“Fabulous two days” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples

Save Saved
You added LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples to your Saves list
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9891 Gulf Shore Drive, Naples, FL 34108 (North Naples)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$50 per day Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Burr Ridge, Illinois
“Fabulous two days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just loved our stay at LaPlaya. We were stranded after a snowstorm in Chicago and they managed to book a beautiful room on the east side of the street. The room was beautiful, large and had a beautiful veranda. We dined and had cocktails in the lounge. It's convenient to
many amenities. Sorry I didn't discover the pool until the afternoon we were leaving.

I would definitely go back there again. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a new room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of LaPlaya! Chicago has indeed had a tough winter this year, so it’s nice to read that your visit to our boutique resort helped you escape the snow for a few days. Our Bay Tower rooms are indeed spacious and inviting – particularly the large balconies with views of the resort and bay. We’re pleased that you enjoyed it!

We hope the winter winds down soon – but if not, we’ll save you a seat by the pool here at LaPlaya!

Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Traveled here with my wife in February. I should say at the outset that I am not used to paying more than $200 a night for a hotel, so perhaps my expectations are too high when I am out of my comfort zone, such as the ~$400 area where this hotel sits.

Good location, lovely beach, and nice pool. For the most part, the staff was great, especially the pool staff.

BUT it was, all in all, incredibly overpriced. Rooms were OK, not what I would expect from a 5 star resort. The front desk was not very accommodating, and there was very poor communication about taxi prices by the valets, as well as frustratingly late room service (an hour for a $6 coffee??). And the add-ons were everywhere. I will not be returning.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing LaPlaya for your recent visit to Naples! We do indeed have a special location being right on Vanderbilt Beach – and the lagoon style pools are also a great place to spend an afternoon relaxing. Thank you for also recognizing our staff for their friendly and attentive service, which we will be sure to pass onto the team (particular the pool crew!).

That being said, we understand our guests expect a good value when they choose LaPlaya. I am sorry that we fell short in this respect regarding your visit. Our entire team puts a great amount of effort into ensuring we add value to our product, both in terms of service delivered and our facility. We understand we can always do better, and in your case it appears we should have.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other feedback that you’d like to share regarding your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to once again be of service on a future trip to Naples.

Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My fiance and I traveled to Naples Florida for a little R&R. I have to say I did extensive research, of course using Trip Advisor before making my decision. It was one of the best vacations I have had, especially since I had just come back from my trip to Punta Cana -take a look at that review. Our flight was an experience because we were supposed to leave at 9am and did not leave until 7pm. I was so worried about our reservations at the resort so I called to let them know what was happening with our flight. The staff was so understanding and apologetic about our mishaps and they assured me that everything would be ready for us no matter the time we came in. Needless to say, we came in close to 1am and the staff at the reception desk were so friendly and accommodating. They quickly checked us in so we could get a little rest.
The following morning we went to to the pool area to get some sun and the pool staff was just as friendly. They set up our chairs and set out our towels and took our food orders. They were extremely attentive to all our needs. They were all so professional and catered to their guests.
The following days it thunderstormed while we were out at the pool area - they offered us a cabana and even with the rain drenching them, they continued to serve all the guests that were waiting out the rain - talk about dedication to their jobs.
The rooms were a little older but very clean and very comfortable. The food, especially at the pool area, was fabulous!!! I recommend the cheeseburger and the chocolate banana shakes - to die for!
Definitely take advantage of a trip to Naples you will not be dissappointed by any means. There is so much to do like shopping at premier stores, eating out, miniature golf and definitely alligator tours. This was a great vacation and I plan to go again soon. I will definitely make another reservation at LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort it was money that was very well spent.
TwoGirlsTraveling

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room so you can take advantage of sunrise and sunset - you will definitely have a s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Laplaya for you recent visit to Naples! A ten hour flight delay will definitely lead to a weary travel day, so it’s nice to read about the warm and efficient welcome you experienced at the hands of our overnight team. Traveling can be more hectic than ever these days, and our team understands the importance of getting your visit off to a great start.

Thank you for also recognizing our pool setup and tiki bar teams for their attentive service and dedication to seeing that your needs were met each day. Your recommendation on the chocolate banana shake is right on – definitely a delicious treat!

Your patronge and support are most appreciated. It was our pleasure hosting you for your vacation -- and we look forward to being of service on your next visit to LaPlaya.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I attended a work conference over the President's day weekend and ending up staying at the LaPlaya Beach House-I believe room 256. LaPlaya was fully booked. The room is very dated and the rug needs to be replaced or cleaned. Bathtub small and dated; one small sink. When first entering, the room smelled of mold. Both of us coughed when in the room. Keeping the deck door slightly opened helped the mold issue. Doors to the hall slam loudly. Had an adjoining room and could clearly hear our neighbors. Even with the spectacular view and being so close to the water, not interested in returning. There has to be much better places for the money.

Room Tip: I did not see other rooms, but heard from others in our group that rooms in the tower are quite nice...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Allow me to begin by offering my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced on your recent visit to LaPlaya. We understand that you have a choice when it comes to your accommodations – and by choosing LaPlaya we know that you expect a top tier experience. We customarily succeed in this endeavor on a daily basis, and I am sorry that this was not the case during your February stay.

It is clear from your review that your displeasure resulted from your guestroom not being up to your expectations. In particular, I am sorry for the noise you experienced from your neighbors and the allergies that proved bothersome. Our engineering team has attended to the connecting door area to make any possible adjustments to the noise barriers, and fortunately we could not find any air quality issues in your guestroom. We did recently install new carpet in that wing of the hotel the week after your visit as part of our routine guestroom updates. We are committed to the continued maintenance and improvement of our guestroom product, and have made many changes over the past year – including new furnishings, artwork, light fixtures, and carpet. While these new designs do convey an updated look and feel to our guestrooms, the choices we make still convey the “Old Florida” charm for which we are known.

At LaPlaya, our entire team works diligently to provide our guests with a comfortable, relaxing visit accompanied by a high level of service. We take great pride in our service and facility, and always do our best to offer our guests the experience which they both expect and deserve.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional comments regarding your visit. If you do happen to return to Naples in the future, we hope to have the opportunity to earn your business back here at LaPlaya.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our group of 5 couples have returned for the 3rd time and it gets better each time. Very low key atmosphere with all the extras. Not a stuffy feel. Top notch. From the servers in Baleens to the beach servers, Corey(even recognized us 4 women from previous years) to Shaun.
The food at the pool was great. The blackened grouper sandwich and fries are killer. An absolute
must at Balleens is their lobster mac and cheese.
We have already reserved our rooms for next year and the men have set up tee times at the LaPlaya Golf club.
Beautiful beach and charming resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris G, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
On behalf of our entire team, please accept our utmost thanks and gratitude for continuing to choose LaPlaya as your destination of choice here in Naples. Being an independently operated boutique resort, reviews from repeat guests such as you really mean a lot to us. Not only does it show that we continue to achieve our goals in regards to guest satisfaction, but also helps spread the word to other travelers about what we have to offer here at LaPlaya.

Thank you again for your continued patronage and support. We look forward to your next visit to LaPlaya.

Plymouth, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am a 8 year old. Laplaya is SO relaxing. First of all, I'm a big swimmer. The pool is awesome! I've had a good time at the beach. Anyone who is reading this right now that rated Laplaya poor or terrible, DEFINITELY terrible, has to change their rating. The service at the pool and beach are great. You get to order (Like every restaurant)and not move a muscle and when the food comes ENJOY! The room service is okay. If you are lucky, you may catch a chameleon or two.Here's one problem. There is one stuffed sea turtle in every room and it may seem like a welcome gift but it's N-O-T not a welcome gift. It like, kind of comes with the fridge. You know that the fridge has all that soda and stuff. The turtle costs money to just like the stuff in the fridge. Well, the turtle is just like that so, BEWARE!That's all I have to say, bye!

Room Tip: First floor pool view is great in my opinion.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Out of our nearly 900 reviews on TripAdvisor, I do believe that you are indeed our youngest fan to write about your visit! So allow us to thank you for both your time and adamant support of all that we do here at LaPlaya. It’s great to read that you and your family had a great vacation, especially swimming in the pools and enjoying the service on the beach.

I do have one problem that you may be able to help me with. We recently came across a special stuffed turtle that needs a home – and, being a true ambassador of LaPlaya, thought that perhaps you would be the perfect candidate. Just have your parents contact me so that I can arrange the transportation for this special turtle.

Thank you again for all your support,

Wantagh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The La Playa Beach & Golf Resort of Naples was the host to one of the greatest vacations I have ever had. The beautiful location and layout of the resort exceeded any of my expectations. The staff was so kind and caring that they it felt like family... they really made us feel special. I truly can not wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
At LaPlaya, everything we do is geared toward ensuring the complete satisfaction of our guests. Reading a review such as yours is a true pleasure, especially your comment declaring your vacation experience at LaPlaya as your "best ever."

Our entire team will appreciate your praise – and we will all look forward to your return!

Rooms Manager

Been to LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples? Share your experiences!