Let's start with me. I'm a person who lives in hotels 340 days a year for work. I usually change cities on weekends, and I mainly stick to Choice Hotels for their rewards programs. I work nights, so I usually sleep all day.
I have several issues with this hotel, first one is guests. While this is a golf resort, it mainly attracts snowbirds this time of year. The place is more like a retirement home with no guests under 30 unless they are a guest of the residents. People live here for months at a time to avoid their snow. Average age 65+
2nd, unless your a golfer who paid years in advance, don't expect the golf course view. They book up early. I was given the fantastic view of the parking lot including the constant noises of garbage trucks, diesel vehicles, backup sirens, car alarms, and the every hour siren of an emergency vehicle. My favorite part about this side of the hotel are the people on their Harley's staying here. Nothing like hearing them rev their engines at all times of the day and night. I own a motorcycle, but I have the dang courtesy to not vibrate the walls of the hotel when starting my bike. It's not warming the bike either, it's that stupid oh hey, lets rev the engine while I'm in neutral because it sounds cool noise.
3rd, they advertise 70 channels of TV. Your right, 70 channels, more than 50% of which are static flurries. Maybe it reminds the snowbirds of home. Your working channels are local news, national news, golf, history, natgeo, ESPN, MTV, VH1, and some other junk ones. No kids channels if your bringing kids along, Nick, Disney, and Cartoon Network are snow.
4th, breakfast IS A COMPLETE JOKE. Your free breakfast is plain toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, a waffle maker, and concentrate OJ. But wait, there's more. For $10/pp or $6 for kids there's an amazing breakfast buffet. It's 4 sterno heated vats. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy. Please do the favor if your going to pay, drive 1.5 miles away to waffle house and $6 buys an All Star Breakfast that's so much better than this garbage. They cut the restaurant in 80/20% by queue rope, the free people are squeezed tightly with some sitting at the bar for seats in the 20%. On the other hand, the paid side is barely seating a table or two.
5th, mandatory cleaning. This one bugs me. Again with the stated fact that I work at night, I sleep all day. Usually the housekeeping hours of 9am-2pm are sleep for me. It is NOWHERE stated in writing that they require cleaning every 3 days. At home, I wash my sheets and towels once a week. I get 4 sets of towels, at one a day that still 4 days. Either way, I get woken up to a call from their head cleaning lady stating she HAS to clean my room. I explained the sleep thing, no care she HAS to clean it. So I agreed at 3pm she could visit to clean. Low and behold 240pm, knock knock..WTF I SAID 3, I'M STILL SLEEPING FROM THE LAST WAKEUP! I open the door, dazed. She looks in, says looks clean, I replied exactly. Do you need towels? No, told you that on phone. Ok, have a good day. Left. Ugh, I just totally screwed up my sleep pattern for you to NOT mandatory clean my room.
This is where it get's screwy, asked my coworker who's also staying here if they called and bugged him about mandatory cleaning. Nope, never called him, never knocked on his door. Been here the same time as I have, same DND tag every day. This is now infuriating.
6th, BE CAREFUL. Patios are equipped with the safety bars on all floors, and they don't stick when raised. Coworker was locked on patio for 40 minutes because the velcro on a bent bar didn't hold and it fell with him outside. He had dead bolted and secure locked the front door. What a mess. Imagine this if your older, no cellphone, and weak voice. You'd be stuck.
I don't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I won't be staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites Golf Hotel Naples
- Quality Inn And Suites Golf Hotel
- Quality Inn Naples
- Naples Quality Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn & Suites had 150 spacious rooms; some efficiencies & suites with balcony view. An 18-hole, Par 72 Championship Golf Course on premises;(seasonal prices and availability vary). Golf Packages availalbe; Pro Shop, and (Golf lessons available); Full size Lighted Driving Range. Full service Restaurant and Lounge; Poolside Chickee Bar; Heated Outdoor Pool w/Spa; Tennis Court & Basketball Hoop; Exercise Room and Pool Table. No resort fee. ATM Machine. Free local calls and high-speed wireless access; Free parking and Motor Coach friendly. NO pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, getaroom.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Quality Inn and Suites Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.