the garage to the lobby and hotel rooms
3) beds were a bit stiff
4) shower water got warm but not hot
5) it just misses at living up to the Waldorff brand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of your comments, both good and bad, but are disappointed to hear that we fell short of your expectations. Every single staff member here strives to surprise and delight each guest who walks through our doors. Although we did not accomplish this at every turn, we are proud to hear that you enjoyed your conference, the food, views, boardwalk and more. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me in the future should you need assistance with reservations. It would be my pleasure to personally ensure a top-notch stay.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the property because it was selected by our group for their annual meeting.
The entrance was glamorous and very inviting. The rooms were nice with some decent views.
I felt for a Waldorf Astoria property that it was lacking in some areas. I think the hotel was just acquired by the Hilton group. The carpets in some places were stained. the maid service forgot to replace some of the amenities a couple of times..the shower door was leaking onto the floor..It just seemed that the hotel was not up to the Waldorf Standard...I would rate it as a Hilton or Marriott property, but not as a Waldorf.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hunter H, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Naples, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review! Although were pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially the spa, we were concerned to hear about the shower and some carpet stains. If you could please let us know what room number you were in, we would like to get this remedied immediately, please accept our apologies. Please email me directly at hunter.hansen@walforfastroria.com and I will personally address. We do hope that you and your company return in the future.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend for 3 nights. We stayed in the Bungalows which are bigger than a standard room but not in the main part of the hotel. The room is a suite with a large bedroom and large living room and patio. Our bungalow was not a great one as it was next to the tennis courts and didn't feel very private. Also our patio had only shade; no sun. Love the size of the bungalows though, lots of room to move around. We were here with a large group from my husbands company and this is the 4th year in a row that we have stayed here. We did notice this year that they are trying to "Waldorf" the hotel a little better in terms of service. There was a lot more attention to detail on many things in the hotel such as the pool deck (more umbrellas and waiter and waitress service). However, the housekeeping was not great. Our room was not that clean. Hairs on the bathroom floor (not ours), dirt by the front door that was never swept up. The food was excellent at breakfast at Aura. Expensive but delicious. The lobby bar is beautiful and fun to hang out at. We rented a cabana at the pool for the first time and that was fun. The beach is beautiful and the chairs are very comfy with the cushions. You can walk there very easily which my husband and I do or take a golf cart ride that is always going back and forth. All in all I would stay here again. They seem to really want to make it a Waldorf property.

Room Tip: If you want a view stay in the main hotel. If you have children; stay in a bungalow; lots more room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hunter H, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Naples, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such candid comments regarding your recent visit. We were happy to hear that you have seen some improvements since your last visit and we appreciate your compliments. With reference to the cleanliness of your guest room, this is absolutely unacceptable and we hope you will accept our apologies. We will most definitely share your comments with our Director of Housekeeping to ensure it is addressed immediately. We truly value your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Newark, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked the hotel months in advance and my flight was cancelled due to weather. I spent a good amount of time on phone to make hotel aware I as still coming just on later flight and didn't want to lose my reservation . When I arrived they told me I was a "no show" and there was nothing they could do. I explained to them that my flight was cancelled because of the weather and I had even called to confirm. Plus I had even told them to charge the room for the night I wasn't there just so I can check in early. They insisted they were absolutely booked and couldn't help me. I asked for a manger or someone to help me and they insisted there was nothing they could do. Then I pulled out my phone to show them the length of time I spent on the phone with their hotel and insisted that they correct the problem , which is when magically a room was available. They had a room all along but were not courteous enough to rectify their own mistakes until I became irate. Not to mention their computer system was down and couldn't offer any of the guests keys to the room. If someone wanted to leave they had to call the bellman to let them back in. Horrible service, and should be accommodating especially since I ended up paying for the room regardless for the night I didn't stay .
On a side note: the room service people were great and very pleasant. The food was bad- indelible and had to send it back and what I got in return was equally bad so I gave up and walked over a mile for some decent food.
My neighbor told me he too was told his reservation was cancelled and wouldn't offer him a room. He eventually got one but these mistakes shouldn't occur especially when the hotels are given notifications that their guest are stuck in a storm .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience. Clearly there was some kind of miscommunication with regard to your reservation and we are extremely sorry that this occurred. We can understand that travelling can be stressful enough, even without these types of incidents and we hope you will accept our apologies. We will address this with our front office manager so she can ensure it is handled appropriately. The manner in which we handle such situations can make all the difference and it is apparent that this particular situation was handled poorly. Once again our apologies.
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our family (we have four children between 6-12 years old) had a super stay at this hotel. We were there from October 30th for 3 nights. We were supposed to have been in Connecticut with friends but our trip there was cancelled because of Hurricane Sandy. The hotel were aware of our plight and still charged us fairly for our rooms (we had two spacious interconnecting rooms). Our rooms were spotless. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. In particular, Francis gave us great tips on where to take the children trick-or-treating for Halloween and Patricia on the Concierge Desk booked us into super restaurants, always going the extra mile to ensure we went to more 'local' restaurants (which was our wish) as opposed to the big chain style restaurants. The beach is a real treat with beautiful sunsets and the drivers of the little carts up and down the promenade were charming. The children loved the slide in the pool. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hunter H, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Naples, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We were sorry to hear that your plans to visit friends had to be cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy, but were pleased to hear that you ended up in Sunny and Warm Naples Florida, and of course with us! Francis and Patricia will be so pleased to hear that you enjoyed their suggestions for you and we will be sure to pass along your compliments. Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had such a great stay at the Waldorf Astoria Naples. The facilities are terrific. Loved the beach and the pool. The walk through the mangroves was great but there is a shuttle if you don't want the walk. It is a short drive to downtown to the 3rd Street and 5th Avenue areas and the Waterside shops are within walking distance for shopping or dining.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We were so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for sharing your comments with the trip advisor community. Don't be a stranger....Toledo gets cold but the weather is always perfect here in Naples!

Been to Waldorf Astoria Naples? Share your experiences!