“Poor customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Naples Grande Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Naples Grande Beach Resort to your Saves list
Naples Grande Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   475 Seagate Drive, Naples, FL 34103 (Formerly Waldorf Astoria Naples) (North Naples)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Newark, New Jersey
“Poor customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked the hotel months in advance and my flight was cancelled due to weather. I spent a good amount of time on phone to make hotel aware I as still coming just on later flight and didn't want to lose my reservation . When I arrived they told me I was a "no show" and there was nothing they could do. I explained to them that my flight was cancelled because of the weather and I had even called to confirm. Plus I had even told them to charge the room for the night I wasn't there just so I can check in early. They insisted they were absolutely booked and couldn't help me. I asked for a manger or someone to help me and they insisted there was nothing they could do. Then I pulled out my phone to show them the length of time I spent on the phone with their hotel and insisted that they correct the problem , which is when magically a room was available. They had a room all along but were not courteous enough to rectify their own mistakes until I became irate. Not to mention their computer system was down and couldn't offer any of the guests keys to the room. If someone wanted to leave they had to call the bellman to let them back in. Horrible service, and should be accommodating especially since I ended up paying for the room regardless for the night I didn't stay .
On a side note: the room service people were great and very pleasant. The food was bad- indelible and had to send it back and what I got in return was equally bad so I gave up and walked over a mile for some decent food.
My neighbor told me he too was told his reservation was cancelled and wouldn't offer him a room. He eventually got one but these mistakes shouldn't occur especially when the hotels are given notifications that their guest are stuck in a storm .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hunter H, General Manager at Naples Grande Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience. Clearly there was some kind of miscommunication with regard to your reservation and we are extremely sorry that this occurred. We can understand that travelling can be stressful enough, even without these types of incidents and we hope you will accept our apologies. We will address this with our front office manager so she can ensure it is handled appropriately. The manner in which we handle such situations can make all the difference and it is apparent that this particular situation was handled poorly. Once again our apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our family (we have four children between 6-12 years old) had a super stay at this hotel. We were there from October 30th for 3 nights. We were supposed to have been in Connecticut with friends but our trip there was cancelled because of Hurricane Sandy. The hotel were aware of our plight and still charged us fairly for our rooms (we had two spacious interconnecting rooms). Our rooms were spotless. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. In particular, Francis gave us great tips on where to take the children trick-or-treating for Halloween and Patricia on the Concierge Desk booked us into super restaurants, always going the extra mile to ensure we went to more 'local' restaurants (which was our wish) as opposed to the big chain style restaurants. The beach is a real treat with beautiful sunsets and the drivers of the little carts up and down the promenade were charming. The children loved the slide in the pool. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hunter H, General Manager at Naples Grande Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We were sorry to hear that your plans to visit friends had to be cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy, but were pleased to hear that you ended up in Sunny and Warm Naples Florida, and of course with us! Francis and Patricia will be so pleased to hear that you enjoyed their suggestions for you and we will be sure to pass along your compliments. Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again.
Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had such a great stay at the Waldorf Astoria Naples. The facilities are terrific. Loved the beach and the pool. The walk through the mangroves was great but there is a shuttle if you don't want the walk. It is a short drive to downtown to the 3rd Street and 5th Avenue areas and the Waterside shops are within walking distance for shopping or dining.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We were so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for sharing your comments with the trip advisor community. Don't be a stranger....Toledo gets cold but the weather is always perfect here in Naples!
Lighthouse Point, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The property of this hotel is lovely; rooms were large and the bathroom was huge; however it could have been cleaner. Located on the northern end of Naples, a short drive (but not walking distance) to 5th Avenue and Naples arts & entertainment center. Not many nearby choices for dinner or shopping (but many within 10 - 15 minutes away) We visited for a convention and the price was very reasonable for a 5 star hotel. My favorite part was the balcony; our room was on a high floor so i was able to enjoy the sunrise and also the sunset.

Room Tip: ask for a high room to enjoy the view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hunter H, General Manager at Naples Grande Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. I can only imagine how wonderful the views must have been each evening from your room and it was a shame that weren't here for leisure so you could do it a little more often! Overall it seems your stay was positive but we were concerned about the cleanliness comment and we will certainly address it. We truly value your patronage and the time you have taken to post your review and we hope to see you in the not so distant future.
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

You will not be disappointed in this hotel. It was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at.
It is a bit pricey but it is well worth the money. The service and staff are outstanding and the
beach is out of this world. Put it on your bucket list!! A must do hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower with great views of the beach.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hunter H, General Manager at Naples Grande Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Judy! We LOVE reviews like this! We were just deligthed to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope that you will come visit us again! Thank you for sharing.
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The entry way of the property is quite nice and gives a good first impression. Arrived with a rental car and chose the self parking garage under the hotel. A little unusual – there was no elevator to lobby level. Check in was efficient and very friendly so I could enter my room in just a few minutes. It was located on the 16th floor with a magnificent view of the Gulf and the city in the background. I used the large balcony a lot, for dinner, reading or just for a glass of wine in the evening. It was very relaxing. The room appeared to be newly renovated, had a good size, was spotlessly clean and had a VERY comfortable bed. Also the public areas are in good shape, with few exceptions. To me it looks like Waldorf took over a little run down property, but is in the final stage of implementing Waldorf standards.
The breakfast buffet was served in the Aura restaurant. Food was nicely presented and tasted great. This hotel is located a short way from the beach, I would guess a 10-15 min walk, but I used the lazy option – the free tram shuttle. During my stay it was very windy, so the beach was not crowded at all. There is a little bar with food at the beach. Amenities like towels and chairs are available. Instead of swimming I headed for the golf club associated with the hotel, a 10 minute drive. There is a small but nice clubhouse with a restaurant,a shop and locker rooms. I rented a golf cart and clubs and went off to the driving range. It was a very nice experience, and I finalized with a good lunch in the restaurant.
A few suggestions for changes – put a sign telling about no elevator to lobby outside of the garage. And the garage could benefit from more lights, or maybe just some white paint. And an exec lounge would be great!
What is different with this hotel compared to others? From my perspective the nice atmosphere and the exceptional service really stands out. All members of staff I met, from arrival to departure, had a pleasant approach and were very friendly and helpful. This for sure includes the golf course. This was my first stay here, and Waldorf Astoria Naples certainly entered my short list of favorite hotels.
Will I return? Certainly, a reservation for my wife and me over Christmas is in place, can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We are so pleased to hear you'll be returning for the Christmas Holiday! There is nothing more gratifying than repeat guests and we appreciate the time you have taken the time to emphasize both the positive and negative aspects of your trip. You will be pleased to hear that we have added signage in our garage and have scheduled a deep clean and painting of this area. If there is anything I can do to make your holiday even better, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at hunter.hansen@waldorfastoria.com.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I had our wedding rehearsal dinner at the Waldorf Astoria Naples in April 2012. Our party took place outdoors in the evening surrounding the pool and it was a fantastic event. The catering manager and the staff were wonderful to work with and they went above and beyond to make our event special. The food was fantastic and it was the perfect evening. Everyone raved about how beautiful the resort was and how perfect a location we chose. I could not imagine a better place to host a wedding event. We highly recommend staying at this resort and hosting your next event here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for hosting your rehearsal dinner with us! We were delighted to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the facilities and we wish to congratulate you both on "tying the knot"! We are a great place for anniversaries too.......

Been to Naples Grande Beach Resort? Share your experiences!