“Hard not to like” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples

You added LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples to your Saves list
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   9891 Gulf Shore Drive, Naples, FL 34108 (North Naples)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$50/night Resort Credit
Ranked #5 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Hard not to like”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I wanted a Thursday-Sunday escape from New Jersey. We decided to go to Naples which we heard nothing but great things. Trusting Trip Advisor it became apparent that the Ritz Carlton and LaPlaya were the two top resorts. With the Ritz being closed for renovations we picked LaPlaya by default. laPlaya was clean, classy and very comfortable. I would describe it as more of a boutique Hotel, smaller and very personalized. Unlike the Ritz(which my wife and I walked along the beach to see)(only a half mile) LaPlaya was very close to the beach thus the tower views of the gulf were amazing. We received great service from the valet staff and the beach service staff. Everyone was very polite, nice and not too stuffy. The room was clean and comfortable.
We spent our days relaxing on the beach and our dinners downtown on 5th avenue.

A Perfect getaway.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! We know that you have many choices when it comes to your accommodations, and we appreciate you choosing our boutique resort for your weekend escape from New Jersey.

At LaPlaya, our daily mission is to provide you with a clean, well maintained facility with superb food and beverage – all provided by a friendly, attentive staff. While it’s great to see that we excelled in each of these facets, it really is a pleasure to read your comments regarding our service. While we always want to remain professional, the friendliness which you experienced is paramount to our success. After all, who wants stuffy, overly formal service when you are staying at a beach resort?! I’ll be sure to share your review with our team – I know that they will really enjoy your comments regarding their hospitality.

Thank you again for choosing LaPlaya. Being only 33 steps from the beach is indeed ideal for a spectacular view, and those wonderful views await your next visit to LaPlaya.

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Marlboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this beautiful hotel for the third time. We love the grounds, the view of the ocean and the quality of the food, but the most outstanding quality about La Playa is the service. We rented a cabana for several days and the attention that we received from Anthony, Nathan and Ben was unparalleled. They ensured that we had everything we could possibly need -- to not only be comfortable, but to feel spoiled. They are the best!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! It was our pleasure helping you relax and feel spoiled, and we really appreciate you giving us the chance by choosing our boutique resort for your trip.

The quality of our service is incredibly important to us, so we couldn’t be happier to read about your experience. Anthony, Ben, and Nathan all truly encompass the LaPlaya philosophy of friendly, attentive service. I’ll be sure that they receive some extra recognition for their above and beyond hospitality!

Thank you again for your visit and support. We will be sure to keep a cabana reserved for your next visit to LaPlaya!

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel itself is pretty but needs attention in a couple of areas, the beach chairs need to be pressure washed so they look whiter and the tiki bar fixtures need to be replace, but in general the rooms are great and they have a priceless view .now service wise , this hotel is heaven, shaun bennet, alex and corey just make this place worth much more. I will go back on a heart beat, THANK YOU GUYS !!! Att : Mss gomez . unit 438!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya and for sharing the details of your visit on TripAdvisor! Service is key to a great vacation, so it’s a pleasure to read about the true hospitality that you experienced at the hands of our team. In particular, I’ll be sure to share your praise with Shaun, Alex, and Corey – and also arrange for a little extra special recognition for their efforts.

Our beach team reviewed your comments regarding the chairs as well. They do offer their apologies and assure you that they will do better. Normally their routine cleaning helps ensure a positive presentation, so we’ll have to step up our efforts to make sure that is indeed the case on your next visit.

Thank you again for your visit and support. Our entire team (and those amazing views) await your next trip to LaPlaya!

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Again had the pleasure to spend 9 nights at this beautiful hotel this past August for the 3rd time in the last five years. From the minute the hotel comes into view, ones whole demeanor and attitude changes. There is just something magical about seeing the sign LaPlaya lit up. You just can't wait to start being spoiled the minute you arrive. The valet service is superior and the personnel greeting you are so friendly and polite, that one can't help but to just start sitting back and begin to relax.

The rooms are spacious and clean. Balconies are big and the view of the Gulf is breathtaking.

As this was our 3rd visit, we knew several personal and the way they treated us was as if it was our first visit. Ron the GM, Donna in reservations, Joanna, Tiki Manager, Alan - Head of pool area, Ben pool attendant, Maria - Front office manager and the list goes on - just very, very special people and they all can't do enough to make you feel wanted and right at home.

The resturant - Baleen's offers delicious meals all time of the day and night. But the dinner hour and sitting outside enjoying your meal, with the Gulf right next to you and waiting for that beautiful sunset is someting you do not want to miss.

All in all - I could go on and on and rave about so many different areas of the hotel, beach, pool, etc, but if you are planning on vacationing in Naples Fl., you owe it to yourself to check out LaPlaya. You won't be dissapointed, and if you decide to stay there, you will find it extremely difficult to leave, as well as wanting to return as soon as possible !!!!!!

Thank You LaPlaya and everyone there that made our visit again feel like a "Little Bit of Heaven"

Room Tip: Try to get into the beach tower - higher floor - views of Gulf are spectacular !!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
From all of us here at LaPlaya, a big “THANK YOU” for continuing to make us your destination of choice here in Naples! A nine night vacation definitely allows you to kick back, relax, and experience all that we have to offer at LaPlaya.

\We also appreciate you taking the time to once again share your experience here on TripAdvisor. While we are pleased to read any positive review of our resort, reviews from our repeat guests really allow us to gauge consistency in our product and service over time. We understand that our guests want to have the same enjoyable experience time after time, and we are committed to making sure this desire becomes a reality. Over the years, I’m sure you’ve noticed our continuous upgrades and service additions to continue to enhance your LaPlaya experience. We even currently have a few unique items in the works that you won’t be able to find anywhere else in Naples. After all, just as your title states, we want your experience to keep getting better and better.

Thank you again for your visit and support! We look forward to welcoming you back for your fourth visit someday soon.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stated at la playa for three nights and stayed in a tower room. The room was beautifully appointed with a million dollar view of the beach and ocean. Service was outstanding and the restuarant was 5 star.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your three night getaway! It’s great to read about your luxury visit to our boutique resort – including that “million dollar view.” Couldn’t say it better myself!

Our entire team looks forward to once again providing you with outstanding service on your next visit to Naples.

bucks cty, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just returned from a great stay (long weekend) at La Playa. Everything was perfect, and beyond our expectations.

From the start, we loved the true customer service we received, and that alone will keep us coming back. I am an oncology patient, so traveling sometimes comes with some hiccups. Besides a wonderful room assignment in a beachfront tower room, we were greeted by a bottle of champagne to celebrate my "chemo vacation" - a personal touch that meant so much to us! Can't thank the staff enough for their personal attention.

We arrived early after a brunch with local family fell through, but the hotel was able to check us in early. They were also able to give us a 1pm check out on departure day. The view from our beachfront room was beautiful! A joy to wake up to every morning. The window in the marble shower was also a nice surprise, allowing you to shower, or soak in the whirlpool tub, while still enjoying the gulf view. I'd probably pass on it if traveling with family/friends as that might be awkward (you can see into the shower from the dining area and balcony...), but traveling as a couple - loved it! Beautiful pools and grounds, cabanas available for rent if you desire, great location on a white sand beach.

Every staff member was attentive and friendly. Valet service deserves a special note: On our first evening I needed a quick ER visit. My husband had called the Valet to bring the car around and ask where the hospital was. By the time we got downstairs, our car was there, as well as printed instructions to get to the ER. (bonus - ER was empty, and I was in and out in record time, just under 2 hours!)

Our beach attendant Shaun was also a stand-out, giving us tips on places to go/things to do, while always making sure we had plenty of iced water on the beach, as well as any food/drink we ordered. Chris, at the beach hut, was also on top of things. By our 2nd day he knew our preferences and tried to meet them. A simple call down to him and our lounges were set up and reserved, and we were told our flag number for the day. Ordering food/drinks was as simple as raising our flag.

We planned on making it to the spa - but never did. We did however eat at the restaurant, Baleen, and found it above average. With so many dining choices in the area, there are certainly better places to eat, but the view and atmosphere are unbeatable, so make sure to try and fit in a dinner here. We also had lunch on the beach daily...ordering the veggie wraps 3 times. Not sure if I was just in a veggie wrap mood, or if they were really that exceptional, after all, it's just a veggie wrap. But, I did copy down the ingredients, and plan on making them for myself this weekend. Hopefully they'll be as good. Also had breakfast a few times. The French toast with apple compote - to die for!

We only had 4 days this trip, but are already looking into a trip over the winter. I'd recommend La Playa to anyone looking for a beach vacation in SW Florida.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very thorough review of your recent visit to LaPlaya! We understand that this was a special trip for you, and it’s a real pleasure to read that our staff and resort were able to provide you with the experience you needed to relax and rejuvenate.

In particular, I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our associates for their genuine friendly, attentive service. One of the positives about having a loyal team here at LaPlaya is that they have come to truly understand and exhibit the fundamentals of hospitality. This can only come through experience, longevity, specialized training, and the service that we encounter on our own vacations. Most of our staff has been with us for many years, so you can count on a similar service culture to be in place on future visits as well.

Being an independently owned and operated property, our guest reviews truly drive our staff and management team to provide you with the best experience possible. We know that we cannot simply rely upon our name to attract new guests. Instead, we rely upon the recommendation of customers like you to help spread the word about what we have to offer here at LaPlaya. We are incredibly thankful for your kind words and recommendation, and we await the opportunity to welcome you back as a repeat guest this coming winter.

If I may be of any personal assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916
miami, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently returned from a 2 night stay at LaPlaya. I normally stay at the Ritz Carlton but it was closed due to renovations. I noticed LaPlaya was featured in Traveler magazine so I decided to give it a try. I was shocked at the hefty price tag - $459 per night for a pool view room. I don’t mind a lot for hotel rooms, but I found this price to be unexpected, especially during the summer months. I booked anyway because the resort looked nice and it was a good location. Let me start with the pros: Wonderful and accommodating staff! Everyone from the valet to check in to waitresses were lovely and super nice. They opened doors for me, minded their manners and made me feel very welcome. The valet was great, I don’t think I ever waited more than 2 minutes for my car and on a holiday wknd that is impressive. The food was decent, hotel food at best, but the view from baleens made it worth it. Not to mention my waitress was sweet and attentive. Checking in and out was simple and didn’t take more than 5 minutes. The grounds are all very nice, the pool is attractive to kids and adults. They could use some new towels, but minor detail. Here is what really got me, the room was awful! A step up from the holiday inn. Now, I wouldn’t mind this if I was paying 195 a night, but at 500 dollars a night, I expect a 500 dollar a night hotel room!! This room was horrible. The bathroom tile was all cracked and the fixtures were outdated. Not to mention the bathroom was super small. The bed linens were old and rough. The room just wasn’t worthy of the price tag. I don’t know what room Conde Nast traveler was treated to but it certainly wasn’t the third floor pool view room I was in- because that one was awful!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than the room, my stay was quite nice.

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples. Despite the positives you noted regarding our service and grounds, we are disappointed that we fell short with your guestroom quality. Our guest experience in all facets of our resort is our number one priority, and comments like yours are truly taken to heart. For the dissatisfaction you experienced, I am sorry.

Our room product is important to us, and we have spent most of the past year updating nearly all the furnishings, artwork, carpet, and light fixtures. We are committed to providing our guests with a comfortable, relaxing environment while at LaPlaya, and we will continue to strive to make necessary improvements to increase your satisfaction. I will also have our engineering team review the cracked tile, as well as share your comments regarding the linen with our housekeeping and laundry team. Our custom linen package and guestroom design and décor are all normally very popular for their uniqueness and comfort, so we want that to be the case each and every time.

Again, please accept my apologies that we did not provide for a better overall experience. It’s our responsibility to make sure your visit is a positive one in each and every way. We should perform better – and will work to do so in the future. If you have any other details of your visit that you like to share, or if I may be of assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you again for your visit and for sharing your experience. We do hope to have the opportunity to be of service in the future.

cgrossman@laplayaresort.com
239.597.3123 Ext. 5916

Been to LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples? Share your experiences!