“Delightful Old Florida Elegance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples

Save Saved
You added LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples to your Saves list
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   9891 Gulf Shore Drive, Naples, FL 34108 (North Naples)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$50 per day Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 58 hotels in Naples
South Florida, Florida
“Delightful Old Florida Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I just love this place. I actually have not stayed here yet but have attended parties and meet friends for drinks. The food and drinks are superb as is the service. I love the ambiance and the beach setting. It is so picturesque and laid back with a twist of Old Florida Elegance. I can't wait to make a reservation and stay with my hubby.

PS: Sit by the fire pit and dig your feet in the sand!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jason M, Manager at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your review of LaPlaya! We are so pleased to see that you have enjoyed LaPlaya and our signature waterfront restaurant, BaleenNaples!

Over the past few years, Baleen has become not only a wonderful venue for our resort guests and members, but a favorite for locals who want to enjoy a premier waterfront dining experience as well!

We look forward to you enjoying the full LaPlaya experience in the near future as well!

Thank you for your continued patronage,

1,353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
La Canada Flintridge, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort in Naples is a great place to stay. Right on the Gulf of Mexico, walk up and down the beach, beautiful sand. The rooms are clean and nice sized. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is older but well maintained. The food was good. We had a car so could drive to shop and etc. There is really no shops close to the hotel. We would go back.

Room Tip: We liked the beach house rooms. Right on the beach.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for ranking your experience at LaPlaya on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your review!

I have passed on your comments of your visit to our team, we are all pleased to see you enjoyed our wonderful location, and well mantained facility.

We are happy to see that you noted you will be returning!

Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at La Playa for 3 nights in August. The hotel is in a great location, right on beautiful Naples beach. The buildings are not new, but are well maintained and nicely furnished in a classical style. There are 3 outdoor pools, which are lovely and not crowded when we were there. We had breakfast in the main restaurant which was excellent but expensive. It was fantastic to eat on the terrace and watch the wild dolphins swim by! We had lunch at the tiki bar, which was simple but good. We didn't try the main restaurant for dinner as it looked too expensive and fancy for us. It was a short drive into downtown Naples where there are lots of nice places to eat. The staff are very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Overall, it was a really nice stay, with a couple of minor downsides:

- Our room was right opposite the air conditioning plant which made a hell of a noise both night and day. We were on the third floor of the main building and I think we ended up with the worst room in the place. The rooms on the higher floors looked nicer.
- There is nowhere to park yourself - you have to use their valet parking which is expensive and not very convenient.

But these are small niggles. I would certainly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room high in the main building (above the third floor)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience of LaPlaya on Trip Advisor!

We are happy to see that you took the time to review of from your August visit. LaPlaya is known for our wonderful location, and we take great pride in keeping the facility well maintained, thank you for noting that in your review.

I have shared your comments regarding the noise from your room with our Engineering team. We rarely receive feedback regarding noise from our A/C system, as it was recently replaced. I will have them review to make sure it is still functioning properly.

Thank you for your stay, and we hope you will choose LapLaya again in the future.

Thanks,

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

LaPlaya could not have given us a better wedding experience! If the spectacular scenery wasn't enough, they have the best staff ever! I could not say enough wonderful things about this hotel! I thought the best way to explain it was to forward my thank you letter to the hotel for you all to read:

Dear Laplaya,

We were recently married at your beautiful resort (11/16/12) and we really wanted to let you know how truly wonderful our entire experience was and how absolutely impressed and amazed we were by all of your wonderful staff! Words cannot express how perfect and kind and just awesome everyone was! They made the entire stay and wedding better than perfect for us, our family and friends!

Of corse it all has to start will Julie Germer. She is the most amazing women to work with! She always made me feel like I was her only priority! She was always so helpful and so sweet! I could not have ever done this wedding without her! Her attention to every last detail and her ability it make it happen was just incredible! I cannot say enough wonderful things about how great she and your fabulous staff made our wedding! Everything went more perfect and more beautiful than we could have ever imagined!

From the moment we first started arriving with what felt like giant loads of wedding essentials. Adam was phenomenal! Lee and all your wonderful bell hop staff made us feel so at home. I wish we had been able to get all of there names because they we all so wonderful and they all worked so hard! We honestly felt bad about all the loads of things we were bringing and all the work we were making them do. But they never even blinked an eye! They were so kind and so nice! They always made us feel like there was no job to big, and there was nothing they couldn't handle for us with a smile! Just amazing people! Everyone one of them! Great group of guys!

About those valet guys! They too, were just top notch, above and beyond! There is nothing they wouldn't have done for us! Mark was amazing! They always made us feel like we were the only ones in the resort! The whole team was great from Doug and Spase, to Steven and Gavin! You couldn't ask for better people to be greeting your guests! Absolutely fantastic! Couldn't have asked for a better group of guys!

The majority of our time with family and friends at your resort was spent Beachside and at the tiki bar. Wow! I could not write a nice enough letter to explain how much we loved your staff and how much they added to the experience for us and our family and friends! Johanna was more than wonderful! What a great person! Again, she also made us feel like there was nothing she wouldn't do to make our stay perfect! Rob and Chris couldn't have been more friendly and more fun! I can't tell you how much we all loved sitting up there chatting with those guys! What a blast for everyone! Most of us had more fun at your resort, than any other time in our lives! What an awesome experience for us all!

On the beach, Billy, Daniel and Corey were remarkable! What a fun, great group! For all the wonderful hours we spent in those chairs, we never once had to look for one of them! They were always right there, anticipating our every need! Some days we were on the beach for hours and hours. They never missed a beat! They were so nice, and they worked so hard for us!

And a special thank you to Robert (head security) for always being there to make sure everything ran smoothly! Great guy!

When we left your resort and said goodbye to the staff we truly felt like we were saying goodbye to friends. Words can never really explain the magical time we all got to share at your resort and we can't thank you enough for having the best staff you could ever ask for! The entire trip was just amazing and everyone had such a great time! All of our family and friends are talking about coming back every year to celebrate our anniversary with us! We can never thank you all enough for the wonderful experience! You will definitely be seeing us again!!

I would never get married anywhere else! Remarkable experience! It was better than we ever thought it could possibly be!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the ocean views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your gracious review of your wedding experience at LaPlaya.

Reviews such as yours are very important to us, not only to reward our team for a job well done but to help us in attracting future business. We take great pride in offering a unique destination wedding experience.

Your review touched on almost all of our departments who work so hard together to make great events such as yours happen. I have shared this review with them.

Thank you for your business, and we hope you will return again soon!

Regards,

chapel hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place's service was excellent. It reminded me of Four Seasons Las Vegas. The food at hotel was way overpriced and I only got what I really wanted, salad and chicken when eating by the pool. Staff goes out of their way to accomodate you. The room was good but not a new property. I would recommend this hotel, great location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Laplaya!

We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience. Our guests have many choices when it comes to selecting a resort in Florida; we strive to make our personalized service standout to keep guests coming back!

Thank you for your feedback regarding our price point in Baleen Naples. We keep a close eye on our menu prices when compared to restaurants in our competitive set. While our beachfront destination and rising food prices do contribute to increased prices on our menu, we feel our menu adds a great value when you factor the quality (and quantity) of food compared to our competitive restaurants.

Thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will return again soon!

knokke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Coming from Europe, we sought the best spots to play golf and sit on the beach in that beautiful Florida weather. First of all, I personally think that Condé Nast gives to much honor to La Playa putting it best golf resort in Florida. The golf is 15 minutes away from the hotel, no shuttle, and as a resort guest you have to play between certain hours (not before 10,30 am!!). The golf is challenging, but there are better courses around in Naples. No, I am sorry, I would not put La Playa in my list of top golf resorts. Being at the ritz carlton golf, we played at 08,30 am. and still had the whole afternoon for going to the beach!

This said, if I go back to Naples I will most certainly go back to La Playa. The hotel is so nice, so warmly decorated. We payed at the hotel for a upgrade with view on the gulf, the sunset was stunning - all those orange/red colors. The staff was extremely friendly, from the staff at the valet parking to the employees at the beach. One person I have to mention in particular, the lovely Romenian girl at the Tiki bar were we went for lunch Georgina - so friendly in a natural way, everybody would like to have such a employee in their team.

Breakfast was served on table most of the days, only the day after Thanksgiving there was a buffet. Personally I prefer a buffet (when the buffet is 5 star). I think this should even upgrade the hotel.

Accomodations on the beach very good, + you could eat and drink on the beach as well. In the evening we ate 2 times in the fine dining balleen restaurant. Being gastronomic and coming from Europe we can tell you this is one of the best restaurants in Naples. Very good food, service, and extremely good wine choises.

As said we had a beautiful beach view room, but we visited also the bay view rooms (with the morning sun (beach view is evening sun)), I would not know wich room to make reservation when we go back.

So yes, La Playa is just perfect for a extremely good beach holliday. It is a good golf resort, but there are better. Next year when we go back we will certainly return to la Playa, but we will play different golf courses (and there are so many in the area).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Laplaya as your beach destination of choice! Coming from Europe, I can understand you considered many factors before choosing LaPlaya.

We are pleased to see that overall you enjoyed all that LaPlaya has to offer!

Reviews such as yours are very important to us, thank you.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed at LaPlaya for two nights prior to a wedding. The rooms were very nice, well decorated and had a lovely view of the Gulf. The resort provides a good value as opposed to some of the other luxury accommodations nearby. The one thing that I did not like was the mandatory valet service with the accompanying $23 a day charge. Would have been better if this service was optional and the charge included in the overall price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to LaPlaya!

While we focus on many key indicators when reviewing our operation, we do keep a close watch on what our guests say about value when staying at LaPlaya. It's very nice to see that you noted on your review that you felt you received a great value while a guest at LaPlaya. We find that the more value-added components we can add, only brings guests back to enjoy our wonderful beach, relaxing pools, etc!

I understand your frustration with the valet parking fees. Unfortunately, at our property we are limited in parking space and do not currently have any self parking options.

Thank your for your review!

Director of Rooms

Been to LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort Naples? Share your experiences!