I booked the hotel months in advance and my flight was cancelled due to weather. I spent a good amount of time on phone to make hotel aware I as still coming just on later flight and didn't want to lose my reservation . When I arrived they told me I was a "no show" and there was nothing they could do. I explained to them that my flight was cancelled because of the weather and I had even called to confirm. Plus I had even told them to charge the room for the night I wasn't there just so I can check in early. They insisted they were absolutely booked and couldn't help me. I asked for a manger or someone to help me and they insisted there was nothing they could do. Then I pulled out my phone to show them the length of time I spent on the phone with their hotel and insisted that they correct the problem , which is when magically a room was available. They had a room all along but were not courteous enough to rectify their own mistakes until I became irate. Not to mention their computer system was down and couldn't offer any of the guests keys to the room. If someone wanted to leave they had to call the bellman to let them back in. Horrible service, and should be accommodating especially since I ended up paying for the room regardless for the night I didn't stay .
On a side note: the room service people were great and very pleasant. The food was bad- indelible and had to send it back and what I got in return was equally bad so I gave up and walked over a mile for some decent food.
My neighbor told me he too was told his reservation was cancelled and wouldn't offer him a room. He eventually got one but these mistakes shouldn't occur especially when the hotels are given notifications that their guest are stuck in a storm .
- Also Known As:
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel Naples
- Waldorf Astoria Naples Hotel
- The Waldorf Astoria Collection Naples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waldorf Astoria Naples is Southwest Florida’s insider secret for couples, families and business groups looking for an eco-smart beach retreat with panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico. Set on 23 waterfront acres adjoining a 200-acre nature preserve and mangrove estuary, the resort is celebrated for its genuinely friendly staff who embody the highly hospitable philosophy of "The answer is yes; what’s the question?" Inviting features include spacious guestrooms, suites and bungalows with private balconies or patios; same-floor meeting space and break-out rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows; energizing recreation, including championship golf, award-winning tennis and water sports on three miles of sugar sand beach; three signature pools, including one with a 100-foot water slide; a rejuvenating Waldorf Astoria Spa and inventive dining options. It’s also just a short stroll or bike ride on palm-lined streets to unique shops, restaurants and galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Naples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.