“Excellent Tandoori Mahi Mahi - Gluten Free” 5 of 5 stars
Review of USS Nemo

USS Nemo
3745 North Tamiami Trail, Naples, FL 34103 (Park Shore)
(239) 261-6366
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Park Shore
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent Tandoori Mahi Mahi - Gluten Free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

On a recent visit to USS Nemo my wife and I have the Tandoori Mahi Mahi and it was amazing. It is served with rice and vegetables. It is served with a tzatziki sauce, as well as a spicy chutney on the side. The mahi mahi is a very fair portion and
it was a very tasty and filling meal. I would rank it as good or better than most Indian dishes I have ever had and I love Indian cuisine.

As far as the restaurant goes, it is a slightly upscale restaurant with a nice decor. It is in a strip mall but they have blocked out the large glass front windows and have put portholes along the glass front wall - a really nice touch. There is also outdoor dining although it is right on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant and it is a bit cramped.

They have a bar but they only have beer/wine/sake service. They do make many different types of mixed drinks using sake and the drinks are pretty good.

My wife and I both eat gluten free - me by choice and her by necessity. Although USS Nemo does not have a GF menu, they are accommodating and the wait staff is fairly knowledge.

Florida City, Florida
“Consistently Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This restaurant is one of the best in Naples, in my opinion. It has consistently served great food for years. It is one of the few places that will be full out of season and reservations are helpful year round. It's located within a strip mall. The restaurant has an Asian theme to the menu items. I don't believe they have a liquor license as most of their cocktail choices are made with Sake. They are known for their fish and you will find Branzino, Mahi, Halibut, Lobster, Sea Bass, and much more. They also offer chicken, steak and lamb. The Miso SeaBass is one of their signature dishes and a favorite. If you are looking for good fish in town, this is the place!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“I think I was punked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

First, I wanted to point out that you can't argue with success--when I visited, the restaurant was packed, and the table next to mine was raving about the food, particularly the Indian-spiced fish.

That said, I spent the entire meal trying to reconcile the reviews to my own experience. The yuzu shrimp came with a heavy, mayo-based sauce that made it look like a scoop of chicken salad. The miso-salmon was okay, but I didn't taste the miso, and I'm still not sure why it has other people swooning.

None of this is a reason not to visit--it's clearly a family operation, and it's nice to have an excuse to stop by the Norman Love chocolatier, which is right next door. I'm just surprised that all of the reviews are so overwhelmingly positive, and wanted to provide some additional perspective.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, New York
“Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Food, service,decor excellent and fairly priced. Menu is heavy on fish/seafood with Asian flair. Mussels in a spicy Indian sauce was delicious as was signature Chilean sea bass. Would absolutely return. Additionally, staff were very accommodating and made a table change without any fuss. We appreciated their graciousness

south Fort Myers
“A Good Catch !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A pleasant surprise ...USS Nemo is quite a nice restaurant with a "submarine" decor and an impressive menu with a Mediteranean flair. We dined early yesterday without a reservation, but would suggest having one if going after 6pm....the place starting filling up quickly.
The mussels which my husband ordered had a choice of sauces - his was delicious and a large portion. My sister and I had the snapper on rice with wok vegetables - delicious. There was a choice of regular or spicy flavors; we each chose a different one and each was equally as good.
We shared the fried green beans as an appetiser - Delicious ... with the healthy sized portions, there was no room for dessert!! Nice wine selections were offered.
Our service was very good, the atmosphere was very pleasant and the food was VERY GOOD. We would definitely recommend USS Nemo for a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited October 2012