“First class in every way” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sam-Bucco Bistro

Sam-Bucco Bistro
14700 Tamiami Trail N., Unit 5, Naples, FL 34110 (North Naples)
+1 239-592-6050
Cuisines: French, Italian, Seafood, Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North Naples
Naples, Florida
“First class in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

From our first visit a few years ago, we continue to be thrilled with virtually everything about this great restaurant, from it's classy decor, to the wide selection of Continental favorites, elegantly served by a well-trained wait-staff. It doesn't hurt to be greeted by Adel, one of the owners, with a genuine hug as you enter, and always a friendly wave from servers who remember you from past visits. The pricing is a little "high end" but the food is first rate and an $18 OFF coupon per couple (via e-mail if you sign up) eases one into the affordable category.
The only surprise about it all is that it's always first rate!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

williamstown.ma
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a pleasant place to eat. The atmosphere ,food and service were all above average and the prices were in the mid range for Naples. I had veal which was good and a Ceasar salad good but skimpy. My wife had pasta dish which she liked. Wines were fairly priced by the glass. Look for coupons.

bonita Springs, Florida, USA
“GREAT FOOD, POOR SERVICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

WOW. I have no idea how to start this review. Four of us went for dinner on 02-03-2013. I was looking forward to having dinner at this place because most of the reviews sounded great. A few had mentioned bad service but I was hoping that the bad service had just been an isolated incident. I hoped that we would get good service because I thought that the food would be GREAT. Guess what? The service was terrible. The waitress was HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. First they were busy which is fine - I understand its in season and every restaurant is busy. I don’t mind if the waiter or waitress is not at their best. I have a business and I know busy is crazy. But she was AWFUL. She took forever to take our order. We had to ask for bread and it took forever to get it. The appetizer was calamari and was good but not the best in town. Try Table Apart or Manhattan steak house for the best Calamari. They did bring the main course quickly and it was GREAT. Three of us had duck and one had pasta. We were VERY VERY happy with our dinner choices. But again we had to ask for more bread. We had to ask for butter for the bread and when the butter arrived it was almost frozen. The waitress never asked if we wanted coffee or dessert. We had to ask for coffee and to see the dessert menu. The coffee and cappuccino was VERY GOOD and the chocolate mousse was EXCELLENT. When we were done with dinner I told the owner about our service and that he had a TERRIBLE waitress that kept disappearing for a while (we could see her in a back room talking with other staff) but I also told him we were VERY HAPPY with our dinner that the duck was EXCELLENT. He appeared to be surprised but he didn't really respond to my complaints. I was hoping for an apology for the very poor service - that’s it. We did have a coupon for a portion off of the meals and I wondered if that was the reason for the poor service or for his lack of interest in my comments. The bill was still $191.00 and that seemed significant enough that he should have been more gracious. I have no idea what happened. We go out several times a week for dinner in Bonita and we are full time residents. We were entertaining friends from Michigan and were quite embarrassed regarding the service.

We will never, never eat there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naperville, Illinois
“Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Last night my husband and I were pleasantly surprised when we visited Sam-Bucco Bistro in Naples, FL. The establishment had put an add in the local paper giving one entree free. Having been out shopping all evening, we thought this would be a great way to end the evening. Although it is is a small strip mall, it is decorated very tastefully and elegantly. The wait staff is excellent and very attentive. Inside the entrance is an inviting bar where many of the guests were relaxing and enjoying their drinks. What we enjoyed most about the restaurant was its wonderful Mediterranean menu. Each dish seemed to have a little "twist" to it. I had shrimp and scallops Chorizo, which was wonderful. My husband had grilled chicken breast with braised red onions, roasted tomatoes, Portobello mushrooms and spinach, topped with goat cheese and served with scalloped potatoes. At the end of dinner, the manager came over to see how we enjoyed our meal. Although this has a Naples address it is not far from Bonita Springs and Ft. Myers Beach. Prices range from $20 - $29 (salad not included).

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, Maryland
“Best in (Italian) Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Another restaurant visited because of a coupon. The food and service were great. Best of all, they served whole wheat pasta which is rare. Everything about this restaurant said "class". The owner was very attentive and made sure we were happy as did everyone else--servers, bus boys and all. Thanks for a great experience.

Visited December 2012