“Affordable and relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 58 hotels in Naples
Orlando, Florida
“Affordable and relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was impressed from the moment I pulled up to the property and went inside the lobby. My stay was in July 2013 with 3 other people. I used a groupon for the resort and it was a fantastic value. The rooms looked exactly as they did on the internet. The resort did not have a restaurant on property but lots of choices nearby. The grounds looked great and they reminded me of the grounds in Costa Rico. The condo although comfortable needs some updates (update the TV's to HD and the toilets were awfully low).

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room so that you don't have a view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Park Shore Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Diva57,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Park Shore Resort. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed another stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to serving you again.

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Even before we got out of our car I knew we made a mistake. The resort doesn't look anything like the on-line pictures. The pool was so crowded and it really looked dirty. There were geese on the property and a mess along the walkway, you had to watch where you stepped. We were supposed to be there for the week July 6-13th. We left early because of not liking it. The interior of the unit looks like it was decorated in the '70's and not updated. We had a problem with the racks in the dishwasher being so rusted they couldn't even get us replacement racks because the dw was so old. They did get us a new one the first thing the next morning. The staff were very nice. Sorry I would not recommend this place.One morning we walk up and found that someone left an empty wine bottle on our window and there were a number of empties near by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Park Shore Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Bobbie6254,
Thank you very much for staying with us. I'm sorry you didn't completely enjoy your stay. Most guests have a fantastic time and come back year after year. We do have ducks, turtles and other small critters that call the property home. Our walking paths are washed on a regular basis and it also often rains during the summer, so the issue with walking around is always taken care of. Thank you again, we hope to see you back soon.

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Upon arrival, it was already evident that we had made a mistake in choosing this "resort." Although clean on the outside, it is very outdated and in desperate need of an upgrade. This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo was fine, except for the fact that the two twin beds legitimately felt like they were air mattresses, and were by far the most uncomfortable beds I have experienced in a while -- worse than college dorm beds, and thats saying something. Also, the rust in the bathrooms was just unacceptable, and there wasn't really warm water, making showers miserable. The pond/small lake that creates the island is nice, especially at night when everything is lit up, however once you cross the bridge into the island, that all goes down the drain. In the pool, the chairs are old and in need of updating, and the pool itself was foul. Hair was floating all over, along with various bugs, leaves, and other wonderful surprises, definitely something that needed to be watched over and maintained more diligently. The hot tub was also disappointing - extremely small and very dirty, with a huge filter sticking up in the middle of it which was a tripping hazard. The gazebo/grilling area was nice, and it seemed to be one of the newer parts of the island. Lastly, the so-called restaurant that was supposed to be on the island was closed and the building was for sale...so that was a huge let down. If this resort was updated and brought up to the standards of this decade, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but while its stuck in the 1990's, do yourself a favor and book somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Park Shore Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Joann B.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry you weren't completely satisfied with your experience. The restaurant is owned by a 3rd party company so unfortunately we don't have any control over it. Thank you for letting me know about your other concerns, I will be looking into them. Thank you again and we do hope to see you in the future.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at Park Shore in June 2013 thanks to the Groupon we purchased.

Pros:
- The Groupon made it an excellent value for a four night stay
- Units themselves were clean and well kept-up on the inside
- Centrally located near everything in Naples - beaches are a short drive away as are restaurants, shopping and activities
- Grounds are lovely and make for a peaceful surrounding - the interior grounds, lake, falls, etc. are beautiful and nicely lit at night. We enjoyed taking walks at night to watch the turtles, ducks, lizards, etc.
- Area is quiet at night and is nice for a quiet vacation - it's situated in the middle of the Park Shore neighborhood
- Cupcake the cat is sweet and comes when you call her name (walk out of the pool area and call for her, she usually comes out!)
- Large rooms and a large balcony - fully furnished kitchen

Cons:
- I would not pay full price to stay here but felt it was a great deal with the Groupon.

- Bottom line is this is an apartment complex that's been renovated and renamed. There are definitely some people living here full time. There's nothing wrong with that except it really doesn't meet the definition of a "resort" to have year-round residents mixed in with vacationers. They should be more up front about this on their website.

- The first night we stayed there was construction all around us early the next morning. We did our best to ignore it but it woke us up the second morning again and we called the front desk about it. Other condo owners were having work done and the front desk could do nothing about it but move us to a new room. They did upgrade us to the nicer two bedroom option which was nice of them, but we had to move our stuff half way across the "resort" because of the construction. Once we got moved into the second room we discovered more construction happening near it. They told us they didn't track what work was going on with individually owned units, so beware that you could be vacationing next to remodeling!

- The buildings are older and I would not classify this location as a true resort. Walkways outside the rooms, elevators and parking areas are not maintained very well. Furnishings in the unit are not up-to-date and some of the mattresses (twin beds) are not comfortable. To be fair, the furniture seemed clean, as did the interior of the unit, it was just somewhat outdated.

- Pool is nice but nothing major and does close early - I believe the sign said 9 p.m. Hot tub is tiny and not nearly nice enough to qualify as resort. There are no real activities on the grounds unless you count old tennis courts located behind the units. No restaurants on site and no other activities to qualify this as a resort.

Bottom line: I'd come back again at the Groupon rate but not at full price.

Room Tip: Ask if there's any remodeling work going on near the room you're assigned.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amy S,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Park Shore Resort and for taking the time to give us your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the grounds and local wildlife. I apologize for the construction work, unfortunately we have no control over that, but I do hope it was better in the second room we moved your family into. The onsite restaurant is owned by a third party, we are hoping it will sell and reopen soon. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Pros: Close to everything. Clam Pass beach is a mile away. The other beaches are within 5 and 15 miles. It has 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms...can't beat that! There's a full kitchen. Saved a lot of money on take out. Grocery store across the street. Friendly people. The best part was I got this deal on Groupon so it was a VERY GOOD Price!!!! The view from the private deck was good. It faces the fountain and lagoon.

The cons: The towels can barely dry my hair. They were rough! The pictures on their website was misleading. The pool was good but small unlike the pictures online. The famed waterfalls was nothing but cascading waters. Looked better in the online pics. The grilling area was far from the rooms. If you want to drag all your barbecue food and other stuff for grilling then you need lots of hands or a cart. It might be better if they have it closer to the units. The "SPA" was nothing but a small round hole in the ground with hot swirling water. It barely fit me and my husband! But we did not spend much time in the pool/spa/waterfall area since all the beaches were waiting to be explored. Since I got this from Groupon, I don't get housekeeping free. $25/day if I want it. NO WAY I will pay $100 to get new sheets and rough towels. I can change sheets and get my own towels.

Conclusion: Will I go back here? I'm not sure. If I have to pay full price then most likely not. It all depends on what your family/group needs. For us, a small rental home will be better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Park Shore Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear rmdc29,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found the grounds and room to be perfect for your needs. Thank you again and please come back and see us soon.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We showed up with 4 High-school aged kids looking for a fun weekend at a "Resort". It looks like an apartment complex (people are also living there). The pool was very basic and dirty as were the pool chairs. The actual rooms in the 2BR unit were fine, and if you're looking for a cheap vacation to sit and read, this is the place for you. We could not find a beach to go to anywhere close. We checked out 3 days early due to our disappointment. We should have known the second we showed up, and the low energy guy at the front desk looked bothered that he had to check us in. At that time we asked where the beach was, and all he said was "go back to the stop sign, turn left and walk for about a mile". We never did find what he was referring to, as there was an inlet that needed to be crossed before there was any beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Park Shore Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Wendy,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. All of our online photo accurately portray our property and what it offers our guests. We do not try to be a large beach front resort, we are a quiet, relaxing resort where people come to de-stress. We are located within 2 miles of some top Naples Beaches that are very easy to find. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you enjoyed your time in Naples.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

So 6 of us shared a two bedroom suite around the beginning of June using a groupon voucher. The reservation and check-in processes were very painless. The suite was pretty clean, amenities included a full kitchen complete with pots, pans, dishes, and silverware. The property itself is very beautiful and scenic, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and we used the grill/gazebo area for a cookout.

However we did wish that the pool and hot tub were open a little bit later (closes at 10pm), but we understood the reasoning behind it. We had to ask the front desk for more toilet paper, paper towels, etc. a couple of times and they were happy to oblige. They even happily took a picture of our whole group upon departure when we asked.

The resort is conveniently located with a Publix Supermarket right next door which was helpful due to the fact that all of us were on a budget. It is a little ways away from the beach though.

My only real complaint is that I witnessed a groundsperson using a luggage cart to transport trash when just the night before we had used one to bring our groceries up to the room.

I, myself work in the hotel industry and I can say that I was pleased with the Park Shore Resort and would highly recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Some buildings have two floors, some have three, and others have four. So if you want the top floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Park Shore Resort, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear jsharp0707,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at Park Shore Resort. I'm happy to hear that you and your group had a pleasant experience and that our staff was able to take good care of you. We truly strive to make sure each guest has a memorable experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Steve McIntire - General Manager

Been to Park Shore Resort? Share your experiences!